Can you please just release a balance patch and make some changes — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home PVP

Can you please just release a balance patch and make some changes

ProverbsofHell.2307ProverbsofHell.2307 Member ✭✭✭✭

We're BORED. We can't languish like this until End of Dragons. Honestly please push back the expansion and make a good balance patch first. Don't just let the game fester and ignore it whilst you power-develop the elite specs.

Right now, you have put every skills/balance dev to work on the new spec and left them with 20 minutes at the end of each two months to assemble a smattering of changes. Slow down the expansion and make sure a good patch or two gets out the door first.

Comments

• Khalisto.5780Khalisto.5780 Member ✭✭✭✭

ahaha, asking them to delay their pve wallet plans to do a balance patch, good joke

Yeah i'd love to see healbreaker losing at least 33% of his healing, trapper runes with and icd, extra nerfs to holo and renegade aoe spam tuned down

Maybe we get the first one this year, cuz you know, wars and eles can't shine

• As much as people complain about PVP and WVW I don't see a lot of longevity in just killing your fellow Tyrian. Just meh. Stand on a location and kill fellow Tyrian again....weeeeeee..... I have no doubt we got a WvW pve map and we will probly get a openish pvp-pve map.

• Kuma.1503Kuma.1503 Member ✭✭✭

@Khalisto.5780 said:
    ahaha, asking them to delay their pve wallet plans to do a balance patch, good joke

Yeah i'd love to see healbreaker losing at least 33% of his healing, trapper runes with and icd, extra nerfs to holo and renegade aoe spam tuned down

We've done it! We've come full circle.

People now want warrior nerfed.

Anything is possible.

• @Kuma.1503 said:

@Khalisto.5780 said:

Anything is possible.

lol What happened to "Warrior is the worst class" .?That build was possible to play in February.

• Tazer.2157Tazer.2157 Member ✭✭✭

LOL. > @Azreell.1568 said:

@ProverbsofHell.2307 said:
    We're BORED. We can't languish like this until End of Dragons. Honestly please push back the expansion and make a good balance patch first. Don't just let the game fester and ignore it whilst you power-develop the elite specs.

Right now, you have put every skills/balance dev to work on the new spec and left them with 20 minutes at the end of each two months to assemble a smattering of changes. Slow down the expansion and make sure a good patch or two gets out the door first.

Not that I don’t want improved balance but.....

You realize what you are asking is about as possible as world peace right?

First, This game mode even at its height was a small fraction of the overall gw2 player base.

PvE has always and will always be the primary supported mode for gw2.

For lack of better terms it creates revenue in various forms where pvp does not.

So you want them to slow down development of an x-pac which will make them tons of money to release a balance patch which will basically make them none.

Point blank every single one of us conquest players could quit playing today and quite frankly it would not have much of an impact on gw2 overall and tbh i would venture to bet the revenue loss would be almost non existent.

If you want competitive pvp this isn’t the game for you.

PvP players are nonetheless part of the player base. Creating PvP content such as new maps takes significantly less time than making PvE content. The current change of 9-10 changes since February is inexcusable. Literally put in one change a month and you would still have more than what we got. The PvP community have hosted their own tournament and given out rewards. If Anet thinks this community is not worth their time or effort, they are making a huge mistake. If PvPers see no future in this game, they will not be buying the xpac which means less money for Anet. I doubt this game can bring in new players if it cannot retain the ones playing it to begin with.

• they can push out some smaller patches, easy. question is why don't they?

Te lazla otstara.

• Trevor Boyer.6524Trevor Boyer.6524 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Azreell.1568 said:

What? lol. I do not believe that nerfing Renegade and Holosmith would be nearly as difficult as achieving world peace or summoning Jesus or finding Excalibur.

First, This game mode even at its height was a small fraction of the overall gw2 player base.

For lack of better terms it creates revenue in various forms where pvp does not.

I'm so tired of hearing that. It's 2020 and we have skill splits in pve/pvp now. Balance the game imo.

So you want them to slow down development of an x-pac which will make them tons of money to release a balance patch which will basically make them none.

Saying that is like looking to the left without ever noticing what's on the right. Likewise, if pvp balance & mechanics, as well as general development like new modes & maps had been paid attention to over the years, imagine the player base that may have come from that, or even the income of some special items that could have been purchase from the gem shop that were developed specifically for pvp.

