[Suggestion] Bounties on Core maps

I like bounties system on PoF. I'm not a fan of it being dropped in the Icebrood Saga for strike missions. I'm generally not a fan of limited player content. I find open world events more engaging if the boss is challenging and rewarding enough to draw in players. It's fun to see the mass interaction of players in open world. I'd like to see bounty boards implemented on all core maps with ones on starter maps designed to help new players gets a better handle on open world cooperation. Existing champs could be upgraded and converted to bounties, new ones added and a legendary for each bounty board. Example: Put bounty boards on Frostgorge Sound at Slough of Despond Waypoint, Safewatch Vale and Skyheight Steading Waypoint. Convert the Champion Snow Troll and other champs to bounties, upgrade the Minotaur bull in the Trionic Lattice to champ Raging Bull bounty, add a champ arctodus and a legendary Icebrood on the Snow Climb. There are plenty of other areas on the map (and others) that would draw in players. A daily core bounty could be added to the daily rotation.

So the bandit champions somehow dont exist and matter now?

And after they took away most of the newbie map champions you want them to add champs back?

EditThere is a reason strikes are made since they can balance it against 10 people.there are very few open world bosses that cant just be zerged down

@Linken.6345 said:

There is a reason strikes are made since they can balance it against 10 people.there are very few open world bosses that cant just be zerged down

I find instanced content like Strike Missions, Dungeons, etc tends to make players more antagonistic towards others. If you zig when others want you to zag, you'll have everyone else in the instance freaking out. For me that isn't fun and distracts from the enjoyment of playing.

@Tekoneiric.6817 said:

There is a reason strikes are made since they can balance it against 10 people.there are very few open world bosses that cant just be zerged down

I find instanced content like Strike Missions, Dungeons, etc tends to make players more antagonistic towards others. If you zig when others want you to zag, you'll have everyone else in the instance freaking out. For me that isn't fun and distracts from the enjoyment of playing.

Oh you want uncoordinated stuff well world bosses and bounties sure is that.Big exceptions being tri wurm and drakkar i guess.

@Linken.6345 said:

Oh you want uncoordinated stuff well world bosses and bounties sure is that.Big exceptions being tri wurm and drakkar i guess.

I guess you can toss Teqautl in the mix too.Edit: The Claw is is just a Rinse and Repeat phase event.

@Loosmaster.8263 said:

I guess you can toss Teqautl in the mix too.Edit: The Claw is is just a Rinse and Repeat phase event.Teq is a weird spot because is complex fight but everyone knows how it goes which makes it easy, wish there was some Guild mission thing where people vote on, that bumps bosses to challenge mode for greater rewards. I think the best way to add challenge to open world is adding coordination and mechanics , which is the reason why HoT metas feel more challenging even though people are no really performing well but they are doing the little dance required to finish the quest.

@Vavume.8065 said:

@"Tekoneiric.6817" said:I'm generally not a fan of limited player content.

I'm generally not a fan of zerg player content.

On one extreme you have limited player content that requires you to follow an exact script, and if you don't you cause the whole party to fail, and therefore hate you; on the other extreme you have zerg content where nothing you do really matters, you can just press 1 and occasionally revive other players till everything is dead.

The thing I enjoy most in wvw is where you and a few other players run into a similar number of players from another team with both groups being made up of somewhat random classes so you have to play everything by ear. And I kinda like how if twenty opposing players suddenly appear and trounce me into oblivion I can just laugh, because there's no such thing as "fair" to get worked up about in such a random environment. It does give me a warm fuzzy feeling when a group of twenty you just ran into lets you run away, or, very rarely, downs you but doesn't kill you if you aren't somewhere threatening.

@blp.3489 said:

@"Tekoneiric.6817" said:I'm generally not a fan of limited player content.

I'm generally not a fan of zerg player content.

On one extreme you have limited player content that requires you to follow an exact script, and if you don't you cause the whole party to fail, and therefore hate you; on the other extreme you have zerg content where nothing you do really matters, you can just press 1 and occasionally revive other players till everything is dead.

The thing I enjoy most in wvw is where you and a few other players run into a similar number of players from another team with both groups being made up of somewhat random classes so you have to play everything by ear. And I kinda like how if twenty opposing players suddenly appear and trounce me into oblivion I can just laugh, because there's no such thing as "fair" to get worked up about in such a random environment. It does give me a warm fuzzy feeling when a group of twenty you just ran into lets you run away, or, very rarely, downs you but doesn't kill you if you aren't somewhere threatening.

I don't have a problem with WvW. If I had more time I'd play in there more often. I just wish WvW had a general refresh and more diverse maps. It'd be fun if it had better support for infiltrating enemy zones, maybe disguise tonics, training of guard animals to defend against infiltrators, etc.

As a mostly lone wolf player it's fun getting away from a group trying to take you down or getting in a one-on-one drawn out fight with another player. I was trying to take an elevated ruin once and an enemy player kept climbing the stairs but I kept blasting them off with the Rifle's overcharged shot and the flame thrower.