SoulWarden.8197

This comes from a casual players' perspective. The combat feels great to me in PvE, but I don't understand the Condition system when used in PvP at all.

Maybe it'd be easier to have a clear separation between conditions with different colored and shaped indicators?

So any condition that impairs movement that doesn't cause damage is considered CC effects(Chill, Cripple, Immobilize, fear, slow, taunt, and stuns, push, pulls, knockdowns included). "Stun Breaks" free you from those types of effects. They should get a Circle indicator to differentiate them from damage conditions.

I would make Weakness, Vulnerability, and Blind unique to themselves and give them a Triangle indicator. They could be called exploits(?). These conditions would be harder to remove but still lumped together with Damage conditions when it comes to cleanses.

Condition Cleanse abilities and Traits would likely need to be looked at again so people aren't immune to the damage focused Conditions. But change them so they do something like "Cleanse X amount of conditions and 1 exploit".

I feel like these changes would just makes sense and could improve the gameplay loop. I am honestly hoping that this feedback will be looked at before the next expansion.

While I'm not opposed to changing the indicators to differentiate between damaging and movement-impairing conditions, I'm confused as to why this is a major issue in PvE? Most PvE enemies don't bomb you with conditions. There are a few in PoF I can think of, but the need for condition cleansing is practically zero for the vast majority of PvE gameplay. Most builds could run a cleansing sigil and never have any issues at all, I should think? At least, that's been my experience.

Also, FWIW, movement-impairing conditions already do have some tell-tale signs. For instance, blind applies an animation around the edges of your screen, while chill will not only slow you down, but changes the colors on the numeric cooldown indicators on your skill bars to blue. Meanwhile, cripple changes your character's movement animation to show a distinct limp while also slowing your movement speed. Immobilize, of course, prevents you from dodging or moving.

Once you know to look for these cues, it's pretty easy to tell when you have these conditions on you.

I fixed my post, thank you. I didn't realize I hadn't finished my thought.

But I believe these changes would also be good for PvE content. The symbol indicators and separation would give Players(like myself) a clear priority and idea of how to react to those situations. My idea would help PvP more I think though. Especially with the Condition dumps that happen in combat.