What’s new in the past year?

VDAC.2137

Checking in! I will say that I cannot bring myself to buy mount skins in other games because GW2 mounts are sooo much cooler and the skins are dyeable! So what’s new? It looks like there aren’t any new mounts since the Skyscale, but can the Skimmer now go underwater?

Any new Sylvari stuff? The Tanglewood glider looks cool — too bad I didn’t catch that! But still no Sylvari jackal that comes apart and back together in a swirl of leaves?

But now how about classes? Major changes overall? Are Druid pets still gimped?

Icebrood Saga is the main thing that happened (LS5). Which gave 3 new maps, half a dozen strike missions (boss instances), some LS1 instances to cover old ground and a the usual achievements, skins, metas, a World Boss.

There's been a few QoL updates, but it's otherwise been a quiet year because of covid and the focus moving off everything and onto the expansion next year

Oh skimmers can go underwater after doing a quest and some mastery stuff

I can't really comment on classes because they rarely seem any different after a balance patch to me.

@Randulf.7614 said:Icebrood Saga is the main thing that happened (LS5). Which gave 3 new maps, half a dozen strike missions (boss instances), some LS1 instances to cover old ground and a the usual achievements, skins, metas, a World Boss.

There's been a few QoL updates, but it's otherwise been a quiet year because of covid and the focus moving off everything and onto the expansion next year

I can't really comment on classes because they rarely seem any different after a balance patch to me.

Thank you!!! I’m glad to hear that skimmers can indeed go underwater now — I’ll have to log on just to try that out! :)

LS1 instances? Really? Via fractals or...?

I feel like a lot of games are focusing on nostalgia, or maybe that’s nothing new and inevitable from time to time. Never having played GW1, I wasn’t crazy about all the references in PoF that I guess only made sense if you’d played that and I imagine I should expect even more from Cantha. I know WoW released it’s “classic” last year and it looks like ESO is following this year’s return to Skyrim with Oblivion next year. So much human stuff! I play GW2 for the Sylvari and ESO for the Elves! :lol:

In the skin department - A lot.Skimmer can now dive.Balance wise there was a big balance patch a while back but nothing major since.Legendary armory was announced in march but no major updates on that either.New Sunqua Peek Fractal.

Most content has come from the Ice brood Saga with new story, maps, metas, skins, masteries, strike missions ect...

@VDAC.2137 said:

@"Randulf.7614" said:Icebrood Saga is the main thing that happened (LS5). Which gave 3 new maps, half a dozen strike missions (boss instances), some LS1 instances to cover old ground and a the usual achievements, skins, metas, a World Boss.

Thank you!!! I’m glad to hear that skimmers can indeed go underwater now — I’ll have to log on just to try that out! :)

LS1 instances? Really? Via fractals or...?

I feel like a lot of games are focusing on nostalgia, or maybe that’s nothing new and inevitable from time to time. Never having played GW1, I wasn’t crazy about all the references in PoF that I guess only made sense if you’d played that and I imagine I should expect even more from Cantha. I know WoW released it’s “classic” last year and it looks like ESO is following this year’s return to Skyrim with Oblivion next year. So much human stuff! I play GW2 for the Sylvari and ESO for the Elves! :lol:

Basically the Saga brought a story event called "Visions of the Past". It filled in some backstory for the previous episodes that didn't invlove us directly and allowed us to "gaze into the past" for 4 LS1 events. They aren't anything noteworthy, just some solo story instances with no real story context given to them. It's just a little something to play.

There is now you mention it, a new fractal - Sunqua Peak. It was badly bugged, but it's an OK fractal to dive into if it is now working

There's been no new Sylvari stuff. They kinda did all they could with HoT and the Knight of the Thorn sidestory and decided that was it for the race