Afk farming in mad king labyrinth

I doubt it. As long as they aren't moving with like an auto path type thing too. If minions killing everything it's that line where I think it's wrong but anet doesn't seem to think so if the player is there when they whisper them. It's why Steve is a thing so you couldn't bot the whole instance w/o eventually getting killed even if you found one and you had it to yourself. You can also lure steve up there by "accident" too if it upsets you that much.

@"Scavarius.6059" said:https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/65548/policy-unattended-gameplayafk farm is prohibited, if you see some just report and block. or, if you realy want, drawing steve across the map is a thing, too : V

Report them yourself, nothing will ever happen, as we all know.

Lead some enemiy to kill them, and if the lazy AFKer happens to look and see you do it, you know, just so happens to look away from their other screen while they are watching netflix/youtube/TV/playing some other game, they can report you, and you will get banned for "harrasment". AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

@"Ayrilana.1396" said:If they saw someone griefing them and reported that player, they weren't actually AFK then.

Sure, they were "at the keyboard" as it were. Of course they weren't actually playing the game, but it's pretty apparent that none of that matters. The rules are all just vague enough so they can do anything or nothing at their leisure, as it is in all MMOs. Just react to protect the companys intrests, the rest can rot.

@Yggranya.5201 said:

@"Ayrilana.1396" said:If they saw someone griefing them and reported that player, they weren't actually AFK then.

Sure, they were "at the keyboard" as it were. Of course they weren't actually playing the game, but it's pretty apparent that none of that matters. The rules are all just vague enough so they can do anything or nothing at their leisure, as it is in all MMOs. Just react to protect the companys intrests, the rest can rot.

What the difference between minions killing mobs on one screen while watching Netflix on the other versus staring at only a single screen where the minions are killing the mobs?

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

@Ayrilana.1396 said:If they saw someone griefing them and reported that player, they weren't actually AFK then.

What the difference between minions killing mobs on one screen while watching Netflix on the other versus staring at only a single screen where the minions are killing the mobs?

None. Both instances the player isn't actually playing if he does nothing but watch his minions kill mobs or watch netflix while his minions kill mobs. That's where everyone differs on here. Some think you shouldn't get loot that way while others think it's perfectly splendid to read a book or do homework as you get loot doing nothing but stand in one spot.

You can discus long and short about allowed or not.But it sure does make the game look bad.I always leave an instance with these low lifes there.

It makes the game look BAD.Plus it apparantly pays off. That is even a WORSE signal you can send to your community.I despise AFK Farmers. They are too lazy to do the footwork and damage the rest of the community.

I mean: If a farming spot becomes too popular because of them... the solution is never to make it impossible to afk farm...the solution is always nerving. Spots were we legitimately grinded for materials (actively that is) are nerved to the ground due to these lazy crooks.

They do the farming, WE suffer.

@Jilora.9524 said:

@Ayrilana.1396 said:If they saw someone griefing them and reported that player, they weren't actually AFK then.

None. Both instances the player isn't actually playing if he does nothing but watch his minions kill mobs or watch netflix while his minions kill mobs. That's where everyone differs on here. Some think you shouldn't get loot that way while others think it's perfectly splendid to read a book or do homework as you get loot doing nothing but stand in one spot.

Except that it's allowed by Anet. You may dislike it but it's their game and their rules.

@"Tuna Bandit.3786" said:You can discus long and short about allowed or not.But it sure does make the game look bad.I always leave an instance with these low lifes there.

It makes the game look BAD.Plus it apparantly pays off. That is even a WORSE signal you can send to your community.I despise AFK Farmers. They are too lazy to do the footwork and damage the rest of the community.

I mean: If a farming spot becomes too popular because of them... the solution is never to make it impossible to afk farm...the solution is always nerving. Spots were we legitimately grinded for materials (actively that is) are nerved to the ground due to these lazy crooks.

They do the farming, WE suffer.

How do a a handful of players, which are significantly less than the other players farming, going to negatively impact the value of the loot for others? Take lab for example. Let's say there are 50 players across all instances letting their minions do the killing while standing in one spot. How many players do you think are farming lab the "normal" way? Don't you think those players would have more of an impact as they get significantly more ToT bags?

Other than their presence being an annoyance, can you actually prove that it is harmful to the game?

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

Except that it's allowed by Anet. You may dislike it but it's their game and their rules.

In other words, all of these threads are redundant as anet is indifferent to their own ToS. As i said, just vague enough rules so anet doesn't need to enforce anything until it fits anets needs so they can keep as many people "playing" as possible. It's just what i have come to expect from MMO developers.

