Condition Fire Weaver Stats? So Confused

FattyLumpkin.3420

@FattyLumpkin.3420 said:I'm at a loss on what ascended armor set to make for a Weaver (Fire Condi). As I read guides people are using a variety of stats like Marshal, Viper and Seraph. And more. Can someone provide me with some advice or direction in this?Thanks in advance...

in pvp you can use any armor. pvp takes your stats from pvp amulet that you have on. armor can be white or legendary, makes no difference

My suggested Fire Weaver Build for PvP -

Amulet: SageRune: Balthazar / LeadershipWeapons: Sword | FocusSigils: Energy | X (I like to use battle)

Sage is chosen over Carrion because Weaver gets a good value out of healing power.Balthazar is a standard choice for burn builds. Increases burn damage and grants some extra vitality. Due to the condition duration nerf, some people opt for leadership instead. You sacrifice some damage for additional cleanse.

Build: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PGgAw2lZwiYXsRmJOSXbvdA-z5YfGZqA6VC4xB

Alternate Build -

Amulet: RabidRune: UndeadWeapons: Sword | FocusSigils: Energy | Cleansing

For this build you run Earth / Arcane instead of Fire / Arcane. It abuses the synergy between rabid amulet, undead rune, and strength of stone for massive condition output while being deceptively tanky. It counters power based classes, but can struggle vs conditions.

Overall, a good build if new to weaver. It was designed to beat the infamous grenade holo, but can also do well into Reaper, power rev, ect.

Build: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PGgAw2lZwiYSsHmJeuWbvfA-zZwKjMLgeTA9GA

@FattyLumpkin.3420 said:I'm at a loss on what ascended armor set to make for a Weaver (Fire Condi). As I read guides people are using a variety of stats like Marshal, Viper and Seraph. And more. Can someone provide me with some advice or direction in this?Thanks in advance...

Fire weaver ( ele in general outside the overplayed Tempest ) is below average with possibly the sole exception of PvE where the vast majority of nerfs have not been applied and that's where I hope you're planning to use Fire Weaver in which case yes, a combination of Viper-Marshal and Seraph will work....if you're experienced with ele, otherwise for a beginner I suggest a mix of settler/trailblazer

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

in pvp you can use any armor. pvp takes your stats from pvp amulet that you have on. armor can be white or legendary, makes no difference

Um, what!? Shows what I know. I had NO idea this was the case but it explains why I have not seen armor in build examples. Wow, mind blown. At first blush, the good amulets seem to be legendary and very difficult to get. I probably won't have the time to work on these until I get the fractal backpack, which would be my first legendary. Anyway, thanks for the info!

@"Kuma.1503" said:My suggested Fire Weaver Build for PvP -

Amulet: SageRune: Balthazar / LeadershipWeapons: Sword | FocusSigils: Energy | X (I like to use battle)

Sage is chosen over Carrion because Weaver gets a good value out of healing power.Balthazar is a standard choice for burn builds. Increases burn damage and grants some extra vitality. Due to the condition duration nerf, some people opt for leadership instead. You sacrifice some damage for additional cleanse.

Build: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PGgAw2lZwiYXsRmJOSXbvdA-z5YfGZqA6VC4xB

Alternate Build -

Amulet: RabidRune: UndeadWeapons: Sword | FocusSigils: Energy | Cleansing

For this build you run Earth / Arcane instead of Fire / Arcane. It abuses the synergy between rabid amulet, undead rune, and strength of stone for massive condition output while being deceptively tanky. It counters power based classes, but can struggle vs conditions.

Overall, a good build if new to weaver. It was designed to beat the infamous grenade holo, but can also do well into Reaper, power rev, ect.

Build: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PGgAw2lZwiYSsHmJeuWbvfA-zZwKjMLgeTA9GA

Okay, this is a ton of good information. Thank you, especially for the build info! The hard part for me now is making a decision between all those stat types.@Arheundel.6451 said:

Fire weaver ( ele in general outside the overplayed Tempest ) is below average with possibly the sole exception of PvE where the vast majority of nerfs have not been applied and that's where I hope you're planning to use Fire Weaver in which case yes, a combination of Viper-Marshal and Seraph will work....if you're experienced with ele, otherwise for a beginner I suggest a mix of settler/trailblazerNooooo! I really wanted to focus on a fire-type build. I suppose, like you said, that will still be okay in PvE. I don't do a lot of PvP but would like to do more. I am NOT experienced with the ele so you're saying to focus on settler/trailblazer? I'll check them out.

Thanks again, everyone. I really appreciate the help.

While for PVP (fire) weaver is subpar, it is perfctly possible to play in PVE. Open world, fractals... check out the ele forum here: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/categories/elementalist

Or, doing some advertisements on a fun player posted by a very enthusiastic fire weaver player: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/107218/open-world-domination-fire-weaver#latest

Generally: Yeah, you can jump into PVP anytime, no need to craft anything or unlock or whatever. :smile: For PVE, check out the forum section, depending on your abilities to keep yourself alive (and what exactly you want to play), trailblazer, viper, berserker are all viable here and there.

@"FattyLumpkin.3420" said:Um, what!? Shows what I know. I had NO idea this was the case but it explains why I have not seen armor in build examples. Wow, mind blown. At first blush, the good amulets seem to be legendary and very difficult to get. I probably won't have the time to work on these until I get the fractal backpack, which would be my first legendary. Anyway, thanks for the info!

ok. seems you are confused my dude

when people talk about a PvP amulet, they don't mean the item you put in your amulet accessory slot. they mean the amulet you select on the PvP build panel (accessed with the little icon by your helmet in the hero panel), they are UI elements and not actual items with rare, exotic, legendary etc.

PvP requires no level or actual gear equipped. you can be level 2 in starter gear, and be as powerful as a level 80 of you run the same PvP build.

so no need to get legendary amulets, you are just confused and the people in this thread have done a bad job explaining this to you.

this video guide goes over making a PvP build if you need something visual too.

Thanks, Mega! I'll stop by the forums! > @choovanski.5462 said:

@"FattyLumpkin.3420" said:Um, what!? Shows what I know. I had NO idea this was the case but it explains why I have not seen armor in build examples. Wow, mind blown. At first blush, the good amulets seem to be legendary and very difficult to get. I probably won't have the time to work on these until I get the fractal backpack, which would be my first legendary. Anyway, thanks for the info!

ok. seems you are confused my dude

when people talk about a PvP amulet, they don't mean the item you put in your amulet accessory slot. they mean the amulet you select on the PvP build panel (accessed with the little icon by your helmet in the hero panel), they are UI elements and not actual items with rare, exotic, legendary etc.

PvP requires no level or actual gear equipped. you can be level 2 in starter gear, and be as powerful as a level 80 of you run the same PvP build.

so no need to get legendary amulets, you are just confused and the people in this thread have done a bad job explaining this to you.

this video guide goes over making a PvP build if you need something visual too.

OMG that helps so much. Um, I have never used the PvP panel. Thank you!