Point blank every single one of us conquest players could quit playing today and quite frankly it would not have much of an impact on gw2 overall and tbh i would venture to bet the revenue loss would be almost non existent.

It was that same attitude for 5 or 6 years now, that drove all the player base away, which were players who were buying things in the gem shop, and who were also playing pve.

^ That is true unfortunately.

My Twitch.tv channel
    My YouTube channel

~ I left GW2 on 11/22/2020 due to widespread cheating and the lack of action to moderate it

@TeqkOneStylez.8047 said:

@Kuma.1503 said:

@Khalisto.5780 said:

Anything is possible.

lol What happened to "Warrior is the worst class" .?That build was possible to play in February.

tempest had tornado to offer every single team fight, plus better survivability overall with lower invul cds and more protection uptime

dps were also different, you had super busted condi herald and lightning rod weaver hitting like a truck

• Azreell.1568Azreell.1568 Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 5, 2020

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

@Azreell.1568 said:

What? lol. I do not believe that nerfing Renegade and Holosmith would be nearly as difficult as achieving world peace or summoning Jesus or finding Excalibur.

I'm so tired of hearing that. It's 2020 and we have skill splits in pve/pvp now. Balance the game imo.

Saying that is like looking to the left without ever noticing what's on the right. Likewise, if pvp balance & mechanics, as well as general development like new modes & maps had been paid attention to over the years, imagine the player base that may have come from that, or even the income of some special items that could have been purchase from the gem shop that were developed specifically for pvp.

It was that same attitude for 5 or 6 years now, that drove all the player base away, which were players who were buying things in the gem shop, and who were also playing pve.

^ That is true unfortunately.

The those are the only two lines that matter in the end.

What the small conquest player base wants can't be expected from this type of game.

• Leonidrex.5649Leonidrex.5649 Member ✭✭✭✭

@HotDelirium.7984 said:
    As much as people complain about PVP and WVW I don't see a lot of longevity in just killing your fellow Tyrian. Just meh. Stand on a location and kill fellow Tyrian again....weeeeeee..... I have no doubt we got a WvW pve map and we will probly get a openish pvp-pve map.

lol, you could describe anything like this.
    I dont see how people can just keep killing the same AI bot, again and again meeeh.
    you are cycling? I dont get it, I dont understand how you can just cycle around and around same roads all the time, meeh.
    you are swimming? I dont get it, just swiming from one end to the other for hours on end, how pointless meh.

• @Leonidrex.5649 said:

@HotDelirium.7984 said:
    As much as people complain about PVP and WVW I don't see a lot of longevity in just killing your fellow Tyrian. Just meh. Stand on a location and kill fellow Tyrian again....weeeeeee..... I have no doubt we got a WvW pve map and we will probly get a openish pvp-pve map.

I dont see how people can just keep killing the same AI bot, again and again meeeh.
    you are cycling? I dont get it, I dont understand how you can just cycle around and around same roads all the time, meeh.
    you are swimming? I dont get it, just swiming from one end to the other for hours on end, how pointless meh.

There is still more variety and potential in PVE in my conspiracy theory opinion allegedly.

@HotDelirium.7984 said:

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@HotDelirium.7984 said:

There is still more variety and potential in PVE in my conspiracy theory opinion allegedly.

Ofc there is, PVE is constantly developed, while pvp lays dead for years, if pvp was developed equally it would have more replayability but its water under the bridge now.

• Heal warrior has been the most cancer addition to this current meta. They require neither skill nor precision to play and offer nothing Creative except drawing out your fights and a resurrection mechanic that has no place in conquest

• @Leonidrex.5649 said:

@HotDelirium.7984 said:

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@HotDelirium.7984 said:

Ofc there is, PVE is constantly developed, while pvp lays dead for years, if pvp was developed equally it would have more replayability but its water under the bridge now.

Battle Royale!!!! Because we know how THAT ends up lol. But let me not be facetious- what else could they do in PVP that would magically make you love the game for years to come?

• Battle Royale!!!! Because we know how THAT ends up lol. But let me not be facetious- what else could they do in PVP that would magically make you love the game for years to come?

Nerf Renegade energy management and Holosmith Flashbang

Release an expansion with new specs

Add back in amulets/sigils/runes so we can get some diversity in build structure again

Run 1v1 season inside of 2v2 arenas, first to 3 wins, build swaps during each round work same as 2v2 and 3v3

Once again those are balance changes- they would need new modes i assume to draw people back to then be motivated enough to do even more balance changes.

