1vs1 Mini season

Make next mininseason please a 1vs1 mini season.

Choose as map auric span, it has a lot of kiting, for example a ranger pet has not the chance even to hit you because there is enough kiting left.Also the map has right from the start a big Los, so you can't get hit directly from range attacks, you can make some plays with stealth or maybe even trick your opponent, while on the hall and the Arena you always see your opponent directly and know what they might could do.In the end the has a middle space to fight so you are not forced to stand in big aoe fields like in the halls where a scourge or a renegade can pump you up with aoes where you can't really escape, not has it such a big kitting possibility like the Arena has where you can run in a 1vs1 away for ever.

The big conclusion is: many people asked already in the game or on discord or in the forum for a 1vs1 season, yeah it would be maybe dominated by 1 or 2 classes at the end of the leaderbords, but in 1vs1 is always the mechanical skill a bigger factor than in 2vs2 or 3vs3 where scourge, renegod and healbreaker wars are clearly dominant

@Avatar.3568 said:

@Megametzler.5729 said:You want to have games even more purely decided by builds and classes and not by skill? :astonished:

Well, why not though? As long as it is just a mini season, I am in for almost any variation. I don't have to play it after all.^^

So 3 scourge are pure skill?

No deathmatch is pure skill, I thought everybody knew that by now. :wink:

@lare.5129 said:I think better do 2 vs 3. If you byu some gem pass for 1000+ gems you do it in 3, if not - you have 2 members in team. I think it can be fun.

Dude, I know you can not really understand as Pve focused player that people like to have some competition, but many good players do often nothing else than 1vs1ing the whole Day to get better.To have a leaderbord and some kind of competition in it would be realy sweet.

@Megametzler.5729 said:You want to have games even more purely decided by builds and classes and not by skill? :astonished:

Well, why not though? As long as it is just a mini season, I am in for almost any variation. I don't have to play it after all.^^

It wouldn't be. I've explained this several times in other threads about 1v1s. The matches in 2v2 arenas would obviously be first to 3 wins, which means players could swap their builds in between each round. Every class has the capability to swap setups to engage different kinds of builds. Example would be a thief with his tabs setup for: DP daredevil, SD Core, PD Core, Staff Daredevil, Rifle DE. The difference in what those builds are individually good at or weak against, is large.

In other words, in 1v1s being hosted in 2v2 arenas, you're not gonna end up with situations where a DP Thief loads in vs. DH and it's gg loss. the DP Thief can swap and play weird games with the DH each round to find a counter. If the DP or DH doesn't play the swap game, that's their own fault for either not doing it or not being able to do it. The 1v1s SHOULD work this way, as it rewards players who know a class up and down rather than just one build, as well as knowing the meta up and down, and having the wisdom to reconfigure to engage it.

The 1v1s for that reason would very seriously greatly reflect player skill level vs. player skill level, combat mechanically, in ways that no other mode has been able to do. It would end up being quite the opposite of what you are worried about.

@Kachros.4751 said:While this does actually have the same idea as 2v2/3v3 and its mainly about the build i believe it would actually rely a bit heavier on skill compared to the 2v2/3v3. I've wanted something like this for a while so would be a nice idea.

It would be all about skill.

@Quadox.7834 said:ofc it would be about build but that's the interesting part, to see what builds prevail etc

More than likely the classes that would end up being the best in 1v1 in the 2s arena, would be the classes that are the most versatile, that are able to best adapt and swap to engage many types of builds. We'd probably be looking at these as the best 1v1ers:

• Warrior
  • Engineer
  • Ranger
  • Thief
  • Mesmer

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

@"Megametzler.5729" said:You want to have games even more purely decided by builds and classes and not by skill? :astonished:

It wouldn't be. I've explained this several times in other threads about 1v1s. The matches in 2v2 arenas would obviously be first to 3 wins, which means players could swap their builds in between each round. Every class has the capability to swap setups to engage different kinds of builds. Example would be a thief with his tabs setup for: DP daredevil, SD Core, PD Core, Staff Daredevil, Rifle DE. The difference in what those builds are individually good at or weak against, is large.

In other words, in 1v1s being hosted in 2v2 arenas, you're not gonna end up with situations where a DP Thief loads in vs. DH and it's gg loss. the DP Thief can swap and play weird games with the DH each round to find a counter. If the DP or DH doesn't play the swap game, that's their own fault for either not doing it or not being able to do it. The 1v1s SHOULD work this way, as it rewards players who know a class up and down rather than just one build, as well as knowing the meta up and down, and having the wisdom to reconfigure to engage it.

The 1v1s for that reason would very seriously greatly reflect player skill level vs. player skill level, combat mechanically, in ways that no other mode has been able to do. It would end up being quite the opposite of what you are worried about.(...)

Explain it several more times then, doesn't make it true. Fact is: Both players can adjust builds in between games. So when the thief goes for some counter against the guard, the guard can adjust the build for the next game. And then the thief can. You can play a gazillion mind games ("I am not adjusting my build or preparing for a counter to my counter"), but in the end, it all comes down to builds winning and better mind games or simply luck, which build you and your opponent chooses.

You explained this as well. Nothing in your explanation points towards mechanical skill, only buildcrafting and mindgames between the games.

For example: Rev versus guard.First game: Power rev versus power DH. Power rev wins.Second game: Power rev versus burn guard. Burn guard wins.Third game: Does the rev switch to condi mallyx with resistance, hoping for burn guard again? What if guard expects this and goes power again, wasting all the cleanses rev specs for?

@Megametzler.5729 said:

The 1v1s for that reason would very seriously greatly reflect player skill level vs. player skill level, combat mechanically, in ways that no other mode has been able to do. It would end up being quite the opposite of what you are worried about.(...)

but in the end, it all comes down to builds winning and better mind games or simply luck, which build you and your opponent chooses.

But with no swapping at all like some of you suggest, it ONLY boils down to luck with what you load in as, which is much less competitive.

With swapping in between rounds, may the smarter person win, and that's the way it should be.

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

but in the end, it all comes down to builds winning and better mind games or simply luck, which build you and your opponent chooses.

But with no swapping at all like some of you suggest, it ONLY boils down to luck with what you load in as, which is much less competitive.

With swapping in between rounds, may the smarter person win, and that's the way it should be.

To me, this is the definition of the more luckier person winning, but okay...

Well, I would still like Anet to give it a try. I don't have to play it. Be it a mini season or a permanent seperate Q. Anything is better than nothing happening, 1on1, Stronghold, no downed state, anything if we don't get a shake up of the meta.