So much lag...

Why is this an issue? I have been having more and more latency issues, A few days ago was random disconnections from the pvp lobby after a fight, 2 days ago a few random disconnections from fractals, now i can't get into tiria and the pvp lobby crashes half the time, not to mention significant and visible lag when casting skills.What is going on over there?.

@Kichwas.7152 said:It's been insane lately...

Even after restarts of my system and network.

It seems to LOVE hitting me on jumping puzzles in groups like fractals. I will jump, and the screen freezes. and I come back to being dead somewhere...

My connection has nothing to do with this, i have checked pinging other US sites and i get my regular latency.

@Apolo.5942 said:

It seems to LOVE hitting me on jumping puzzles in groups like fractals. I will jump, and the screen freezes. and I come back to being dead somewhere...

My connection has nothing to do with this, i have checked pinging other US sites and i get my regular latency.

Yeah - that's what I was trying to note. All checks to my own connection come back as everything fine...

@Apolo.5942 said:

That's like checking traffic to drive to Best Buy or the Apple Store and then expecting the bus ride to Target to have no issues.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

That's like checking traffic to drive to Best Buy or the Apple Store and then expecting the bus ride to Target to have no issues.

Not quite, if your connection work ok with the rest of your day to day task, but one in particular, it is clear the issue lies with that one task.

Im just calling it a day for today, im not playing today with this issues.

@Apolo.5942 said:

Not quite, if your connection work ok with the rest of your day to day task, but one in particular, it is clear the issue lies with that one task.

A TCP connection, which the game uses, is very different from the connection you'd use to visit various websites as well as do any ICMP pings. The game requires a stable, constant connection while those day-to-day tasks you mention do not.

Like the roads and streets, no single route will take you everywhere. Just because the route to X and Y are fine, this does not mean the route to Z is the same. Servers are located all across the world and the ISPs route the connection from your home to your destination. Generally the more distance you have to cover, the greater the latency. If you're in Idaho, the latency to a server in Seattle will be considerably less to a server in Florida.

This is why pinging other websites doesn't really mean all that much.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

A TCP connection, which the game uses, is very different from the connection you'd use to visit various websites as well as do any ICMP pings. The game requires a stable, constant connection while those day-to-day tasks you mention do not.

Like the roads and streets, no single route will take you everywhere. Just because the route to X and Y are fine, this does not mean the route to Z is the same. Servers are located all across the world and the ISPs route the connection from your home to your destination. Generally the more distance you have to cover, the greater the latency. If you're in Idaho, the latency to a server in Seattle will be considerably less to a server in Florida.

You are partially correct, when i said ping i did not actually mean just ping google a be done, no it was a more thorought test.

The result however its the same, my connection works as usual with several test to server sites Except GW2.

My guess is they are having issues with either their ISP, or the last stretch of the connection to their network, either that or faulty equipment/software.

Specially considering they have a post admitting this.

@Apolo.5942 said:

You are partially correct, when i said ping i did not actually mean just ping google a be done, no it was a more thorought test.

The result however its the same, my connection works as usual with several test to server sites Except GW2.

And my response is till the same: your connection to one company's servers is very rarely going to be the same connection for another company's.

My guess is they are having issues with either their ISP, or the last stretch of the connection to their network, either that or faulty equipment/software.

Please link this post. If you're referring to the sticky from several months ago, or the recent update, they did not state what you claim.

EDIT:

I did a search for all lag related threads and it seems that this issue is relatively recent. I didn't find anything before October of last year and I think there were only two to three small threads during the last few months of last year. It wasn't until March when the pandemic hit the issue escalated beyond what it was before. So there's a possibility that they did something around October of last year that only gets worse when networks are congested. Perhaps it's something completely unrelated that you wouldn't think would be the cause such as build templates. I'm not seriously suggesting that this is the reason.

November 10, dont know what you did, but the game is now unplayable. I cant even leave the pvp lobby to tyria, and that is if it manages to connect to it past the character screen.

Its 8am, this is NOT due to high network traffic.

You need to provide updates and fix this.

@Apolo.5942 said:

@"Kichwas.7152" said:It's been insane lately...

