Bring back 5 que or 3 que

DogMD.9182

A common theme in the sPvP chat / forums is inevitably "My team sucks; my pugs are trash, they're dragging me down," which inevitably leads to the trash talking and toxicity that is perceived by the community.

Why don't we bring back 5 que or 3 que so that you can severely minimize the time you have to spend playing with randoms and spreading toxicity and hate against your own team? There's almost no disadvantage as everyone is entitled to play w/ whoever they choose, and if you don't win its something you can work on as a squad for the next game.

100% spvp suck atm..i think the biggest issue is actually not having your own mate you are likely to be teamed with 2-3 bots and i dont jsut mean bad players i mean literally bots that run and farm gold all day long.. which for some reason Anet does nothing to prevent.sPvp is the most frustrating thing for honest players and i think being able to que as 3 buddies might reduce the frustration and ensure that 3 players are not bots

@noiwk.2760 said:100% spvp suck atm..i think the biggest issue is actually not having your own mate you are likely to be teamed with 2-3 bots and i dont jsut mean bad players i mean literally bots that run and farm gold all day long.. which for some reason Anet does nothing to prevent.sPvp is the most frustrating thing for honest players and i think being able to que as 3 buddies might reduce the frustration and ensure that 3 players are not bots

Exactly, If you 5 que, you GUARANTEE you have no bots on your team

@DogMD.9182 said:

@noiwk.2760 said:100% spvp suck atm..i think the biggest issue is actually not having your own mate you are likely to be teamed with 2-3 bots and i dont jsut mean bad players i mean literally bots that run and farm gold all day long.. which for some reason Anet does nothing to prevent.sPvp is the most frustrating thing for honest players and i think being able to que as 3 buddies might reduce the frustration and ensure that 3 players are not bots

sounds amazing and like unbelieve able dream doesnt it ? xD im so fed up with these bots in ranked pvp that im kind of furious about Anet and am just about to quit pvp for good.problem is considering how dry ranked pvp is.. and the fact that there are around 85% bots and maybe 15 % actual players..if there will be que as 5 (full team) you will either never find a team to play against (if it will search for another 5 premades group)or you will win every single game because the other team is basically promised to have like 2 bots .it will basically be a 5 v 3 in the best case and if they are less lucky they will have 3 bots and the rest will go afk because its pointless .with 80+% bots in ranked pvp it can already take 7-15 mins to get into a game ..if you ask my opinion i do support 3-5 premades que .. but better solution would be to first get rid of the bots ..the situation is way out of control right now.. ive seen people admit that they are bot and they dont care cause they gonna afk ..ive seen hackers flying on maps.. ive seen change location hacks.. no one even is trying to hide the cheating.. its almost as Anet approve it.

@DogMD.9182 said:

It also guarantees that when people are win trading, their synch queues for throwing don't land on your team, and that's the most important part about having 5 man reenabled.

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

It also guarantees that when people are win trading, their synch queues for throwing don't land on your team, and that's the most important part about having 5 man reenabled.

yeah thres such a big mess in ranked pvp right now.. all together makes this so frustrating

Why not do like others ...

5 vs 54 + 1 random vs 4 + random2 + 2 + 1 random vs 2 + 2 + 1 random5 random vs 5 random

And close in mmr...

Yes sync q would be a problem but to be honest u cant avoid these meme cheaters anyway ...

What should not happen is a leg duo plays stacked vs 4 gold silver mix with 1 plat ...makes no fun for anyone ...

@Raiden The Beast.3016 said:Why not do like others ...

5 vs 54 + 1 random vs 4 + random2 + 2 + 1 random vs 2 + 2 + 1 random5 random vs 5 random

And close in mmr...

Yes sync q would be a problem but to be honest u cant avoid these meme cheaters anyway ...

What should not happen is a leg duo plays stacked vs 4 gold silver mix with 1 plat ...makes no fun for anyone ...

nicew in theory but in reality there are not enough players in ranked pvp.. mostly bots. so if you que as 5.you are not likely to find 5 actual players who would que together

@noiwk.2760 said:

@Raiden The Beast.3016 said:Why not do like others ...

