Recommendation on a good WvW server for new player — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home WvW

Recommendation on a good WvW server for new player

I'm a relatively new-ish player but I've been running around in WvW and have really been enjoying joining zergs and running around solo.
I'm currently playing on Aurora Glade but I don't see too many active commanders online or know of guilds running WvW often.

Could anyone give me some recommendations regarding very active servers/ guilds to try and contact?
I'd like to play this game mode a lot and learn the ropes from people that know what they're doing.

:)

Comments

• Dayra.7405Dayra.7405 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 5, 2020

AG and it’s Link are already highest tier, you will hardly find more aktive Server in EU. (But activity changes every 2 month (Last friday of uneven month)when servers are relinked)

Try to look for a WvW-guild you can join and participate in their guild-raids, if you want to learn more. (WvW-Team chat in primetime or „looking for“ section of the forum)

• MysteryDude.1572MysteryDude.1572 Member ✭✭
    edited November 5, 2020

hi there ! i was previously on AG so ill try to help you
    AG is a good casual starting server and there are indeed guilds runing there
    the problem you have encoutered is that, in this matchup , you are facing a more competitive server with lots of veteran players in it (wsr)
    so thats why you hardly see pug commanders or pugs running around
    my advice is to look for a guild (there are plenty in aurora) just ask around
    and there are some few good roammers around as well
    after friday we will have relink and drop to tier 2 , so my quess is , you will see even more people and guilds running around
    and relink is around the corner , so you will have the exp to run with another server as well
    its not ususally this dead tbh ( wsr has more coverage)
    all you have to do is look around
    cheers ;D

• @SilverShadow.1679 said:
    I'm a relatively new-ish player but I've been running around in WvW and have really been enjoying joining zergs and running around solo.
    I'm currently playing on Aurora Glade but I don't see too many active commanders online or know of guilds running WvW often.

Could anyone give me some recommendations regarding very active servers/ guilds to try and contact?
    I'd like to play this game mode a lot and learn the ropes from people that know what they're doing.

:)

the reason u wont find much action on AG this week is bcs they are up against the most stacked bandwagonbonzaspecial server in EU. so people chill IRL abit.

• LetoII.3782LetoII.3782 Member ✭✭✭✭

When people would rather go outside than lose in a zero consequences game..

[HUNT] the predatory instinct

• Junkpile.7439Junkpile.7439 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 5, 2020

Weird that i was sure that we play in tier 6 or something. WvW skill level must be all time low if we are in tier 1. B)

Low quality trolling since launch
    Seafarer's Rest EotM Hero

• @LetoII.3782 said:
    When people would rather go outside than lose in a zero consequences game..

ikr real life hasn't been released in rightside wedgie land yet.

• 'I'd like to play this game mode alot and learn the ropes from people that know what they're doing' - U on AG mate only thing to learn is to leave the server. Go follow one of the amazing ros commanders youre linked with, go get on there discord ;-)

• what perish said, if u want to improve , you will need to leave ag , its extremely casual

• I think it is important to choose a server that is active during the times you play most (seems obvious in hindsight) . Tracking guild claims can be thought of as a proxy for activity.

https://sites.google.com/view/gw2-wvw-for-beginners/wvw-guild-claims has plots of guild claims versus time for each of the servers.
    It might help you with your search.

• @Pemberly.6305 said:
    I think it is important to choose a server that is active during the times you play most (seems obvious in hindsight) . Tracking guild claims can be thought of as a proxy for activity.

https://sites.google.com/view/gw2-wvw-for-beginners/wvw-guild-claims has plots of guild claims versus time for each of the servers.
    It might help you with your search.

Hey my guild is on top!

Also i don't think this is a good stat. The big fight guilds don't generally claim much, or guilds that run large groups in general since they will drain a camp supply regardless of how much max supply each person can take.

But yea, come to Eredon Terrace, we have cookies.