And my response is till the same: your connection to one company's servers is very rarely going to be the same connection for another company's.

Please link this post. If you're referring to the sticky from several months ago, or the recent update, they did not state what you claim.

EDIT:

I did a search for all lag related threads and it seems that this issue is relatively recent. I didn't find anything before October of last year and I think there were only two to three small threads during the last few months of last year. It wasn't until March when the pandemic hit the issue escalated beyond what it was before. So there's a possibility that they did something around October of last year that only gets worse when networks are congested. Perhaps it's something completely unrelated that you wouldn't think would be the cause such as build templates. I'm not seriously suggesting that this is the reason.

Stop being a fanboy, this is from 2 weeks ago.

Stop with the personal attacks.

Nowhere in what you linked, just as I stated before, does Anet mention that the issue is on their end.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:Nowhere in what you linked, just as I stated before, does Anet mention that the issue is on their end.

yes they do, the fact they are working on their infrastructure implies they know its on their end.

The reality is there's no single sweeping change that can fix latency issues for all players, or even most players. There are a large number of factors and situations that can >cause lag, and so members of our Engineering, Infrastructure, Design, QA, and Production teams are working with a group of affected players to help identify underlying >causes and find solutions.

We’ve made a number of changes that have improved general performance, but as we mentioned in our previous update, there are a lot of factors that cause lag and our >changes haven't had the impact we were hoping for.We know the persistent issues are frustrating and we want them improved as much as you do, so we're now looking into bigger changes with broader impact on the >problem. These changes take longer to test and implement, and we appreciate your patience as we continue working on solutions.

@Apolo.5942 said:

@Ayrilana.1396 said:Nowhere in what you linked, just as I stated before, does Anet mention that the issue is on their end.

yes they do, the fact they are working on their infrastructure implies they know its on their end.

The reality is there's no single sweeping change that can fix latency issues for all players, or even most players. There are a large number of factors and situations that can >cause lag, and so members of our Engineering, Infrastructure, Design, QA, and Production teams are working with a group of affected players to help identify underlying >causes and find solutions.

We’ve made a number of changes that have improved general performance, but as we mentioned in our previous update, there are a lot of factors that cause lag and our >changes haven't had the impact we were hoping for.We know the persistent issues are frustrating and we want them improved as much as you do, so we're now looking into bigger changes with broader impact on the >problem. These changes take longer to test and implement, and we appreciate your patience as we continue working on solutions.

No it doesn’t. Trying to do what they can on their end doesn’t mean the issue is on their end.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

No it doesn’t. Trying to do what they can on their end doesn’t mean the issue is on their end.

Yes right, because that is exactly how internet based corporations that can simply get away with implying the issue is with your isp, work. No they clearly don't do that, they instead rework their infrastructure just in case...

@Apolo.5942 said:

Yes right, because that is exactly how internet based corporations that can simply get away with implying the issue is with your isp, work. No they clearly don't do that, they instead rework their infrastructure just in case...

It’s best to try to resolve the issue at all angles.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

Lol, sure whatever floats your boat.

@Apolo.5942 said:

Lol, sure whatever floats your boat.

Them trying to improve performance on their end isn’t admitting that the issue is actually on their end. Especially when the specifically stated that there are a large number of factors which can cause lag and they’re working with players to identify the underlying causes.

The lag has been bad and It is on the server end not the client. I was in vabbi the other day and would stall out for some times over 10 seconds. Then the map chat would blow up with "whoa what just happened".

The one work around I have found is that in sPVP you will not have any lag lol. Me and my friends joke about how its a ploy to get people to the game mode.

@"Excursion.9752" said:The lag has been bad and It is on the server end not the client. I was in vabbi the other day and would stall out for some times over 10 seconds. Then the map chat would blow up with "whoa what just happened".

The one work around I have found is that in sPVP you will not have any lag lol. Me and my friends joke about how its a ploy to get people to the game mode.

Yeah, don't remember experiencing lang on pve, but since yesterday afternoon the game in general (even spvp) has become unplayable.

Further, the client now has a hard time reaching the character selection screen.