Renegade is Horrible in Open World PVE

Lord Hizen.5918

I am a big fan of revenant and i really love how renegade spec works but the main reason that i dont like to use it is because Renegade : Heal, Utility and Elite can be CCed ( knockback, knockdown, Stunned, dazed and feared ).https://prnt.sc/vd9lfghttps://prnt.sc/vd9lnqand when they do after i summon them their duration will be before i get the benefits of using them beside wasting 30-50 energy :skull:almost 90% mobs of path of fire season 4, 5 they CC lock renegade skills so i hope the devs do something about this for new players and rev mains sake :(

Renegade with shortbow and vulnerabity spam is possibly the strongest and the cheesiest class in the game. I would say that only reaper and p/p deadaye are more forgiving, brainless and effective. But only by a small margin.

Use trailblazer variant of this one one and become a god:https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Renegade_-_Shortbow_Renegade

@"Lord Hizen.5918" said:I am a big fan of revenant and i really love how renegade spec works but the main reason that i dont like to use it is because Renegade : Heal, Utility and Elite can be CCed ( knockback, knockdown, Stunned, dazed and feared ).https://prnt.sc/vd9lfghttps://prnt.sc/vd9lnqand when they do after i summon them their duration will be before i get the benefits of using them beside wasting 30-50 energy :skull:almost 90% mobs of path of fire season 4, 5 they CC lock renegade skills so i hope the devs do something about this for new players and rev mains sake :(

I will just say I think renegade is amazing in OW or any pve for that matter. Its the best for many things. Renegade srance imo has a good heal. It is stationary to a location and has a cast time. That isnt unique. For instance, Ranger healing spring comes to mind. Also it heals allies, also renegade elite is also a group heal, also you can just f1 to change stance and use the OTHER heal, also you can use staff if you still want yet more heals.

So Im really having a hard time understanding why you feel renegade is horrible in EQ.

Condi or power renegade is pretty amazing! Try playing it a little more. If you still have a hard time or dont like it maybe try another class and come to renegade later. I really enjoy playing renegade in open world and also in Fractals. Rengade is one of the best class options according to MANY players.

@Rokeb.3815 said:I'm going to go out on a limb and say most of the people responding here have no idea who the original poster is...

To make a long story short.. he's mostly well known for soloing fractals and group events.

I am going to go on a limb and say that both you and the OP are hugely misinformed. Not that soloing things like fractals is a benchmark for anything. Still, renegade is pretty good at soloing most OW content. Power SB renegade is one of the strongest OW builds.

@"Lord Hizen.5918" said:I am a big fan of revenant and i really love how renegade spec works but the main reason that i dont like to use it is because Renegade : Heal, Utility and Elite can be CCed ( knockback, knockdown, Stunned, dazed and feared ).https://prnt.sc/vd9lfghttps://prnt.sc/vd9lnqand when they do after i summon them their duration will be before i get the benefits of using them beside wasting 30-50 energy :skull:almost 90% mobs of path of fire season 4, 5 they CC lock renegade skills so i hope the devs do something about this for new players and rev mains sake :(LOL....yes lets buff it.

@Rokeb.3815 said:I'm going to go out on a limb and say most of the people responding here have no idea who the original poster is...

To make a long story short.. he's mostly well known for soloing fractals and group events.

I have seen his CM100 fractal runs.But when his experiences with Renegade differs greatly to other Renegade players, either he's doing something really wrong, or we're doing something really right.

And this isn't Fractals, this is Open world, and in Open world settings, Renegade is one of the strongest self sufficient Professions out there.

I have to say i really hate playing renegade. I know its really op with the soulcleave, 10man-alac and 25might for 5 (+ rev aura), but i do really extremely hate playing renegade.

I dislike the way it feels when playing it. I dislike the trait choices and combinations. For me it feels completely wrong.... oh and i forgot it being soooooo slow without the perma-active annoying shiro sound

Renegade has no issues in Open World, even with full damage traits/Viper Gear. Sure, it's not going to tank shit like a Mallyx Trailblazer Herald and it doesn't have the Infuse Light Invuln, but I wouldn't expect it to given that it it's a different spec and also glassier and more offensive. And it's certainly more offensive. You can get far higher numbers by yourself with Renegade than you can with Herald solo, and that's just a fact.

Kalla also isn't an issue. If you give a half a second of thought to where you place your spirits they'll rarely become CC'd. Even if they do, it's not a major issue; you just lose some damage or healing, which is easily rectified through skillful play.

Lastly the game shouldn't be balanced around being able to be invincible and solo all things. If it was, then Herald would be one of the best classes in the game, which it obviously isn't.

@"WorldofBay.8160" said:many people here in the thread miss the point of the OP that was pretty bad worded: not renegade but kalla seems to be bad. honestly though kalla being bad isn't an issue at all since the core legends works nicely with both e-specs.

