[Video] Testing D/D Weaver in WvW. D/D is back !

Lasiurus.4067

They didn't finish you off in their bursts and then you had the advantage due to your massive amounts of healing. But it takes only 2 people who know what they're doing catching you without stunbreak and you'll be dead in one burst. I'm quite sure you died a lot of times before being able to record the footage you are showing us here.

Also, I think sword + primordial stance is better than dagger + unravel because you need a lot of your stats going into your defense and then condition damage is the way to go to "sneak in some damage". That's the only way this will work and this is why primordial stance is crucial. This is phantaram's conclusion as well, you need condition pressure to make weaver work in pvp. So if the d/d kind of skirmishing playstyle that takes advantage of healing and boons to outsustian your opponent makes a comeback, it will be more likely sword/dagger.

Unravel is only necessary in order to land the Burning Speed + Fire Grab on this build, otherwise there is no fluidity with offensive pressure in attunement swapping by chaining all of the dash dual attacks. This is also why Primordial Stance is used but you can do it in any attunement, drawback is the radius and range of the skill requiring you to nut hug the target for PBAoE pressure (which as a squishy is almost suicide if you can't land a burst). Burning Speed + Fire Grab does not have that limitation.

Can probably guess the build includes Bolstered Elements and Durability Runes, but have to go soon.

@cursE.1794 said:They didn't finish you off in their bursts and then you had the advantage due to your massive amounts of healing. But it takes only 2 people who know what they're doing catching you without stunbreak and you'll be dead in one burst. I'm quite sure you died a lot of times before being able to record the footage you are showing us here.

Also, I think sword + primordial stance is better than dagger + unravel because you need a lot of your stats going into your defense and then condition damage is the way to go to "sneak in some damage". That's the only way this will work and this is why primordial stance is crucial. This is phantaram's conclusion as well, you need condition pressure to make weaver work in pvp. So if the d/d kind of skirmishing playstyle that takes advantage of healing and boons to outsustian your opponent makes a comeback, it will be more likely sword/dagger.

Not at all : it was my first try ever of the D/D Weaver, and I took me a session of 1H30 of roaming.

@cgMatt.5162 said:Unravel is only necessary in order to land the Burning Speed + Fire Grab on this build, otherwise there is no fluidity with offensive pressure in attunement swapping by chaining all of the dash dual attacks. This is also why Primordial Stance is used but you can do it in any attunement, drawback is the radius and range of the skill requiring you to nut hug the target for PBAoE pressure (which as a squishy is almost suicide if you can't land a burst). Burning Speed + Fire Grab does not have that limitation.

Can probably guess the build includes Bolstered Elements and Durability Runes, but have to go soon.

No : Unravel is great for D/D & bad for S/D.Why ? Because #3 skills of sword sucks, & #3 Skills of Dagger are great : Shocking Aura, Burning Speed, the freeze blast finisher, magnetic leap...You can also combo thanks to unravel : Use the dual attune skill Fire/Water to get a waterfield, then full water to blast inside with #3

Tried Dagger/Focus Weaver, better for Roaming if you ask me. Still needs Might Stacking for good Dmg. And for a Meleebuild it still lacks enough Sustain to Fight a Spellbreaker or Let's say a Scourge.

It's okay for Solo Roaming when you are leading the Fight and decide the Terrain for LoS...For Group Roaming i need Range against the "Meta" right now.

A shame we still need Water+Arcane for that.Same with Sword. Lacking even more Dmg :/.

I stick with Fa and will try Fa Weaver too, returning after more than a Year and dropped Dagger again;).

But play what's Fun for you, still works against many Players.

Ele still needs more Love :)

D/d weaver has to go high tankly to be worth it. You just have your core skills for any real dmg the duel skills have good cc effects on them for dagger main hand but they simply lack any real hitting power. I think tempest dose d/d better then weaver at the end of the day due to it having overloads and healing auras. You maybe better off sticking to weaver sword/dagger or weaver scpter/dagger.For solo play in group play the cc should be useful from weaver dagger main hand.

@caveman.5840 said:unravel is a waist of a utility slot

Everyone say that. For me it's not for D/D.Because it's the only wat to get the cool skill #3 from Core dagger without double attune in the same element, which it a loss of time/ You need to switch attunement to survive/rotate.

