GW2 White Title Bars Potentially Damaging

I use an OLED monitor so I am sensitive to the possibility of burn in. I've been able to use Windows to configure title bar color of all the apps I use except GW2. It stubbornly stays bright white when the application is backgrounded.

Is there anything I can use to override this potentially damaging behavior?

... if you are sensitive to the possibility of a burn in, you shouldnt have gotten an oled monitor. Sorry but that's just the simple truth about oleds today. They are still not fully mature IMO (not to mention expensive as heck).

Anyway, dont they have built in tools for avoiding burn in? Like pixel shift or pixel refresh etc.

GW2 will use whatever your Windows theme is set to. Assuming Windows 10, you need to enable showing the accent color on title bars under personalization > colors. To specifically change the inactive color, you need to edit the registry.

You can save this as whatever.reg and run it or open regedit to manually change it:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\DWM]"AccentColor"=dword:ff000000"AccentColorInactive"=dword:ff000000

This changes the active and inactive color to black. If you want to change the color, note the format is AABBGGRR (alpha, blue, green, red) instead of the usual (AA)RRGGBB.

@Dawdler.8521 said:... if you are sensitive to the possibility of a burn in, you shouldnt have gotten an oled monitor. Sorry but that's just the simple truth about oleds today. They are still not fully mature IMO (not to mention expensive as heck).

Anyway, dont they have built in tools for avoiding burn in? Like pixel shift or pixel refresh etc.

Uh no. There are are plenty of people who have manage to run OLEDs for monitors. Take precautions and you can make it work, and the result is superb image quality.

@"Healix.5819" said:GW2 will use whatever your Windows theme is set to. Assuming Windows 10, you need to enable showing the accent color on title bars under personalization > colors. To specifically change the inactive color, you need to edit the registry.

You can save this as whatever.reg and run it or open regedit to manually change it:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\DWM]"AccentColor"=dword:ff000000"AccentColorInactive"=dword:ff000000

This changes the active and inactive color to black. If you want to change the color, note the format is AABBGGRR (alpha, blue, green, red) instead of the usual (AA)RRGGBB.

The problem is the current windows patch level seems to be missing this registry key so that personalization > colors only gives you the default white.

However the addition of the registry key you described fixes it! Thanks alot!