Anyone else see how broken mirage is?

Ovark.2514

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@"Ovark.2514" said:You need to be basically invuln and have perma stab in order to not die to their constant ridiculous burst (that never ends)

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Infinite_Horizon

This has been the main and only source of problems with Mirage, Anet and the community are well aware of it; condi mirage became impossible to deal with because of this trait and the hidden power variant you meet is based around the same problematic trait. Luckily the build still seems to require a certain degree of skill to succeed with, so no many cannot pull it off...yet.

I am expecting Mirage to make a full comeback once prominent specs like renegade and holo get toned down, this coupled with incoming nerf to plasma steal will bring back Mirage in full force but....

You are well experienced to know that this is GW2/Anet modus operandi : "replace one oppressive build with another"....nobody should be surprised at this point

@Ovark.2514 said:You need to be basically invuln and have perma stab in order to not die to their constant ridiculous burst (that never ends)Having trouble with that one dodge slow moving zombie elite spec?

Instead of making a fairly useless class why don’t you ask for help? What class you play, traits, utilities, and then you’ll get positive feedback on how to deal with Mirages.

@phokus.8934 said:

@Ovark.2514 said:You need to be basically invuln and have perma stab in order to not die to their constant ridiculous burst (that never ends)Having trouble with that one dodge slow moving zombie elite spec?

Instead of making a fairly useless class why don’t you ask for help? What class you play, traits, utilities, and then you’ll get positive feedback on how to deal with Mirages.

I play thief and I cant stand mirages, theyre just too op. Spamming condis all over or bursting milion damage under 0.5s, and everything from stealth. Wtf is this

PS: I dunno if it matters but I lost somewhere my F1 key. Pls send rescue team

@Widmo.3186 said:

@"Ovark.2514" said:You need to be basically invuln and have perma stab in order to not die to their constant ridiculous burst (that never ends)Having trouble with that one dodge slow moving zombie elite spec?

I play thief and I cant stand mirages, theyre just too op. Spamming condis all over or bursting milion damage under 0.5s, and everything from stealth. kitten is this

@Burnfall.9573 said:

@"Ovark.2514" said:You need to be basically invuln and have perma stab in order to not die to their constant ridiculous burst (that never ends)Having trouble with that one dodge slow moving zombie elite spec?

I play thief and I cant stand mirages, theyre just too op. Spamming condis all over or bursting milion damage under 0.5s, and everything from stealth. kitten is this

CMC promised to nerf Plasma steal next balance patch....good luck to thieves after that

@Burnfall.9573 said:

You know, one day I heard about NA teef called Noody that does yt content. Went to his channel to checkout. Some roaming, trivia, etc. And then I saw this video."How to beat condi mirages (on thief)"Dude, thats the most intense laugh Ive ever had after reading any title of yt video. For real, I can understand all matchups, for example vs DH im sure alot teefs struggle and are looking for help in yt. But against mes? Cmon, land your steal, use plasma, poke, repeat. Thats all. One sentence. And this guy made 5 minute video about it XD"Exposing exposers"

@phokus.8934 said:

The only possible positive feedback I could receive is that anet is reworking that spec which they admitted was a bad decision. Fighting shorts yesterday was the impetus for this post since the only way I could even touch him was by 1 shotting him from stealth. Otherwise I was perma-disabled while he dealt obscene damage while invulnerable. Idk why anet has allowed blurred frenzy to ramin as it is.

@"ollbirtan.2915" said:Why...why did you have to take the bait....

Yeah...we say this after CMC ( most honest dev at this point ) admitted that Mirage Cloak was a terrible design idea. This is what I meant for "lack of honesty" from players....fair enough, pls keep going with the L2P arguments...see where that brought you . I remember years ago when I made a thread suggesting Anet to nerf Celestial Shadow and Ancient seeds and turn druid into a proper support spec for teamplay...ofc all rangers attacked me with L2P arguments and some more trolling....few years later...see where druid is now.

You people need to realize the way this company think : They want to keep the whales happy for as long as possible and while you're happy to play around brokenly designed traits...the devs will destroy everything around it while attempting to reach some resemblance of balance....if the playerbase would denounce the real issues from the start instead than going with their L2P arguments...things would be different

If instead than L2P arguments the mesmer playerbase would have used the the situation to suggest a proper balance decision (like small ICD on IH or dmg nerfs on ambush skills) chances are ..Anet would have not insanely taken away a dodge or other questionable choices like CI nerf where the problem was never the CC lock/punishing gameplay ) , which is to be expected from mesmers since GW1 , but rather the amount of gratuitous amount of dmg you could receive in a short amount of time, courtesy of all the ambush clone dmg.

Same argument for condi mirage , all because of that single trait, if not for it ...Mirage Cloak would be at the very least tolerable

@Arheundel.6451 said:

@"ollbirtan.2915" said:Why...why did you have to take the bait....

Yeah...we say this after CMC ( most honest dev at this point ) admitted that Mirage Cloak was a terrible design idea. This is what I meant for "lack of honesty" from players....fair enough,
pls keep going with the L2P arguments
...see where that brought you . I remember years ago when I made a thread suggesting Anet to nerf
Celestial Shadow and Ancient seeds
and turn druid into a proper support spec for teamplay...ofc all rangers attacked me with L2P arguments and some more trolling....few years later...see where druid is now.

