Whatever elite spec Guardian gets next, I hope it has good access to swiftness

mrauls.6519

@Pockethole.5031 said:You get 25% movement speed with Dragon Hunter trait Soaring Devastation. If that's not good enough for you, and won't take Retreat either, you're just complaining for the sake of complaining.

That covers some Dragon Hunter builds. Maybe 10% to 15% of the whole spectrum of builds that a Guardian can use, counting core and specs, and exactly a 0% of what is available to both core Guardian and Firebrand. Guardiand had to deal with two weakness for ever: low base HP which forces to discard berserker and viper/griever stats in competitive modes and reduced base mobility which oftenly forces to discard the strongest runes in terms of stats in pursuit of not moving at 80% of the pace that most of other classes are capable by design. I agree with Mes since most of the time I play Guardian I run either traveller or fireworks runes due base speed is just annoying.

@Buran.3796 said:

@"Pockethole.5031" said:You get 25% movement speed with Dragon Hunter trait Soaring Devastation. If that's not good enough for you, and won't take Retreat either, you're just complaining for the sake of complaining.

That covers
some
Dragon Hunter builds. Maybe 10% to 15% of the whole spectrum of builds that a Guardian can use, counting core and specs, and exactly a 0% of what is available to both core Guardian and Firebrand. Guardiand had to deal with two weakness for ever: low base HP which forces to discard berserker and viper/griever stats in competitive modes and reduced base mobility which oftenly forces to discard the strongest runes in terms of stats in pursuit of not moving at 80% of the pace that most of other classes are capable by design. I agree with Mes since most of the time I play Guardian I run either traveller or fireworks runes due base speed is just annoying.One single trait doesn't fuck the whole build. Come on. If someone wants speed badly enough to make the one trait sacrifice, what's the big deal? 0.0008% dps loss? In that same line with 25% trait, "Cripple enemies that you disable" and "Traps gain reduced recharge and slow enemies" seems pretty minimal sacrifice to me. But I agree that Core and FB are missing out.

@Pockethole.5031 said:

@Pockethole.5031 said:You get 25% movement speed with Dragon Hunter trait Soaring Devastation. If that's not good enough for you, and won't take Retreat either, you're just complaining for the sake of complaining.

That covers
some
Dragon Hunter builds. Maybe 10% to 15% of the whole spectrum of builds that a Guardian can use, counting core and specs, and exactly a 0% of what is available to both core Guardian and Firebrand. Guardiand had to deal with two weakness for ever: low base HP which forces to discard berserker and viper/griever stats in competitive modes and reduced base mobility which oftenly forces to discard the strongest runes in terms of stats in pursuit of not moving at 80% of the pace that most of other classes are capable by design. I agree with Mes since most of the time I play Guardian I run either traveller or fireworks runes due base speed is just annoying.One single trait doesn't kitten the whole build. Come on. If someone wants speed badly enough to make the one trait sacrifice, what's the big deal? 0.0008% dps loss? In that same line with 25% trait, "Cripple enemies that you disable" and "Traps gain reduced recharge and slow enemies" seems pretty minimal sacrifice to me. But I agree that Core and FB are missing out.

It also only applies while F2 is not on cooldown. Which given that F2 is one of DH's key sustain tools, covering condi-cleanse, mobility and healing, means you probably won't have more than 20% uptime on the trait, since you'll want to be using F2 frequently for sustain.

That trait is in no way an answer for guardian mobility.

Retreat is also garbage. You're giving up an entire utility JUST for swiftness, and it doesn't even provide 100% uptime. No the single aegis does not compensate, not in PvP where the healing from Pure of Heart has been nerfed into irrelevance.

• 2 weeks later...

@otto.5684 said:

@"MatyrGustav.6210" said:I want a Summoner spec with a Horn for Guardian. Could have Swiftness with a Horn skill

That would suck and probably not PvP viable.

Depending on how it's added.

I envision horn being a main hand Offensive weapon that can summon Holy Javelins to send at your target, you can call the spec Paragon. For the utility skills we could get Musical Ballads / Anthems. One of the new "Virtues" could summon a holy spear from the sky that causes bleeding & prevents movement. One could summon a small angelic being for aid (a light elemental?) The third could infuse light in an area providing boons for those you stand in it.

I mean it depends on how you look at it. :)

@Bailios.7518 said:I hope we get the opposite. Perma pulsing AoE slow and a teleport that doesn't need a target.

I'm thinking you mean pulsing Cripple?

Also, I feel sad about Swiftness in general. What happened that Superspeed because a thing and almost made it worthless? Why not just buff Swiftness, or make a special trait for a buff to swiftness for a certain specialization.