Could we have a hotkey/button for LFG menu?

Josre.5924

Could we please have a hotkey/UI button (top of screen) to go directly to the LFG menu? And could we have the LFG menu, when opened, automatically show groups for the section you are currently in? Right now, you need to open your contacts menu, click LFG on the side, and then find the zone you're in on the menu.

With all of the convenience features this game has, it shouldn't take 2+ clicks to get to the LFG. Do you want people to form groups using this feature or not? Please consider expanding on the QoL features...

I don't see the issue at all as it's not hard to hit y and then the LFG button.That's like me whining on "Why is there not a trading post hotkey? I need to click o and then click on the last option so I can find stuff or pick up what I bought/sell."or"Why is there not a specific guild button? I have to hit g and then check off which guild I want to represent and it's not really done correctly. I need more QoL options."

@Celtus.8456 said:Could we please have a hotkey/UI button (top of screen) to go directly to the LFG menu? And could we have the LFG menu, when opened, automatically show groups for the section you are currently in? Right now, you need to open your contacts menu, click LFG on the side, and then find the zone you're in on the menu.

With all of the convenience features this game has, it shouldn't take 2+ clicks to get to the LFG. Do you want people to form groups using this feature or not? Please consider expanding on the QoL features...

I don't see the need for a hotkey but it would be nice to automatically have your location open when you open LFG.Or the least they could do is split up open world section of LFG into Core, HoT, and PoF. Less scrolling and looking for the right map name.

Of course it isn't necessary. But will it make it easier for people to find groups and people to play with? Probably. And with very little work to implement, I'd imagine.

Why are we talking like this is an either-or scenario? Where development resources are finite and you are only allowed x number or wishes for the dev team to work on? This game already has the most QoL features of any game I've played...so I don't see why it would be so awful to hope to make LFG easier. When Gw2 launched it didn't even have a LFG feature, only the /lfg command that would change your online status to blue and put the search icon over your character. Then LFG finally launched (after so much debating as to its necessity on the forums...), and went into beta for what must have been a year. I think it should be seen as a work in progress, and the aim of Gw2 seems to be to get people to cooperate and play together, so why not.

p.s. I noticed it actually takes 4 actions to get to the LFG of your zone. 1. Open Contacts Menu, 2. Click LFG sidebar, 3. Click section, 4. Click subsection.

@Celtus.8456 said:Of course it isn't necessary. But will it make it easier for people to find groups and people to play with? Probably. And with very little work to implement, I'd imagine.

Why are we talking like this is an either-or scenario? Where development resources are finite and you are only allowed x number or wishes for the dev team to work on? This game already has the most QoL features of any game I've played...so I don't see why it would be so awful to hope to make LFG easier. When Gw2 launched it didn't even have a LFG feature, only the /lfg command that would change your online status to blue and put the search icon over your character. Then LFG finally launched (after so much debating as to its necessity on the forums...), and went into beta for what must have been a year. I think it should be seen as a work in progress, and the aim of Gw2 seems to be to get people to cooperate and play together, so why not.

p.s. I noticed it actually takes 4 actions to get to the LFG of your zone. 1. Open Contacts Menu, 2. Click LFG sidebar, 3. Click section, 4. Click subsection.

I mean.... development resources ARE finite. There is only so many people working at anet and there is only so many hours in a day/week/month they can spend working, so it really does boil down to "what would be the better thing to have people spend their time working on". Trying to push for multiple things to be done all at once is not efficient from a development perspective.

Archived