Infinite teleport to friend.

Silvia.9130

Why does it have such a long cool down? Wouldn't it have been better to add a fee per use, like for the salvage kits?

Edit: another idea would be to make like 5 teleports and then one hour cool down, so that this map completion exploits people mentioned would be crippled but not everyone else?

@Linken.6345 said:I think people were useing it to map complete release fast before they cool down timer.

But still... they needed people to get to each spot, was that really convenient?The only real reasons I can see for the cool down are that people could have been using it to not pay waypoint fees and to not make the LS teleport scrolls totally useless, but still... a 1h cool down that doesn't even run out while you play that character seems excessive.Like... if I use it the previous evening right before logging out, how can the cool down be still there the next afternoon?

@Silvia.9130 said:

@Linken.6345 said:I think people were useing it to map complete release fast before they cool down timer.

But still... they needed people to get to each spot, was that really convenient?The only real reasons I can see for the cool down are that people could have been using it to not pay waypoint fees and to not make the LS teleport scrolls totally useless, but still... a 1h cool down that doesn't even run out while you play that character seems excessive.Like... if I use it the previous evening right before logging out, how can the cool down be still there the next afternoon?

Yea I agree with that a account bound10 min cd that tick down online or offline would have been enough.

@Friday.7864 said:People abused it too much to complete maps super fast.I still think 1 hour is way too extreme so I decided not to buy it because of that.15 minutes would be reasonable enough for me to get it I guess.

But how do people abuse it?Do they have infinite accounts where one character is in one spot and they have several clients open at the same time?As far as I know this is a 10€ item. How extreme can this abuse be, that you can't expect any advantages from a gemstore item?

In the end I don't care, because I generally don't see any advantage in them. And from one point on you get thrown with it anyway.I'm only interested in how people abuse it and why Anet punishes everyone again instead of those who do it massively (where I doubt it's more than all those AFK farmers that people in the forum complain about alot).

@Fuchslein.8639 said:

@Friday.7864 said:People abused it too much to complete maps super fast.I still think 1 hour is way too extreme so I decided not to buy it because of that.15 minutes would be reasonable enough for me to get it I guess.

But how do people abuse it?Do they have infinite accounts where one character is in one spot and they have several clients open at the same time?As far as I know this is a 10€ item. How extreme can this abuse be, that you can't expect any advantages from a gemstore item?

In the end I don't care, because I generally don't see any advantage in them. And from one point on you get thrown with it anyway.I'm only interested in how people abuse it and why Anet punishes everyone again instead of those who do it massively (where I doubt it's more than all those AFK farmers that people in the forum complain about alot).

I wonder the same. Besides, all the extra loading screens you'd get from teleporting from each heart to heart to poi to vista and so on, now that there are mounts, is that really making it faster and not slower?

I'm pretty sure that a silver fee per each teleport would have solved exploit issues without damaging as badly other players who'd use it in a more... sober(?) way....

@Nazarick.9653 said:

@Blude.6812 said:The only thing stopping me from buying the infinite one is the ridiculous cool down time and not ticking down when off line.

Until the next time you miss the start of a meta due to 3 loading screens. Or because the map became full during the first one.(I swear by mine for that very reason)

I never had that happen to me. Many ways to get to a meta on time.

@Blude.6812 said:

@Blude.6812 said:The only thing stopping me from buying the infinite one is the ridiculous cool down time and not ticking down when off line.

Until the next time you miss the start of a meta due to 3 loading screens. Or because the map became full during the first one.(I swear by mine for that very reason)

I never had that happen to me. Many ways to get to a meta on time.

Not if it is a last second decision and you really feel like to play an alt with barely any maps :P

@Fuchslein.8639 said:

Can always make a map completion squad with some rules or organize it with a guild/friends. Many people also have several accounts to make it easier.Orr has no hearts for example, technically you could complete that map over and over with new lvl 2 characters. Porting around within the same map doesn't take nearly as much time as loading a new map.That's just what I can personally think of. Who knows what those hardcore farmers were doing with a few dozen characters in one account and whatnot.

@Friday.7864 said:

Can always make a map completion squad with some rules or organize it with a guild/friends. Many people also have several accounts to make it easier.Orr has no hearts for example, technically you could complete that map over and over with new lvl 2 characters. Porting around within the same map doesn't take nearly as much time as loading a new map.That's just what I can personally think of. Who knows what those hardcore farmers were doing with a few dozen characters in one account and whatnot.

So perhaps it really like this. Instead of making a little effort and punishing the people who overdid it with double-tripple-xyz-accounts and so, they prefer to punish everyone. But it all brings money ...

I hope for those who bought it that they wrote to the support after the change and kept bugging them until they got a refund.It happened to me once with an item that had a wrong description in German, for a week. I complained about it and in the end I was even allowed to keep the item + Gems back.Of course I don't know how it looks like when you have something for a very long time. But just the fact that people were annoying anet would be enough.