Option to choose from more than one open world map instance [Suggestion]

Zahld.4956

Be able to choose from at least two instance of a map to play in. This is useful in the case of one map being too full with players completing one activity such as HP train and using up a large amount of player resource and filling up the available map capacity to where others may need the map player capacity to complete an event like a meta event, players can choose from a second or third instance to go to, to complete the event with enough participating players.Instead of having to try to ask others to leave the instance to make room for players who are trying to complete the event, players could just move their squads to another instance instead.Having one instance and needing to wait till it is full to be in another instance does not work well on schedules of events where players need to organize groups before and event begins.Thank you for reading.

@Zahld.4956 said:Instead of having to try to ask others to leave the instance to make room for players who are trying to complete the event, players could just move their squads to another instance instead.

Look at how the triple-trouble-community (gw2community.de if I remember correctly) gets all their squad-players into a fresh new map before the event. It is already possible.

The squad meets in a different map and then, at exactly the same time, they jump all to the target map. This usually results in at least one new fresh map instance that is created. And then the scouts in the squad check the map instances with /ip and after selecting the best map instance all players in squad were told to join that map instance (join friend in the group/squad menu).

The last times I did the tripe-trouble event, this worked quite well.

I'm not sure letting players create new instances would be a good thing. But letting players see the instances, and hop to a different one, could have some value.More than once I've been on a map where a commander is trying to organize some large scale activity I'm not interested in. I'd be more than willing to hop to another map to make space, but there isn't any great mechanism to do that - I suppose I could log out, then log back in again (or go to guild hall and leave), but there is no guarantee there that I will get on a different map.Related, the 'this map has few players and closes in an hour, click here to leave', it would be nice to see/have a choice what map it will dump me to. More than once, I've gotten dumped onto a map that has fewer players than the one I left from.

The additional instance is always available and players could choose if they wanted to go to the additional instance at anytime. It's a feature of Guild Wars previous version also.

A second instance that is alway available is suited when the only instance available is using player capacity that could be used for another purpose.

The option to go to a more filled instance as it is now would still apply to maintain a more filled instance.

Currently if players choose to stay in a less crowded instance, that instance would still remain so the argument of unused server resources is null.

Mega servers combined players from different servers and instances instead of having different server worlds with different instances for each one. This does not apply to that.