And close in mmr...

nicew in theory but in reality there are not enough players in ranked pvp.. mostly bots. so if you que as 5.you are not likely to find 5 actual players who would que together

And playerbase is low bc for example q is a joke ...

If they start to make things better , q experience, frequent bala, game modes, ...

More people would play ...

Dont shift around the issues, this will not help. But dead game anyway ...

How about no and reducing highly exploited 2 man queue to 1? I know a whole lot love the feeling of ganking pugs with their premade teams while sitting in Discord, but it‘s not fun for the rest and shows 0 skill. Try daily tournaments and see how good you’ll do there against other teams talking on Discord - in the time between tournaments play unranked, it is as simple as that

@snoow.1694 said:How about no and reducing highly exploited 2 man queue to 1? I know a whole lot love the feeling of ganking pugs with their premade teams while sitting in Discord, but it‘s not fun for the rest and shows 0 skill. Try daily tournaments and see how good you’ll do there against other teams talking on Discord - in the time between tournaments play unranked, it is as simple as that

Lets be real, I do AT's but an AT occurs every 3 hours and you get 4-5 games in max. This is hardly a solution to playing w/ friends to enhance an sPvP experience ruined by bots and pugs that you don't want to play with. Every top MOBA like league, DOTA, and even HoTS for that matter allow you to que 5 against friends and the ladder is fine. The top players end up at the top and the bronzies will be bronzies but at least the top players don't have to play w/ the bronzies that get matched w/ them.

Teams are just the people taken from those who are searching and then the matchmaker tries to make it even. If you have a team of all good players they will stomp random teams easily as those random players are from different skill levels. Then there's the advantages of communication and playing together that a full team has. Full teams are supposed to go to tournaments or have custom games against other full teams.

I for 1 expirence pvp here in its prime back when we had 5 man q and I tell you what it was the most fun pvp was in this game. Beating a 5 stack as 4 +1 felt amazing, havimg control on what team mates you get was so much less frustrating, not having bots was a blesing and the best part enjoying the company of more than 1 friend was the best.

Sadly now I mostly play by myself wgo knew that an mmo playing alone was mostly force on you. Why even make friends in pvp when you cant even play with more than 1 at a time?

@ParanoidKami.2867 said:Teams are just the people taken from those who are searching and then the matchmaker tries to make it even. If you have a team of all good players they will stomp random teams easily as those random players are from different skill levels. Then there's the advantages of communication and playing together that a full team has. Full teams are supposed to go to tournaments or have custom games against other full teams.

Anybody is open to make a group and play w/ their friends w/ or without comms. It's not like you have to do anything special to right click and press create party w/ whoever you want. Everyone is on an even playing field and if you choose not to take advantage, thats entirely your problem. Right now, we're being forced to play w/ people we don't want to and being punished for it, and ultimately, that's breeding the toxicity towards other teammates in games + negative rep for the sPvP community.

@Exile.8160 said:I for 1 expirence pvp here in its prime back when we had 5 man q and I tell you what it was the most fun pvp was in this game. Beating a 5 stack as 4 +1 felt amazing, havimg control on what team mates you get was so much less frustrating, not having bots was a blesing and the best part enjoying the company of more than 1 friend was the best.

Sadly now I mostly play by myself wgo knew that an mmo playing alone was mostly force on you. Why even make friends in pvp when you cant even play with more than 1 at a time?

Exactly, theres nothing more fun than climbing a ranked ladder w/ your friends in hand. Every other PvP game (WoW arenas, DOTA, league, CSGO etc.) allows you to do this, only GW2 doesn't.

@DogMD.9182 said:

@ParanoidKami.2867 said:Teams are just the people taken from those who are searching and then the matchmaker
tries
to make it even. If you have a team of all good players they will stomp random teams easily as those random players are from different skill levels. Then there's the advantages of communication and playing together that a full team has. Full teams are supposed to go to tournaments or have custom games against other full teams.