@Quadox.7834 said:
    add balance patches to gem store

It seems like a great idea, till they release the patch

and "I don't believe I paid for this" is the first thing that comes to your mind

They should try a "community patch"

Something like

"We gathered all community insights about game balance, and we are allowed to change things in the list below. But of this 50 items we can only patch 20, and now you can vote for the ones you think are more impactful.

Community votes and make the most garbage patch of all times

• voltaicbore.8012voltaicbore.8012 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Khalisto.5780 said:

This is true, it would be the absolute worst patch ever. As for the OP, I can't possibly disagree more with the request. Something is not always better than nothing. In fact, in my line of work, the vast majority of the time the 'something' that people choose to do is 1000000% worse than nothing. Just ask mirages how the 'seomthings' they got turned out compared to nothing.

• Quadox.7834Quadox.7834 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 6, 2020

@voltaicbore.8012 said:

@Khalisto.5780 said:

This is true, it would be the absolute worst patch ever. As for the OP, I can't possibly disagree more with the request. Something is not always better than nothing. In fact, in my line of work, the vast majority of the time the 'something' that people choose to do is 1000000% worse than nothing. Just ask mirages how the 'seomthings' they got turned out compared to nothing.

actually condi mirage is way more fun now so it was a net improvement.

// Yanim

@voltaicbore.8012 said:

@Khalisto.5780 said:

its kitten but its fun kitten

• Renzo.8361Renzo.8361 Member ✭✭
    edited November 9, 2020

@HotDelirium.7984 said:

So you play like a bot?

Or maybe you aren't aware that daily farm servers don't really count?

• @Renzo.8361 said:

@HotDelirium.7984 said:

So you play like a bot?

the floor is open for your ground breaking inspirational ideas for PVP gameplay....

• Liewec.2896Liewec.2896 Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 9, 2020

anticipation for next balance patch:
    Shatterstone damage increased by 2.

edited November 10, 2020

@HotDelirium.7984 said:

@Renzo.8361 said:

@HotDelirium.7984 said:

So you play like a bot?

the floor is open for your ground breaking inspirational ideas for PVP gameplay....

If to you, the experience of simply fighting other players is just a sarcastic "weee..."and not an intrinsically engaging and fun activity no extra game modes or novel types of pvp will make pvp fun for you. Not to mention you saying "stand on a location and kill fellow tyrian again" as if thats some kind of bad pvp gameplay? What exactly do you think pvp is? You engage with a "fellow tyrian" and hopefully one of you dies. That's kind of the idea. Everything else is window dressing.

• Burnfall.9573Burnfall.9573 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 10, 2020

@Swagg.9236 said:
    GW2 patches are basically just that back-alley hit for a cheap high that will fade eventually. You'll never get anything satisfying since the core issues with the game are never addressed by the surface-level changes that comprise the bulk of every patch.

+1

very well said

'Situations that are present are there because you allow and tolerate them to continue'

• @Renzo.8361 said:

@HotDelirium.7984 said:

@Renzo.8361 said:

@HotDelirium.7984 said:

So you play like a bot?

If to you, the experience of simply fighting other players is just a sarcastic "weee..."and not an intrinsically engaging and fun activity no extra game modes or novel types of pvp will make pvp fun for you. Not to mention you saying "stand on a location and kill fellow tyrian again" as if thats some kind of bad pvp gameplay? What exactly do you think pvp is? You engage with a "fellow tyrian" and hopefully one of you dies. That's kind of the idea. Everything else is window dressing.

Clearly, Anet feels the same or you would be getting more substantial updates. You wanna come back to PVE? We'll take you back :3

edited November 10, 2020

@HotDelirium.7984 said:

@Renzo.8361 said:

@HotDelirium.7984 said:

@Renzo.8361 said:

@HotDelirium.7984 said:

So you play like a bot?

Clearly, Anet feels the same or you would be getting more substantial updates. You wanna come back to PVE? We'll take you back :3

This isn't anything new. It's obvious that whoever is in "charge" of pvp balance either doesn't understand the game mode/competitive gaming or they flat out don't care bc they know pve whales/casuals make them way more money for a fraction of the effort.

It's sad to see what they've done with such a potential-filled combat system.

• lare.5129lare.5129 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 10, 2020

We're BORED. We can't languish like this until End of Dragons.

me not bored. Why you think that EOD will chnge yours bored state?

