Q: Awakened foes in Mount Maelstrom?

Dears

Right before, I was in Mount Maelstrom area, in the Gauntlet Gulch zone and found on my way a group of Awakened foes (with one vet.)! I did fight them and got typical Elona drops. Huh... Since when do we have Awakened wandering in original Tyria area and dropping Elona stuff? Did I miss something?

Thanks for information. :)

@Dreamy Lu.3865 said:Dears

Right before, I was in Mount Maelstrom area, in the Gauntlet Gulch zone and found on my way a group of Awakened foes (with one vet.)! I did fight them and got typical Elona drops. Huh... Since when do we have Awakened wandering in original Tyria area and dropping Elona stuff? Did I miss something?

Thanks for information. :)

They are there so players without path of fire can finish the Halloween achievement that requires killing joko's minions (Ancient Grudge)

They’ve been a couple of threads mentioning them. They’ve seem to have been put in with Halloween, maybe for the achievement to kill 150 Awakened. They are also a few in Sparkfly Fen, east of the Brooloonu Waypoint.

Ancient Grudge – 10 APKill 150 of Joko’s minions. Any awakened mobs will work. Go to a map like Desolation and just kill them en mass

Archived