Anybody is open to make a group and play w/ their friends w/ or without comms. It's not like you have to do anything special to right click and press create party w/ whoever you want. Everyone is on an even playing field and if you choose not to take advantage, thats entirely your problem. Right now, we're being forced to play w/ people we don't want to and being punished for it, and ultimately, that's breeding the toxicity towards other teammates in games + negative rep for the sPvP community.

But you already can play with your friends. Just make a custom match and 5v5 with another team or play in a tournament. I already addressed this in my post you quoted.

@ParanoidKami.2867 said:

@ParanoidKami.2867 said:Teams are just the people taken from those who are searching and then the matchmaker
tries
to make it even. If you have a team of all good players they will stomp random teams easily as those random players are from different skill levels. Then there's the advantages of communication and playing together that a full team has. Full teams are supposed to go to tournaments or have custom games against other full teams.

But you already can play with your friends. Just make a custom match and 5v5 with another team or play in a tournament. I already addressed this in my post you quoted.

Yes and I also replied that you should specifically be allowed to play RANKED with 5 and experience a meaningful reward (as in ELO, leaderboard rankings) based experience with people who aren’t going to ruin it for you

we used to have teams, and they even lost more than they won, but a bunch of Dunning Kruger solo queue players voted them out because they thought it was the only thing keeping them from legend rank.

needless to say, they are all still complaining about matchmaking being unfair, and are still not legend rank.

goes to show, you let clowns vote, you end up with a circus.

we used to have that. after release we had tournaments that needed a gem/ticket buy-in. then we had 1-5 man team queue (solo queue was really only solo queue) and in HoT we had 3-5 man team queue with a team ladder which i liked a lot.

i would like it to come back as a test and see how it is. not because i'm concerned about matchmaking, i wasn't either in the past, but because it feels like most pvp players all hate each other, let alone have enough friends to actually play team queue.

@Master Ketsu.4569 said:This has been explained many times in the past. The population that loves 5-man is simply not big enough to sustain 5-man as a queue option. AT participation is already low enough as it is. And if you made ranked 5-man only , you would actually alienate far more players than those who would come back.

Well, forget them, they can play unranked.Ranked should be competitive.5-man queue lets go.

Just give is a full teamQ. And let people there play against only full teams as well. They will watch the imbalance, the waiting times, the incredible matchmaking and after one season, everybody will embrace soloQ. Easy.

We should not dispute this between the playerbase. Anet should give it to us and we can determine what is actually better.

@Megametzler.5729 said:Just give is a full teamQ. And let people there play against only full teams as well. They will watch the imbalance, the waiting times, the incredible matchmaking and after one season, everybody will embrace soloQ. Easy.

We should not dispute this between the playerbase. Anet should give it to us and we can determine what is actually better.

Fair point/perspective but I'd take long (5-10 min) matchmaking times any day over losing because of playing with Gold tiers who just got their build off of metabattle.. I can play guitar/roam in WvW during that time etc, doesn't matter. If I lose I want to feel responsible for it.

also, like why do people think teams were hard to form?

we used to play Duo or Trio all the time, and literally just invite good players we had in our matches (from either team) to get 5 man teams.

gave a lot of incentive to not be a toxic player too, because if you did no one wanted to play with you. also meant you could completely avoid bots and afk players ever being on your team, which if the forum is still anything to go by- is something that makes a lot of players unhappy.

perhaps that's a reason most of the pro solo queue players are so toxic. they play alone due to poor social skills. just a theory, a gw2 theory- now clap :tired_face:

@solemn.9608 said:

@"Megametzler.5729" said:Just give is a full teamQ. And let people there play against only full teams as well. They will watch the imbalance, the waiting times, the incredible matchmaking and after one season, everybody will embrace soloQ. Easy.

Fair point/perspective but I'd take long (5-10 min) matchmaking times any day over losing because of playing with Gold tiers who just got their build off of metabattle.. I can play guitar/roam in WvW during that time etc, doesn't matter. If I lose I want to feel responsible for it.

And that is why we should be given the option! Anets point "too few people for separate queues" doesn't really hold because they never tried it - and maybe there will actually be people who come back for either mode? It just has to be communicated with the community that it might mean some longer queue times, and revert it back if that should prove to be true.

I think they're just lazy.