Honestly please push back the expansion and make a good balance patch first.

why you think that balance will change yours "bored", and if it change the effect will be longer than one week ? And if it only for one week non bored that the reason do that??

Don't just let the game fester and ignore it whilst you power-develop the elite specs.

why you so sure that you will see new elite spec? I am not sure that hey come inside patch, opposite, may be they merge pof and hot, and left only 2 spec for class .. and for me new elite spec looks bored.

Right now, you have put every skills/balance dev to work on the new spec

why you thinks so? You manager and know how it works in anet now? Don't think so. So not me, not you don't know how it be. Some prediction from top gw2 stremers say that gw2 make direction to solo play game in story mode. So wait some balance or elite is not good choose may be.

want solid balance ? - play chess.

• lare.5129lare.5129 Member ✭✭✭✭

@DanAlcedo.3281 said:
    After Alliances and Legendary Armory.

by some streamers prediction Armory, jewecrafting 500 and other stuff will be included in EOD

want solid balance ? - play chess.

• noiwk.2760noiwk.2760 Member ✭✭✭

in my opinion Anet really should give some attention to pvp ... because the state of ranked pvp is just awful at the moment..
    balance is 1 issue.. honestly i dont think that the overall balance is "soo bad" but there are some issues that make it look bad.. Holo is unstoppable .. tuning holo down shouldnt be so hard.. stealth in my opinion need to get a drawback.. shadow art buffs were stupid in my opinion ...
    the game got too much CC for the amount of stability we can have after the 33% patch ... tempest can cc lock an entire team with his annoying auras..
    spell breaker sadly dropped into support because most of warrior skills are cc. and instead of removing some cc and keeping damage..
    Anet went with such a general barbaric idea "cc = 0 damage"
    spell breaker cc too much and cant damage / sustain enough.
    condi core necro.. this endless fear that even drain life.. he dont need to do anything to win 1v1.. just fear you and let you die from the fear damage .. if you use your stun break np.. spectral ring will do the job .

but to me.. the even bigger problem in ranked pvp.. is the stupid about of bots and hackers that doesnt even try to hide their actions anymore..
    bots / hacks are so public at the moment so ballzy i see people flying in the map teleport to change locations i saw hit box change hacks...
    when hits just pass through the animation without damaging.
    and bots? there are currently more bots than actual players in ranked pvp.. the ranked pvp sadly became a gold farm for bots.. Anet doesnt seem to even care about ranked pvp anymore.. everygame you may have like 3 bots in same team.. so obviously bots .. its already a lose . what prove me Anet doesnt care about ranked pvp.. is the fact that you will see the same bots over and over every day all day long.. they get countless of reports from everyone and yet noting is ever done.. they are never banned or stopped.. idk why most of them use Asura race with low lvl items weird names.. before bots werent as common as now.. and they would normally use a none elite class but a F2P tells me that maybe they feared bans.. today .. they are either Scourge /mirage mostly sometimes guardian aswell..
    its so frustrating.. so many people have walked away from ranked pvp.. the time to find team takes longer than the game its self.. often im waiting 7-10 mins to find a team.. and get into the game.. and then only to find only 1 of my team mates isnt a bot.. clearly as i said Anet can balance but they simply dont care about ranked pvp.. this game mode is just gonna die... right now people either use it to get the back pack or to farm gold.. most people who want to enjoy pvp already playing unranked..
    i really wish for a good balance patch but more than everything i wish Anet will replace the gold reward on ranked pvp.. to not encourage cheaters/bots.
    and a massive banning will be apprecaited !

• @Swagg.9236 said:
    GW2 patches are basically just that back-alley hit for a cheap high that will fade eventually. You'll never get anything satisfying since the core issues with the game are never addressed by the surface-level changes that comprise the bulk of every patch.

"C'mon, maaaan! scratches neck I just need ONE more nerf to teef, maaan! Look at me, I'm jonesing over here! Help me out!.... I'll suck your kitten...."

• Hadi.6025Hadi.6025 Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 13, 2020

This post gonna get infractured and removed. Anet Devs hate when you ask them for stuff pertaining to their game. They only want to hear about Gem store updates and stroke their ego about how good their Living story updates are. Make sure you buy their ugly Mount skins too, they love that. Especially when you only use like 2 mounts in open world.