Well OP shouldn't have used such a bashable thread title then.Most people have a general feel for a thread based on the title, and OP decided to use a straight-to-the-point opinion on Renegade as his title.

It leads people to believe that OP is gonna straight up say Renegade is bad for OW, and in essence, he does mean it as evidenced with his issues with Renegade.

He should have put the title as "Kalla Summons need CC resistance/immunity" which is understandable because anyone who has played Renegade extensively has encountered this problem and this topic has been discussed before several times.

? renegade is always way better then most class/spec in open world, thanks to ranged aoes

also try legend swap, I know most people don't know this function, but there's a legend called jalis that you can swap to that is able to give stab to the spirits

lol I can solo all things that's soloable and I don't even play pve, I just play pvp for the most part.gw2 pve is easy as hell. really, he isn't well known for soloing stuff, he is well known, because his videos are well made and funny.

@"WorldofBay.8160" said:many people here in the thread miss the point of the OP that was pretty bad worded: not renegade but kalla seems to be bad. honestly though kalla being bad isn't an issue at all since the core legends works nicely with both e-specs.

I love Lord Hizen's stuff because most of it is based of how well he plays (this and other games) and how well reads the mechanics. I usually run either a power Herald or a condi Herald build based on the one He plays in fractals/bounties in every game mode (including PvP and sometimes roaming), for simple reasons: I don't like Kalla nor the short bow. Kalla uses summons and I don't like pet builds (never used spiritual weapons with my Guardian) and the short bow is a good example of how to not design a weapon capable in PvP )no mobility, no block, no evades, problems with targeting across the terrain... ). The nerfs in damage made Renegade variants temporally viable in PvP, but doesn't change that for me the Kalla + short bow feels atrocious in terms of gameplay.

Now, in open world Renegade can be strong and powerful; best build I saw about is probably this one:

...But still, even recognizing that against the A.I. the short bow works currently very well, I don't like this gameplay in the same way as I enjoy running a burn DH/FB or a torment based Herald buid.

Hopefully next spec will use some interesting skills as signets or meditations or physical or stances instead of convoluted things as summons or mantras.

@"Lord Hizen.5918" said:I am a big fan of revenant and i really love how renegade spec works but the main reason that i dont like to use it is because Renegade : Heal, Utility and Elite can be CCed ( knockback, knockdown, Stunned, dazed and feared ).https://prnt.sc/vd9lfghttps://prnt.sc/vd9lnqand when they do after i summon them their duration will be before i get the benefits of using them beside wasting 30-50 energy :skull:almost 90% mobs of path of fire season 4, 5 they CC lock renegade skills so i hope the devs do something about this for new players and rev mains sake :(

I play condi renegade and it works fine for me

I've run into this with Kalla and it does kinda suck. Especially on bosses with heavy CC where you have no choice but to place it at the boss. It could be argued that other classes can have similar issues with utilities that go on CD without benefit after CC. But Rev is a bit different insofar as you not only lose the skill benefit but also the energy lost now affects all your other potential next actions, so I can see an argument for them to not be subject to CC.

I find Renegade in open world PvE to be silly powerful.

As noted above only Reaper has been more 'cheese mode' - I can solo some of the temple chains in Orr on my Reaper and she doesn't even have anything but exotic gear...

Renegade - shortbow and maxe/axe. Swapping between Kala and Malyx - it's pretty absurd. Kala's elite makes me almost as immune to damage as Reaper's shroud mode... In fact I often also use it in fractals up through T3 in moments when we're taking too much damage and there's been a lot of group fail - it's a recovery trick to buy time while the group gets back on track - AND if I place it right I can heal my entire group back to full.

Spamming Bannish Enchantment and Embrace the Darkness can strip the CC bar of bosses off very fast if you have the right talents.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Hizen, its nice to see that you are doing videos again :) i remember that condi revenant you made before you took a break from the game.

Seeing as you are updating your build videos, and you seem to be having trouble with reve, you might want to check the Battle Scars trait line. it seems to be doing quite well with power builds. I been using this build for a week and it feels to me altmost as powerful and tanky as your one man army warrior build (when it came out). you might get some ideas from it for when the time to revisit revenant comes

@Kichwas.7152 said:I find Renegade in open world PvE to be silly powerful.

As noted above only Reaper has been more 'cheese mode' - I can solo some of the temple chains in Orr on my Reaper and she doesn't even have anything but exotic gear...

Renegade - shortbow and maxe/axe. Swapping between Kala and Malyx - it's pretty absurd. Kala's elite makes me almost as immune to damage as Reaper's shroud mode... In fact I often also use it in fractals up through T3 in moments when we're taking too much damage and there's been a lot of group fail - it's a recovery trick to buy time while the group gets back on track - AND if I place it right I can heal my entire group back to full.

Spamming Bannish Enchantment and Embrace the Darkness can strip the CC bar of bosses off very fast if you have the right talents.

I'm assuming you are running Runes of Torment?