Want proof that anet doesn't care? Go to iron marches: bloodfin lake, and watch as they are still standing there with their army of engineers that have been there for years. I'm sure they are just AFKing... You can say what you want, but you will never convince me that someone is willing to farm anything for years without doing anything else in game. After all, when they stand there every single day, they obviously can't be doing anything else, unless it's allowed to just use two or more accounts at the same time (i wonder how they activate the skills conviniently at regular intervals? Hmmm...). If it is allowed, then as i said, all these threads are redundant as soon as anet stops pretending and just admits it.

@Yggranya.5201 said:

In other words, all of these threads are redundant as anet is indifferent to their own ToS. As i said, just vague enough rules so anet doesn't need to enforce anything until it fits anets needs so they can keep as many people "playing" as possible. It's just what i have come to expect from MMO developers.

Want proof that anet doesn't care? Go to iron marches: bloodfin lake, and watch as they are still standing there with their army of engineers that have been there for years. I'm sure they are just AFKing... You can say what you want, but you will never convince me that someone is willing to farm anything for years without doing anything else in game. After all, when they stand there every single day, they obviously can't be doing anything else, unless it's allowed to just use two or more accounts at the same time (i wonder how they activate the skills conviniently at regular intervals? Hmmm...). If it is allowed, then as i said, all these threads are redundant as soon as anet stops pretending and just admits it.

Can you prove that those have been the same accounts? Can you prove that those people are actually AFK?

What about the rules are vague to you?

Unattended and inattentive are two very different things.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

Can you prove that those have been the same accounts? Can you prove that those people are actually AFK?

I agree. Good luck, though. Fight the good fight. I've had this argument before with Yggranya and it always circles around.

Ah, I thought Steve went everywhere. That makes sense then. They don't bother me either. In fact, if I'm dying, I try and get close to them for reinforcements.> @Randulf.7614 said:

@"Super Hayes.6890" said:You can afk farm in the lab? How do they afk survive Steve?

The Horror runs round the edge unless pulled to the centre. I guess these "afk farmers" hang out in the middle.

I just ignore them. No harm being done and it's not affecting me

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

So as i said, all these threads are redundant. I could repeat what i have said before but that would be, well, redundant. After all, if you are indifferent or participate in this kind of behaviour, what could i possibly say? I don't need to prove that going beyond human endurance and skipping sleeping permanently just to farm stuff seems unlikely. I don't need to stand there all day, every day to simply check if they are still there. Are they? Yes, they are, and they will be there until the servers get shut down.

@"kharmin.7683" said:I agree. Good luck, though. Fight the good fight. I've had this argument before with Yggranya and it always circles around.

Indeed it does, as all you people can say is "can you prove it?".

I saw a poor reaper doing this and someone did drag steve to him and killed all his minions and then him. Then players kept rezzing him as I did my kill grunts daily and he would die over and over obviously not there. The odd thing is he kept summoning a rock dog as a reaper and I legit had no idea a reaper could do that but he couldn't re summon his minions for the simple reason he wasn't there. No replys needed as I only watched and can't prove these simple obvious things to those who weren't there

@Jilora.9524 said:I saw a poor reaper doing this and someone did drag steve to him and killed all his minions and then him. Then players kept rezzing him as I did my kill grunts daily and he would die over and over obviously not there. The odd thing is he kept summoning a rock dog as a reaper and I legit had no idea a reaper could do that but he couldn't re summon his minions for the simple reason he wasn't there. No replys needed as I only watched and can't prove these simple obvious things to those who weren't there

Likely has the rune that spawns a rock dog when you are hit. It’s the 6th line. I think it’s the Ogre rune

@Yggranya.5201 said:

So as i said, all these threads are redundant. I could repeat what i have said before but that would be, well, redundant. After all, if you are indifferent or participate in this kind of behaviour, what could i possibly say? I don't need to prove that going beyond human endurance and skipping sleeping permanently just to farm stuff seems unlikely. I don't need to stand there all day, every day to simply check if they are still there. Are they? Yes, they are, and they will be there until the servers get shut down.

@"kharmin.7683" said:I agree. Good luck, though. Fight the good fight. I've had this argument before with Yggranya and it always circles around.

Indeed it does, as all you people can say is "can you prove it?".

Ya since you are sleeping they might be sleeping then as well.Maybe they need less sleep then you so you see them there everyday.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@Jilora.9524 said:I saw a poor reaper doing this and someone did drag steve to him and killed all his minions and then him. Then players kept rezzing him as I did my kill grunts daily and he would die over and over obviously not there. The odd thing is he kept summoning a rock dog as a reaper and I legit had no idea a reaper could do that but he couldn't re summon his minions for the simple reason he wasn't there. No replys needed as I only watched and can't prove these simple obvious things to those who weren't there

Likely has the rune that spawns a rock dog when you are hit. It’s the 6th line. I think it’s the Ogre rune

Yea it get spawned in combat and respawns every 60seconds if killed if I remember right.