You people need to realize the way this company think :
They want to keep the whales happy for as long as possible
and while you're happy to play around brokenly designed traits...the devs will destroy everything around it while attempting to reach some resemblance of balance....if the playerbase would denounce the real issues from the start instead than going with their L2P arguments...things would be different

If instead than L2P arguments the mesmer playerbase would have used the the situation to suggest a proper balance decision (like small ICD on IH or dmg nerfs on ambush skills) chances are ..Anet would have not insanely taken away a dodge or other questionable choices like CI nerf where the problem was never the CC lock/punishing gameplay ) , which is to be expected from mesmers since GW1 , but rather the amount of gratuitous amount of dmg you could receive in a short amount of time, courtesy of all the ambush clone dmg.

Same argument for condi mirage , all because of that single trait, if not for it ...Mirage Cloak would be at the very least tolerable

haha, as if people didnt suggest them to tone down ambush dmg, and as if they also didnt infact do that

Mirage is broken mechanically, but instead of addressing it properly they nerfed it numerically over the years and then CMC came and nerfed it more cause the previous nerfs were crap and didn't address why it was strong. Then again Mirage is still more viable then Berserker another botched Job by Arenanet, benched for 3 years and counting.

@Arheundel.6451 said:

@"Ovark.2514" said:You need to be basically invuln and have perma stab in order to not die to their constant ridiculous burst (that never ends)

This has been the main and only source of problems with Mirage, Anet and the community are well aware of it; condi mirage became impossible to deal with because of this trait and the
hidden
power variant you meet is based around the same problematic trait. Luckily the build still seems to require a certain degree of skill to succeed with, so no many cannot pull it off...yet.

I am expecting Mirage to make a full comeback once prominent specs like renegade and holo get toned down, this coupled with
incoming nerf to plasma steal
will bring back Mirage in full force but....

You are well experienced to know that this is GW2/Anet modus operandi : "replace one oppressive build with another"....nobody should be surprised at this point

Where has it been stated at consume plasma is getting nerfed?

@Vancho.8750 said:Mirage is broken mechanically, but instead of addressing it properly they nerfed it numerically over the years and then CMC came and nerfed it more cause the previous nerfs were kitten and didn't address why it was strong. Then again Mirage is still more viable then Berserker another botched Job by Arenanet, benched for 3 years and counting.

Berserker was great until they changed how the animations on how Skull Grinder & Headbutt worked.

They should have never made those changes. It would probably still be viable now as a reliable 1shot combo if they hadn't.

@NorthernRedStar.3054 said:

This has been the main and only source of problems with Mirage, Anet and the community are well aware of it; condi mirage became impossible to deal with because of this trait and the
hidden
power variant you meet is based around the same problematic trait. Luckily the build still seems to require a certain degree of skill to succeed with, so no many cannot pull it off...yet.

I am expecting Mirage to make a full comeback once prominent specs like renegade and holo get toned down, this coupled with
incoming nerf to plasma steal
will bring back Mirage in full force but....

Where has it been stated at consume plasma is getting nerfed?

During the latest PvP podcast from Cryon where CMC was a guest , a nerf to plasma is on the table, recognized as a major problem keeping mesmers away from PvP and knowing CMC at this point that nerf will come pretty soon....I am surprised that thieves got a hold of plasma since launch

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

@"Vancho.8750" said:Mirage is broken mechanically, but instead of addressing it properly they nerfed it numerically over the years and then CMC came and nerfed it more cause the previous nerfs were kitten and didn't address why it was strong. Then again Mirage is still more viable then Berserker another botched Job by Arenanet, benched for 3 years and counting.

Berserker was great until they changed how the animations on how Skull Grinder & Headbutt worked.

They should have never made those changes. It would probably still be viable now as a reliable 1shot combo if they hadn't.Yep the first rework shanked berserker cause "it was too powerful" my ass, it fucked over the defense traitline now it has like what 4 dead traits in it the mid row is total garbage, just so they can push out spellbreaker, they added more cast time on skills and the fucking arc divider was doing dabs before the cast. The rework last year added nice animations and mech that are fair and actually work, too bad that the rest of the rework is total crap, you gain benefit only when you enter berserk and keeping it up is a liability cause you die from it. Before the heavy handed reworks Berserker was heavy bruiser with medium damage and medium sustain, all rounder melee, it had good enough condition management and good enough sustain to fight in melee range, now all that is nerfed and doesn't work and by the new design berserker has ridiculous damage but it pays with crap defenses , but then they nerfed the damage and now has just the crap defense. So currently the only viable build for berserker is the meme signet oneshots every minute or two if people don't dodge, and this is by design of Arenanet not the people, they made it degenerate gameplay on purpose.Personally I just wanted a build that can fight in teamfights with Berserker that was bruiser and not oneshot, cause gimmicks are fun for about a day, and actual push and pull fighting is more fun in the long term.