Mystic Coin Inflation

korian.8615

Greetings everyone,I am writing because a market with prices out of control is no longer feasible. Mystic Coins have almost reached 2 gold. Anet stops this inflation because it makes no sense. In the beginning they cost 5 silver. I attach just for information the image of the market, note the order and the quantity . The speculation that is made by this practice that in real society is stopped.May the walk be safe

https://ibb.co/HVbXtZ3

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it happens in any good economy, so it is actually a sign that the artificial economy is doing well.It is a speculative bubble that is bound to burst one day and the mechanic where it forms and the mechanic where it burst is good and healthy. If you want it to burst, just delay any crafting that require mystic coins, or atleast only use the ones you acquire on your own. If enough people will do this, those who have been stockpiling them will start selling them, causing prices to drop and freefall down.

The good news is the game gives out mystic coins just by logging in. So, the more they rise in price, the more income the game gives you.

You can get 30 per month by doing the Legendary event (the name of the boss escapes me)

And 6 per week from WvW.

So, right there, just from playing each week, you can get 74 per month,

That’s 150 gold right now. Pretty good.

@choon.6308 said:Well, it seems like earliest players were the luckiest. Getting everything for ridiculously cheap prices to max out and buy everything. 400 gems used to cost like 8 gold rofl

Part of the reason things were cheaper back then is that gold wasn't as easy to come by. Daily achievements used to give nothing but achievement points (which had no rewards associated with them), there were no login rewards and many of the gold farms popular today like Silverwastes didn't exist, in fact for the first couple of months Cursed Shore was the only level 80 map, then Southsun was added (without the karka queen) and I think that was it until Drytop was added in 2014. There's been many other changes too, but I'm not going to try to list them all.

I remember early on people arguing that obviously no one could be expected to get 100g for a commander tag on their own (1/3 the current price, but it was also character-specific) and obviously the idea was for a guild or other group to club together and buy one for the person who would lead their activities. Some players did manage it on their own of course, but it took a lot longer.

@Danikat.8537 said:

@choon.6308 said:Well, it seems like earliest players were the luckiest. Getting everything for ridiculously cheap prices to max out and buy everything. 400 gems used to cost like 8 gold rofl

Part of the reason things were cheaper back then is that gold wasn't as easy to come by.

Yeah still, you could do cof p1 10 times and get enough gold for 400 gems. Try doing cof p1 10 times now and you'll get like 10 gems :)

@Danikat.8537 said:I remember early on people arguing that obviously no one could be expected to get 100g for a commander tag on their own (1/3 the current price, but it was also character-specific) and obviously the idea was for a guild or other group to club together and buy one for the person who would lead their activities. Some players did manage it on their own of course, but it took a lot longer.

I spent almost every piece of gold I had at the time to get the commander tag before the price jumped. I never thought that I would be able to get enough gold to purchase it at the higher price. Never knew if I would use it or not (hardly ever do), but wanted to grab it when I could afford it.

Now, I've been able to hoard enough for the I'm Rich You Know title and since purchasing that have recouped my funds to be able to do it again. And I'm a very casual player.

Point is, I suppose, is that gold is pretty easy to come by for very casual players. For those who more aggressively farm for it, they can accrue a lot more a lot faster.

Well, if we want to complain about inflation, legendaries have skyrocketed.

One of the first Meteorologicus’ sold for 200 gold. Now they’re going for 2000!!!!

What are us poor sellers of legendaries going to do??

It’s criminal I tell you! We should protest (peacefully of course) in Lion’s Arch!! Block the bank and the TP entrances!!!!

@Strider Pj.2193 said:The good news is the game gives out mystic coins just by logging in. So, the more they rise in price, the more income the game gives you.

You can get 30 per month by doing the Legendary event (the name of the boss escapes me)

And 6 per week from WvW.

Legendary Leyline Anomaly. For anyone who thinks the game is dying, try to do this boss in Timberline after reset...

@Hesione.9412 said:

@Strider Pj.2193 said:The good news is the game gives out mystic coins just by logging in. So, the more they rise in price, the more income the game gives you.

And 6 per week from WvW.

Legendary Leyline Anomaly. For anyone who thinks the game is dying, try to do this boss in Timberline after reset...

Ty.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:And 6 per week from WvW.

Lol. To address this very specific point, to get the 6 from wvw you need to finish diamond tier skirmish chest. Obviously there are people that are going to do that anyway, but I feel like your post is implying that farming for these 6 mystic coins that will take hours and hours to get (depending on a lot of factors obviously) is good gold. It definitely is not.

@knite.1542 said:

@Strider Pj.2193 said:And 6 per week from WvW.

Lol. To address this very specific point, to get the 6 from wvw you need to finish diamond tier skirmish chest. Obviously there are people that are going to do that anyway, but I feel like your post is implying that farming for these 6 mystic coins that will take hours and hours to get (depending on a lot of factors obviously) is good gold. It definitely is not.

If the goal is gold then don't worry about the cost, value, difficulty in acquiring, etc of Mystic Coins.

this is very easy way to cut price - make it account bound material. Say : ok , it acc bound from 2021. So "big price" problem will be solved. Do I like this idea? No. Do person who say "why so expensive?" will hapyy ? I think no too.If someone now mc - and don't want play - easest way - buy gems, convert to gold, buy mc from TP.So if we make mc account bound - make mc available from gems store, 10 gems - one mysitc coin. Like it? me not, but any "why not cheap" is step to that.

@"lare.5129" said:this is very easy way to cut price - make it account bound material. Say : ok , it acc bound from 2021. So "big price" problem will be solved. Do I like this idea? No. Do person who say "why so expensive?" will hapyy ? I think no too.If someone now mc - and don't want play - easest way - buy gems, convert to gold, buy mc from TP.So if we make mc account bound - make mc available from gems store, 10 gems - one mysitc coin. Like it? me not, but any "why not cheap" is step to that.

Do you mean that people's existing stock would become account bound or that any earned started in '21 would be account bound?

@"Ashen.2907" said:Do you mean that people's existing stock would become account bound or that any earned started in '21 would be account bound?I don't see any reason make it account bound. But one of way "make price fair" - make it.Also I don't see reason made it ASAP. Ofc can be some announce, and do conversion after some time, 2 week, 4 weeks, or 10 weeks is the same mostly if target is same.

@"Nightcore.5621" said:Thats 440 evey 30 Day just to login inThats can be 440 evey 30 Day on 20 accounts just to login in if mc will be acc bound in nearest time .. Too hot to be soon, but who know how developers react to shout "it is not cheap!"As for me I don't have buy it if it more 5 silver for decorations.

@lare.5129 said:

@"Nightcore.5621" said:Thats 440 evey 30 Day just to login inThats can be 440 evey 30 Day on 20 accounts just to login in if mc will be acc bound in nearest time .. Too hot to be soon, but who know how developers react to shout "it is not cheap!"As for me I don't have buy it if it more 5 silver for decorations.

Who says they Will be account bound?