I wish some major destruction would happen to Tyria

mrauls.6519

Not I, hated when they ruined old world in WoW with cataclysm. I don't like when the world is changed permanently , but temporary is ok, though it seems like a ton of dev work for no great payoff. I mean years later the world is still trashed by deathwing , just makes no sense and the devs have to fix it back or redesign it all over again. or in WoW's case just leave it there forever and just say screw it the world is ruined now, enjoy :) kek.

@Rukia.4802 said:Not I, hated when they ruined old world in WoW with cataclysm. I don't like when the world is changed permanently , but temporary is ok, though it seems like a ton of dev work for no great payoff. I mean years later the world is still trashed by deathwing , just makes no sense and the devs have to fix it back or redesign it all over again. or in WoW's case just leave it there forever and just say screw it the world is ruined now, enjoy :) kek.

Agreed. I hated that expansion.

@Excursion.9752 said:

@mes.4607 said:I loved when LA was destroyed. I wish there was a looming sense of doom throughout Tyria. Things feel a tad too peaceful!Be careful what you wish for. We may get something worse than a little mermaid theme map revamp.

This.I could get behind the idea of some sort of destructive cataclysm, but don't have much confidence that I would like the rebuild.

No worries, rata sum will be blown up with primordius, or maybe it's the pale tree that will burn? Who knows. "War flashbacks -seeing the horrible lobster arch"Be careful asura, don't let bookahs works in your city as re-builders.

Nah, I'm confident into the golemics divisions and the valiants to strike back.

2030: all racial cities are now sea land amusement parks.

-Primordy, you arrive in gandarran, you aren't far from the real target, it's a city... with.. uhhh. A giant stingray. A lobster. A sea star, a squid and giant jellyfish structure. I know you hate everything related to water, here is a hint.Please, I still worship you!

But as I read above, I would like primordy to scar the maps, and make big volcanic faults. Not just little erupting nodules. And pushing a small redesigning of the map: new bridges and outposts featering the new assets developped those two last year. We got ton of new asuran assets with ls4 as example.

Any time they blow up old stuff, the result is a discrepancy between the actual state of the world and the content in the original story new players get from 1-80. It made some parts of that story rather confusing. So, doing that again will likely mean alienating new players more.

@deatine.2498 said:Any time they blow up old stuff, the result is a discrepancy between the actual state of the world and the content in the original story new players get from 1-80. It made some parts of that story rather confusing. So, doing that again will likely mean alienating new players more.

Not to mention that when they do blow up stuff, they move on from that zone and it never gets fixed. Basically the entire world would eventually end up being a mess eventually, with nobody ever fixing anything. Because that wouldn't be actual content.

But this time it will be different, in the stream they said it's new replayable missions, so players will still experience the peaceful metrica province, brisban wildlands and gandarran field; and the destroyer apocalypse version in story instances. One thing difer: assets used.