How would you like to travel to Cantha?

Ogwom.7940

Would like to travel there by airship, sea vessel, dredge tunnels from Shiverpeaks, or other possible ways?It always intrigues me if we traveled through the dredge tunnels, but I believe it would be easier for ANet to just make us travel by air like the Zephyrites did.Also sailing the seas might not be possible because of the Deep Sea Dragon and their minions.

@Ogwom.7940 said:Would like to travel there by airship, sea vessel, dredge tunnels from Shiverpeaks, or other possible ways?It always intrigues me if we traveled through the dredge tunnels, but I believe it would be easier for ANet to just make us travel by air like the Zephyrites did.Also sailing the seas might not be possible because of the Deep Sea Dragon and their minions.

Boat would be nice for a change of pace. Seems like Airship has been used a lot.

Perhaps we wouldn’t consider the DSD as a threat until maybe something happens by boat.

If we intentionally go to Cantha, it would be cool to ride elder dragon Aurene. >_>

Airship seems most realistic, but dredge tunnel would be the coolest!

And there's always the chance we don't intentionally go to Cantha. Maybe we get sucked into the Mists and spit out in Cantha. :P

It would be helpful if we could reach Cantha as easily as we can reach HoT. Either using a direct path from any of the nearby maps, or via a Guildhall. Path of Fire utilized the Lily of the Elon as a direct path, instead of walking there. This worked out, but only for players who owned the Deluxe or Ultimate Edition of Path of Fire. Others either had to travel through the Guildhall, via Teleport to Friend or run the first Story Mission with every new character - which was rather tedious and caused a lot of complaints.

As a convenience lounge, the Lily of the Elon was a total success. So I believe we get something like that again. Cantha is far away from Tyria and Elona, what makes a direct path rather difficult. If they do it, we probably travel there via a portal. Maybe from the EotN? I would really like to see the Airship as a travel-option again, because I enjoyed the relaxing cinematic with Path of Fire and Fidus' company.

I have a scenario in my head for how the Ice Brood Saga might end, in that scenario we end up having to flee through a portal/rift that Aurine creates without knowing exactly where we will end up.

We end up stranded on Cantha and now have to deal with the Empire hunting us as foreign invaders while trying to find a way to get back to the mainland.

The idea of a boat voyage is fun. Skimmering all the way from central Tyria or Elona just seems... beyond bad haha. Travel by ocean/sea seems like a bad idea with a deep sea dragon on the loose, but I suppose Zhaitan was always the one really interrupting travel by ship.

@"Svennis.3852" said:The idea of a boat voyage is fun. Skimmering all the way from central Tyria or Elona just seems... beyond bad haha. Travel by ocean/sea seems like a bad idea with a deep sea dragon on the loose, but I suppose Zhaitan was always the one really interrupting travel by ship.

At this point, we don’t know where the DSD is. We could potentially witness its minions on a boat ride.

@Tyson.5160 said:

@"Svennis.3852" said:The idea of a boat voyage is fun. Skimmering all the way from central Tyria or Elona just seems... beyond bad haha. Travel by ocean/sea seems like a bad idea with a deep sea dragon on the loose, but I suppose Zhaitan was always the one really interrupting travel by ship.

At this point, we don’t know where the DSD is. We could potentially witness its minions on a boat ride.

Which is why, logically, I don't see why the Commander/DW would choose to go that route if travel by air (or mists) is an option.

Air/Mists route seems most likely to me as well - We could ride Aurene directly overseas or through the Mists (although the Mists would probably be the easier/shorter route. Alternatively, we could use airships, particularly if we do end up getting Aetherblade allies in Champions (getting something similar to the teaser art with the Aetherblade ships). Going by boat or water when there's a deep sea dragon somewhere out in the water that is known to be able to control it seems unnecessarily risky, especially if/when its revealed to be near Cantha, and would be less convenient anyways.