When you're developers are incompetent and unable to communicate with their players it's time to let the game die. It's honestly why they had to delay steam release. God i can't wait until it do come on steam. That way they can't delete your comment or try to hide the fact they are doing a BAD JOB.

EVERYONE need to be FIRED.

P.S - bUT cOvID-NinNE tEeN !!!

Not the Leader of " I will make you [QQ] ", just some how a mascot who everyone loves to hate.

• @Hadi.6025 said:
    snips

i think cal was genuine when he said that but there is some internal force keeping him from doing his job. what ever that force is if indeed it exists (pretty sure it does) needs to be addressed before anything meaningful can happen.

Te lazla otstara.

• Highlie.7641Highlie.7641 Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 13, 2020

I'm not a marketing guy, but why would they want to release on steam before they released their expansion? they take like 30% of sales. that's probably the real reason it was pushed back. (and really can you blame them?)

• Marxx.5021Marxx.5021 Member ✭✭✭

@Hadi.6025 said:
    This post gonna get infractured and removed. Anet Devs hate when you ask them for stuff pertaining to their game. They only want to hear about Gem store updates and stroke their ego about how good their Living story updates are. Make sure you buy their ugly Mount skins too, they love that. Especially when you only use like 2 mounts in open world.

When you're developers are incompetent and unable to communicate with their players it's time to let the game die. It's honestly why they had to delay steam release. God i can't wait until it do come on steam. That way they can't delete your comment or try to hide the fact they are doing a BAD JOB.

EVERYONE need to be FIRED.

P.S - bUT cOvID-NinNE tEeN !!!

Well we all know anet likes to diss its player base when it comes to pvp :-).

• Excursion.9752Excursion.9752 Member ✭✭✭✭

@DanAlcedo.3281 said:
    After Alliances and Legendary Armory.

So basically what your saying is never :tired_face:

There is a 50% chance you will not agree with me and a 50% chance I will not agree with you

• noiwk.2760noiwk.2760 Member ✭✭✭

lets face it guys.. the sad truth.. Anet doesnt give a kitten about pvp.. its so obvious the only thing that can be more clear about it is that they make a big post of
    "we dont care about you pvp players go play another mode/game"

if they cared even alittle ranked PVP wouldnt be 95% bots 5% players. doing daily 3 games with 2 games 3 bots in my team and 1 game with 2 bots and 1 afk because we had bots.. almost makes me just rage quit .. and then balance.. no matter how we turn it.. the truth is.. Anet simply dont care about pvp and if they wanted to fix this they would've because this game is 1 of the easiest games to balance.. the issues are so obvious.. we all know what need to be done.. and so does Anet they read these posts every day and yet nothing is done about balance or about hackers/bots

@Highlie.7641 said:
    I'm not a marketing guy, but why would they want to release on steam before they released their expansion? they take like 30% of sales. that's probably the real reason it was pushed back. (and really can you blame them?)

I think it was mainly pushed back due to WoW expansion release. Plus they're trying to hold off to make End of Dragons a big release. That's what i'm guessing. Only expansion i liked was HoT and even that was a buggy , balance trash of a mess, but at least it was fun. We waited like 3 years to hear something and LS was taking forever.

Not the Leader of " I will make you [QQ] ", just some how a mascot who everyone loves to hate.

• Adamixos.6785Adamixos.6785 Member ✭✭
    edited November 14, 2020

There is supposed to be a balance patch every quarter. They not only failed to uphold their promise of regular 4-6 week updates, but we haven't heard anything pertaining to balance in over months. Now I understand developing an expansion and a living world release while a pandemic is wrecking the world is not an easy task, but at least give us a memo on why things have slowed down, or if there are any plans at all.

I am still here hoping for the return of CC damage, but I stopped expecting it long ago.

@Adamixos.6785 said:
    There is supposed to be a balance patch every quarter. They not only failed to uphold their promise of regular 4-6 week updates, but we haven't heard anything pertaining to balance in over months. Now I understand developing an expansion and a living world release while a pandemic is wrecking the world is not an easy task, but at least give us a memo on why things have slowed down, or if there are any plans at all.

I am still here hoping for the return of CC damage, but I stopped expecting it long ago.

What you mean? you don't like hitting 1 damage on Prime Light beam on an Elite skill on Holo? Or 2 damage on Headbutt with Warrior? When the skill says 50% more damage if target has stab? You mean to tell me you dont like those changes!!!? They're absolutely game changing ! WOO Go ANET!