'

Veteran players had to pay $60, $60 and $30 for the game ($150 total, not counting gems), so despite how it may seem that returning players have it bad, they're still in a far better position than vets were cost-wise. Though I guess one could argue that since vets got all Living World episodes for free as they were released while new and returning players have to buy most or all of LW, it balances out.

Free transfers are given to Play4Free players when they purchase the game because Play4Free players are not allowed to transfer to another server at any time before purchase.
Paid accounts can transfer at no cost if they delete all characters.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Account#Characteristicshttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Account#Free_accounts

Not sure about server transfers.

I also came back recently and had to buy all the Living World Episodes. Although honestly I wish there was an option to just have it bundled with the expansion, I happily paid and think they were worth it. I'm also okay with the free if log-in model since this is basically a "loyalty program" for players that stick around a bit. I think it's actually nice of Anet to do that, since I think most companies would make people pay for DLC content.

@"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:Free transfers are given to Play4Free players when they purchase the game because Play4Free players are not allowed to transfer to another server at any time before purchase.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Account#Characteristicshttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Account#Free_accounts

so wait? are we allowed to transfer at any given time then?i mean i bought expansion not long ago on other account, if i wanted to transfer obviously i had to buy gems in order to do so.

what is the difference exactly?f2p logins > choose server > playscore game bought > login > choose server > play

so where is the difference beside that i (and others) bought the game not like we arent stuck on server :P

@"Blocki.4931" said:Wrong. You definitely get one free transfer with your expansion purchase. I know this, because I got two and I have created my first character shortly after the game was released. I paid the full 40 euros for the game back then.

wrong i never transfered, bought core few month after release, hot around release and bought pof sept last year and i am asked 1k gem for transfer:https://imgur.com/E2uXB3d

@dosui.3769 said:

@Fuchslein.8639 said:Why did you not agree on a server among your friends? You seem to have been aware that you wanted to play WVW at some point.

The returning players in our group are all on different servers. They chose their servers when they first launched the game ages ago before I had even known them. None of them have ever transferred servers. They were not prompted to select a new server when launching the game after 7 years of inactivity, nor did they receive free server transfers after buying the expansion pack. We agreed on a server, it's just that those of us who are new can transfer there for free, whereas those who are returning will have to pay despite never transferring in their life.

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:Free transfers are given to Play4Free players when they purchase the game because Play4Free players are not allowed to transfer to another server at any time before purchase.

I know who gets free transfers and who doesn't. What I'm asking is why play4free accounts get a free server transfer upon purchasing the expansion pack whereas paid accounts do not. The only fundamental difference between them is the time the account was created, so it makes 0 sense that older accounts don't get the same free server transfer upon buying the expansions.

Maybe write to the support?

@dosui.3769 said:

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:It's been answered repeatedly.

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:Every single account gets one 'free' choice of a server when they purchase the game.If you would prefer two, create a Play4Free account first, then transfer to another server when you upgrade it to a paid account.

No one gets a free transfer for buying an expansion on an existing paid account.

I know you're just trying be helpful but this is more of a feedback post. Like I said I'm not asking who gets what. I already know that. I'm also not expecting my friends to magically get gifted free server swaps. All I'm doing is questioning
why
existing paid accounts don't get free server swaps in the first place, and I'm suggesting that they should. It would make a lot more sense. It's not like there's a dedicated place for feedback so this seemed like the best place to suggest it.

@Fuchslein.8639 said:Maybe write to the support?

My friends already did just in case. As we expected nothing happened because old paid accounts not getting free server swaps is an intentional thing.

Uff... I would go there again and open another ticket. I have made the experience that different supporters make different decisions. In my eyes otherwise it is really unfair ...