@cgMatt.5162 said:Unravel is only necessary in order to land the Burning Speed + Fire Grab on this build, otherwise there is no fluidity with offensive pressure in attunement swapping by chaining all of the dash dual attacks. This is also why Primordial Stance is used but you can do it in any attunement, drawback is the radius and range of the skill requiring you to nut hug the target for PBAoE pressure (which as a squishy is almost suicide if you can't land a burst). Burning Speed + Fire Grab does not have that limitation.

No : Unravel is great for D/D & bad for S/D.Why ? Because #3 skills of sword sucks, & #3 Skills of Dagger are great : Shocking Aura, Burning Speed, the freeze blast finisher, magnetic leap...You can also combo thanks to unravel : Use the dual attune skill Fire/Water to get a waterfield, then full water to blast inside with #3Definitely some nice uses. We were talking about D/D, not Sw/D in respect to offensive pressure with Burning Speed used in a burst. The intent of the statement neither attempts to discredit nor disprove either choice but rather outlines the advantages of both. The main difference is playstyle choice or condi vs power damage and matchup knowledge. i.e wouldn't try to condi burst Scourge or Spellbreaker if they can send it back or just avoid the matchup all together, which sometimes is unavoidable due to how common they are due to the state of balance.

Unravel is a horrible waste of a utility slot. You're losing necessary utilities just to fully attune to an attunement that legitimately should be an f5 key.

My take away since I've started playing Weaver, I main Scourge and Reaper now because they can do more work for themselves and their team just by simply NOT DYING and that's not even including their amazing DPS, crowd control, and team barriers out the yin yang that the Weaver just cannot contend with. Weaver doesn't even have decent healing anymore which I thought was the main reason for their lack of toughness, vitality and DPS. Not joking here but their vitality is a JOKE. Their DPS fields are the size of postage stamps and the dual attacks have the cooldowns of jet engine lag. I guess Anet really does hate the Elementalist class. Nerf after Nerf after Nerf strongly supports that theory.

@TheToxicFox.8710 said:Unravel is a horrible waste of a utility slot. You're losing necessary utilities just to fully attune to an attunement that legitimately should be an f5 key.

My take away since I've started playing Weaver, I main Scourge and Reaper now because they can do more work for themselves and their team just by simply NOT DYING and that's not even including their amazing DPS, crowd control, and team barriers out the yin yang that the Weaver just cannot contend with. Weaver doesn't even have decent healing anymore which I thought was the main reason for their lack of toughness, vitality and DPS. Not joking here but their vitality is a JOKE. Their DPS fields are the size of postage stamps and the dual attacks have the cooldowns of jet engine lag. I guess Anet really does hate the Elementalist class. Nerf after Nerf after Nerf strongly supports that theory.

I totally agree that Unravel should be part of the Elite Spec. Like a F5, with a 30s CD for example, to allow us switch to full attunement.But sadly it's not, and it's a usefull skill on D/D so...

@Sifu.9745 said:Why would i want to play weaver d/d if i can get much better results as a core d/d celestial?

I really prefer Weaver D/D over core DD. New skills are great & way better than Sword skills. You have 2 new CC (#3 Air/Water & Earth/Water) + a waterfield from #3 Fire/Water !

Core d/d is superior to weaver d/d in every way unless you are just wanting to land that 12k-16k churning earth. It doesn't work in wvw in NA against havocs and or zergs. No one is glass since we killed all our pve and casual players well 99% of them. North America 6pm-12am is just blood guts. You roam and than 5 or 7 guys jump you. Unless you are on the top servers their zergs will just roll everyone and than you can use a gimic build to jump the zerg tail. Weaver and or core ele cannot gimmic here. Everyone is geared well and not glass if they aren't able to 1v3 as glass. However, as I can see in that video the casual pvers in wvw, up levels or well the click skill players just eat that! That's why it's ultra rare to see a 1v7 ele vid from NA anymore. Well you can find old ones in NA 2012-2014-2015 pre HOT. We just don't have casual here anymore. Well you can bully a bad commander from BG that's new at commanding and leading pugs that pve majority. Since that server is fine their pro commanders can hope on hours later and just mash people to death with a better zerg.

• 3 weeks later...

Great video - especially from someone who played D/D shortly after the game was released. I'll be honest though that the Ranger you fought was pretty terrible. I've been maining a Ranger now for quite some while and an Ele is one of the really easy classes to take down. Course, I don't play a "meta" build so that may be part of it.

Archived