Mesmer or Necro for an alt? — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home Players Helping Players

Mesmer or Necro for an alt?

I'm thinking on making an alt and want some input. Which is more fun to play between Mesmer or Necro? I love summons/minions and both have access to something like that. I also love being tanky, which Necro has, but I also like playing support, which Mesmer does well. I'm a little torn and would like some input from the games more seasoned opinions.

Comments

• try scourge

• DeanBB.4268DeanBB.4268 Member ✭✭✭✭

Both professions and their elites can be played very different - melee, ranged, minions, no minions, etc - so there is a lot of flexibility. I'll play a ranged minion mancer when I want an easier play experience, or melee reaper when I want more action. I haven't played much with my scourge, so can't comment on it.

I'd say my favorite of those choices is power greatsword chronomancer.

X__________________________
    (Signature Required)

• I have both necro and mesmer, and to me they are both fun, particularly as scourge and chrono. Scourge is kind of like driving a schoolbus whereas chrono or mirage is like driving a jetski, so they are very different creatures, and the appeal will differ for everyone.

It's like asking which is better: raspberry or strawberry? Everyone is going to have a different opinion.