Would you like to have one ONLINE GEM Store option added?

I don't know if it would be possible, or what might be involved in making it work but I like the idea. I often travel for work (during normal years anyway) and my family don't live nearby so I'm often away seeing them too. Between the two it's not uncommon for me to miss short sales. GW2 isn't as bad as some games, but it still happens. It would be nice to be able to buy stuff through the website for the times when I can't get into the game.

That would be very much to Anet's advantage.I have often had periods where I couldn't play, for technical reasons, vacations or other reasons. Most of the time during the holidays where most of the special offers come in. In the beginning I asked friends if they could buy me things and I would transfer the money to them, but at some point I didn't care.In the meantime I personally would not invest a cent more in Anet. But in the past this would have motivated me to buy more, because it is much more convenient.

@Vavume.8065 said:Yes do it, and add every single gem store item into it, so that I can buy anything at anytime, I cannot stand the stock rotation thing, and yeah, yeah, I know why they do it.

100% yes to this! Using the gem store in game is so unbearably slow and I’m STILL impatiently waiting for them to add the Ritualist outfit and the Dark Monarch Skyscale skin...

@Danikat.8537 said:I don't know if it would be possible, or what might be involved in making it work but I like the idea. I often travel for work (during normal years anyway) and my family don't live nearby so I'm often away seeing them too. Between the two it's not uncommon for me to miss short sales. GW2 isn't as bad as some games, but it still happens. It would be nice to be able to buy stuff through the website for the times when I can't get into the game.

Like me who next week will be without PC for around 2-3 weeks and wont be able to log and in my place there no cyber who has GW2, so meanwhile if they come with good sale and promotions( like i'm waiting for char slot, and living world seasons) i wont be able to buy :( meaning.. less cash for a.net because I wont be paying 800 gems for a character slot cuz I think its expensive. In my opinion 700 would be the average price.Not to mention that is much more convenient and faster we do our purchasing online and receive in game, Online shops and Stores tend to be much faster connection than in game.

PS: This is an ALTERNATIVE choice for those who have conncetion issues, little time to play the game and etc... so yes i think it would be a GREAT HELP not only for players but also for a.net finances $$$.

ANET gets more sales by having certain items available periodically instead of all the time.

I know it sounds like it would be the opposite, but Disney has been doing it for years with their movies. They rotate which movies are produced and people rush to buy them because they don't know when it will be out again. If it were always available, parents would say "No" more often than "Yes." It's an interesting business model that I studied once, it's called the Disney Vault https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disney_Vault

@"Game of Bones.8975" said:ANET gets more sales by having certain items available periodically instead of all the time.

I know it sounds like it would be the opposite, but Disney has been doing it for years with their movies. They rotate which movies are produced and people rush to buy them because they don't know when it will be out again. If it were always available, parents would say "No" more often than "Yes." It's an interesting business model that I studied once, it's called the Disney Vault https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disney_Vault

Don think the OP said for everything to be there all the time, just that they wanted to be able to buy currently avaliably things from an online store without having to boot up the game.

So same limitation as now just buy in game or online store.

@Linken.6345 said:

@"Game of Bones.8975" said:ANET gets more sales by having certain items available periodically instead of all the time.

I know it sounds like it would be the opposite, but Disney has been doing it for years with their movies. They rotate which movies are produced and people rush to buy them because they don't know when it will be out again. If it were always available, parents would say "No" more often than "Yes." It's an interesting business model that I studied once, it's called the Disney Vault

Don think the OP said for everything to be there all the time, just that they wanted to be able to buy currently avaliably things from an online store without having to boot up the game.

So same limitation as now just buy in game or online store.

When I voted and replied I was imagining it would be exactly the same as what's currently on the gem store, the only difference is you'd be able to buy it through a web browser instead of having to be logged into the game. Since the gem store is already a web browser built into the game maybe it could even use the same site, just accessed differently.

@White Kitsunee.4620 said:Bad for optics I think. Gem store already isn't a popular topic but this may fling it overboard if there's a mobile app for it.

But if it comes packaged in an actual GW2 companion app I think it would be fine.

It doesn't have to be a big thing, or a seperate site/program. It could be a new tab added to the existing Shop tab on the main site, where the game and merchandise is advertised.

Besides they already advertise new and returning gem store items on the main site, on Facebook and Twitter and sometimes via email, so I don't think they're too worried about scaring players off by admitting the gem store exists.

@kharmin.7683 said:Which, again, would deter people from logging in to the game.

And what would be the problem?If you have PC problems or are away, you can't log in anyway. The only thing that does is that Anet makes less sales.

And why would an online store generally make people log in less?Wouldn't most people rather log in because it's useless to buy things and then not use them in the game?

If people don't log in, then Anet can't brag about the number of players in-game...oh, wait.

Yeah, I don't see an online store as deterring people. If anything, they could make $$$ off people who are NOT logging in. How is that bad? I'm talking about the OP's suggestion, not a mobile app that would do potentially more.

Example: I'm a "one game at a time" kinda guy, and right now it is GW2. I still receive notifications from Path of Exile that items I picked are now on sale in their version of the gem store. It hasn't enticed me to buy them or to log into that game, but if I was active in that game, I would undoubtedly do both.