How to Find Story Instances

ksgates.3509

Is there an easy way to find older story instances? I am trying to do some achievements and that means opening up some older story instances and redoing them. But I cannot find some of these older story instances. For example the achievement, "Maintain Aurene's Shield", tells me to complete the "Dragon Vigil" story instance with out be defeated. Where do I find the Dragon Vigil story instance. I have looked thru the Story Journal, but there is way too much to look thru. Is there a search engine to find it easier? Am I missing something? Need help please!

Maintain Aurene's Shield is in the Rising Flames achievement category, that means it's an achievement for that episode. So you go to the story journal and look for Rising Flames. The achievement categories are in order of release, so you can see where Rising Flames will be in the list. Once you've found Rising Flames click on it, then scroll down the summary until you see Dragon Vigil and (if you've completed it before) there will be a button to let you start it again.

Sometimes - if that step has more than one instance - this will add multiple stars to your map. The green one will be for doing the story in order, then there's purple ones for going straight to a specific instance. If you just want to do achievements those are the ones to use, so you only have to reply the bit you actually want to do.

Here is another example. The achievement "Mote Master" says it's located in the story Instance: "World Summit", which is part of The Dragon's Reach, Part 2. How does someone easily find out where the "World Summit" story line is? The only way that I know of, is to go thru each and every story line until its found. My question is, is there any easier way to find these things? Or am I missing something here?

Thank you everyone for your inputs, they do help.

Thank you, but I wasn't asking where Tarir is. I am asking how to easily find certain story lines, that give achievements. Here is my example: "Maintain Aurene's Shield", tells me to complete the "Dragon Vigil" story instance. How do I easily find the Dragon Vigil story instance so I can redo this story line for the achievement. This example was already answered but not all achievements with story lines are this easy. I hope this makes sense.

@"ksgates.3509" said:Here is another example. The achievement "Mote Master" says it's located in the story Instance: "World Summit", which is part of The Dragon's Reach, Part 2. How does someone easily find out where the "World Summit" story line is? The only way that I know of, is to go thru each and every story line until its found. My question is, is there any easier way to find these things? Or am I missing something here?

Thank you everyone for your inputs, they do help.

You don't need to find World Summit, because you already know it's part of Dragon's Reach, Part 2, you just need to find that episode.

Story achievement categories are listed in release order, with the most recent at the top of the list. It's the same for the story journal, except that the most recent release is at the bottom. The Dragon's Reach Part 2 achievement category is below Heart of Thorns in the list, that means it was released before Heart of Thorns. So you go to your story journal and look for releases before Heart of Thorns. There's 3 of those, but since the Personal Story and Scarlet's War don't have achievement categories you don't need to check them, so open Living World Season 2, and you'll see Dragon's Reach, Part 2 in the list. If you want extra confirmation you can scroll to the bottom of the description to see that World Summit is the last instance in the episode.

It's the same with any episode.

• If it's before HoT it's Season 2.
  • If it's between HoT and PoF it's Season 3
  • If it's after PoF and before Prologue: Bound by Blood then it's Season 4
  • If it's after Prologue: Bound by Blood (or that episode) then it's Icebrood Saga

Finally, if you haven't yet gotten all the mastery points (and you're not colour blind) you can use those to work it out. Red mastery points come from Season 2 achievements, green from HoT and Season 3, purple from PoF and Season 4 and blue ones from Icebrood Saga.