please separate the hats from the rest in outfits.

coso.9173

@Vavume.8065 said:

@Friday.7864 said:There's quite a few outfits I haven't bought because I can't use other head items with them.Anet's loss.

I have never bought a single outfit, however if they had split outfits into 6 pieces I would have bought many of them.As you said Anet's loss.

Wouldent be outfits anymore and defeat the purpose of the 1 piece outfits.

@Linken.6345 said:

@Friday.7864 said:There's quite a few outfits I haven't bought because I can't use other head items with them.Anet's loss.

I have never bought a single outfit, however if they had split outfits into 6 pieces I would have bought many of them.As you said Anet's loss.

According to your logic me being able to hide the helmet right now makes any outfit a 2 piece outfit.It's just a matter of showing something else instead as head and body are already separated.

@Friday.7864 said:

According to your logic me being able to hide the helmet right now makes any outfit a 2 piece outfit.It's just a matter of showing something else instead as head and body are already separated.

Me having a hoodie and not having the hood part on my head dont suddenly make it not a hoodie.

@Linken.6345 said:

Me having a hoodie and not having the hood part on my head dont suddenly make it not a hoodie.

It's a 2 piece because you can hide the helmet. End of discussion ^^They design head and body separately, otherwise you would either have an outfit or no outfit at all - no in betweens.

@kharmin.7683 said:

@Smoosh.2718 said:Totally going to post something off topic, but relevant.

NO MORE OUTFITS!

MAKE ARMOUR GREAT AGAIN!

Well, we've been told it takes at least 9 months to make an armor set, where would you suggest the income for Anet comes from?

It also takes over 2 years to make a new hairstyle, apparently.

I'm starting to think pandering to players who enjoy fashion and player customisation isn't Anet's top concern.

I understand not being able to wear armored helmets with outfits. But its kind of silly that players can't wear bunny ears, cat ears, fox ears, deer antlers, devil horns, angel and devil halos, earmuffs, eye patches, eyeglasses, sunglasses, etc. on their head.

And there's alot more that I didn't mention, too, and these are nearly all gemstore skins.

I own alot of outfits but I basically stopped using them because the devs kept adding nice gemstore "hats" to the game and I couldn't use them with outfits, so slowly all my characters switched to armor so I could wear them properly.

Given they're all viable gem sales, its kind of like shooting yourself in the foot? At least that's how it seems to me.

• Like 1

@kharmin.7683 said:

@Smoosh.2718 said:Totally going to post something off topic, but relevant.

NO MORE OUTFITS!

MAKE ARMOUR GREAT AGAIN!

Well, we've been told it takes at least 9 months to make an armor set, where would you suggest the income for Anet comes from?

I seriously do not buy that. To me that sounds more like a cop out to not make armour parts, they are basically outfits split up. This whole 'but we have the QA them for clipping' I also dont buy, BIg Nose Ted's cape clips through his fat rump with core armour.

I personally will never buy an outfit, ever! even if i thought it was really cool. If you cant use it like armour parts, forget it, I do not want it.

If the current devs don't want to make armour parts then why dont they spend 9 months making a new person who will.

• Like 1

@"Hannelore.8153" said:I understand not being able to wear armored helmets with outfits. But its kind of silly that players can't wear bunny ears, cat ears, fox ears, deer antlers, devil horns, angel and devil halos, earmuffs, eye patches, eyeglasses, sunglasses, etc. on their head.

And there's alot more that I didn't mention, too, and these are nearly all gemstore skins.

I own alot of outfits but I basically stopped using them because the devs kept adding nice gemstore "hats" to the game and I couldn't use them with outfits, so slowly all my characters switched to armor so I could wear them properly.

Given they're all viable gem sales, its kind of like shooting yourself in the foot? At least that's how it seems to me.

Because they are still helmet skins so if they would work so would all other helmets.

@Fueki.4753 said:

@Linken.6345 said:Wouldent be outfits anymore and defeat the purpose of the 1 piece outfits.

There is no downside to that, other than Arenanet having to put in a tiny bit more work.

There's a downside for me because of how I use outfits. I still treat them like 'town clothes' - I buy ones which don't look like armour and use them as a quick, free (no transmutation) thing to change into for situations where my character wearing their armour would look out of place, like that story instance where you're at a party for nobles in Divity's Reach or down-time in a city (or the arctic explorer's outfit when it's cold). If they were changed to armour skins they'd be useless for me because now I'd have to switch each piece manually, pay transmutation charges and then pay again to switch them back when I was done.

Having said that I'd support having outfits also available as seperate armour pieces, especially the ones which already look like armour. But I think for Anet that would mean having to make them twice, so it would double the work and I doubt players would accept buying the same thing twice if you want both the full outfit and the seperate pieces.

@Smoosh.2718 said:

I seriously do not buy that. To me that sounds more like a cop out to not make armour parts, they are basically outfits split up. This whole 'but we have the QA them for clipping' I also dont buy, BIg Nose Ted's cape clips through his fat rump with core armour.

It's because of the weights. 1 armor set = 3 outfits. Both outfits and individual weights would take a similar amount of time.

@Mortifera.6138 said:

@"Smoosh.2718" said:Totally going to post something off topic, but relevant.

NO MORE OUTFITS!

MAKE ARMOUR GREAT AGAIN!

And look at people's horribly mismatching ideas? No thanks.

Letting players mix armour opens so many doors, so many options to make you look the way you want to, outfits do not do this. Outfits restrict what you can do, and on outfit release day you look like many others who also bought it as well.

I would say your arguement for not having more armour is very poorly put forward. You can make some fantastic armour results, people sometimes stop and PM you about your armour combo's.If this game was just outfits you'd never be able to do this stuff:https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/1357094#Comment_1357094I want more armour in the game so the combinations of armour increase massivly, allowing you to pick the look for you.

Personally Id like to see more people actually trying to make armour combo's than see a load of people being lazy with a silver spoon outfit.

@Healix.5819 said:

It's because of the weights. 1 armor set = 3 outfits. Both outfits and individual weights would take a similar amount of time.

Pre 2015, we had armour being pumped onto the store, all with unique styles that kept the core armour looks alive, heavy looked like heavy, light looked like light, medium looked like medium, now ruined by outfits where you can make yourself look like heavy with light armour. If they got 3 people to just pump out armour skins, happy days, none of the skins would have to be connected together (as in they dont need to look like a set light/heavy/medium.) This would allow the devs to create a huge amount of skins for the players to toy with, perhapse even buy the whole armour skin set for 1 part! (yes I have done this before, Braham's helmet.)

Outfits are like EA toying with Lootboxes in the early days, never let them get their foot through the door as they wont leave once in.

Honestly lets not think developers spending too much time to do content like armour (takes over a year+ to even fulfil the WvW promise), this is about content you will be using if you buy it, would you seriously rather an outfit, that you'll get bored of when the next one comes out, or have armour you can mix, match and keep changing as time goes on? Lets face it, we are the audience that should be targeted with the best to offer, since when did we accept polished poo?

• Confused 1