Are Macros ok?

Silverstone.4539

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anet's policy:https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/352/policy-third-party-programs-multi-boxing-macros#latest

In short:"MacrosGuild Wars 2 players are permitted to use macros as long as the macros are programmed with a one-to-one function protocol. This means the following:

1. If you program a macro, it must require one keystroke per action. You may not program a single key to perform multiple functions. For example, if you Press A and it results in the casting of a single skill, you're ok. If you Press A and it casts multiple spells, you're not ok.
  2. You cannot program a macro to perform the same or multiple actions on more than one account at a time.
  3. You cannot program an "auto-clicker" macro that, for instance, opens chests while you play elsewhere, or that opens a quantity of chests with a single click.
  4. NOTE: We make an exception for macros used for music composition or musical performances. As long as a player employs such a macro solely for the performance of in-game music, we do not place restrictions on its use."

Hello,

As stated in that thread, Macros in the sense of "I click one button, and my whole attack rotation is automatically cast" are forbidden.

@"Gaile Gray.6029" said:

Macros

Guild Wars 2 players are permitted to use macros as long as the macros are programmed with a one-to-one function protocol. This means the following:

• If you program a macro, it must require one keystroke per action. You may not program a single key to perform multiple functions. For example, if you Press A and it results in the casting of a single skill, you're ok. If you Press A and it casts multiple spells, you're not ok.
  • You cannot program a macro to perform the same or multiple actions on more than one account at a time.
  • You cannot program an "auto-clicker" macro that, for instance, opens chests while you play elsewhere, or that opens a quantity of chests with a single click.NOTE: We make an exception for macros used for music composition or musical performances. As long as a player employs such a macro solely for the performance of in-game music, we do not place restrictions on its use.

Now, a french famous stateman, Richelieu, had those words of wisdom :

To make a rule, and not have it executed, is an endorsement of what one wanted to forbid.

As Armand Jean du Plessis de Richelieu is not an ANet's affiliate, use that last quote cautiously.

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/351/how-to-report-cheaters-or-exploiters#latest

"If you come across a player you believe is cheating or exploiting Guild Wars 2, you are welcome to report them using the in-game report system.

1. Select their character name in chat or their character in game.
  2. Right click, and choose "Report."
  3. Choose "Botting" from the drop-down menu.

As an alternative, you may e-mail your report to the following address: Exploits@Arena.Net. Note: This address is not for general purposes and should be used only to report suspected cheating or exploiting. Please note that we generally do not reply to e-mails send to this address, but we do review all reports.

If you need direct assistance, please contact our customer support team by clicking "Support" at the top of this page, then "Submit a Ticket" to request assistance."

@ArmageddonAsh.6430 said:The problem is NOTHING will ever be done about it. Look at the times where players have shown proof of people hacking and cheating and its the person that SHOWS it that gets into trouble...

Speaking from personal experiences. This guy is completely correct. You get punished, while the cheater laughs and continues to cheat. It's awesome how that works right?

@Reaper Alim.4176 said:

@ArmageddonAsh.6430 said:The problem is NOTHING will ever be done about it. Look at the times where players have shown proof of people hacking and cheating and its the person that SHOWS it that gets into trouble...

Speaking from personal experiences. This guy is completely correct. You get punished, while the cheater laughs and continues to cheat. It's awesome how that works right?

What did you report and how did you get punished?

@Sobx.1758 said:

You can be punished for "False Reporting" if they don't find anything on the offender.

I got a warning for reporting Sialoquent (A guy everyone and their mother knew that was a speed hacker and even publicly admited it), while he still ran rampant for 6 months until he was finally banned. After that I never bothered reporting cheaters or exploiters even again.

@Blodeuyn.2751 said:Anet's policy:https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/352/policy-third-party-programs-multi-boxing-macros#latest

In short:"MacrosGuild Wars 2 players are permitted to use macros as long as the macros are programmed with a one-to-one function protocol. This means the following:

1. If you program a macro, it must require one keystroke per action. You may not program a single key to perform multiple functions. For example, if you Press A and it results in the casting of a single skill, you're ok. If you Press A and it casts multiple spells, you're not ok.
  2. You cannot program a macro to perform the same or multiple actions on more than one account at a time.
  3. You cannot program an "auto-clicker" macro that, for instance, opens chests while you play elsewhere, or that opens a quantity of chests with a single click.
  4. NOTE: We make an exception for macros used for music composition or musical performances. As long as a player employs such a macro solely for the performance of in-game music, we do not place restrictions on its use."

Interesting I thought it was illegal for key/macro scripts for even music.

@Jeknar.6184 said:

@Sobx.1758 said:

You can be punished for "False Reporting" if they don't find anything on the offender.

I got a warning for reporting Sialoquent (A guy everyone and their mother knew that was a speed hacker and even publicly admited it), while he still ran rampant for 6 months until he was finally banned. After that I never bothered reporting cheaters or exploiters even again.

Yeah how Anet have shown what they think of cheaters and hackers - which seems to be "out of sight, out of mind" i havent bothered, you WILL still people hacking, cheating and such but its pointless reporting them because nothing has happened in the past, nothing has happened now. Maybe if they tried to introduce a Anti-hacking application that has to run alongside the game to make sure people cant use hacking applications and such then it wouldnt be so bad. Its just very little effort on their side to show they actually care and want rid of them.

@Jeknar.6184 said:

@Sobx.1758 said:

Nope I posted a youtube video, of the individual in the act. He was clearly speed and teleport script hacking in Ranked PvP.

ANet gave me a warning that time.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:I do not have the quote but McKenna has noted that one button to one action (i.e. A multi button mouse) is fine.

BUT only one button to one action/skill. As soon as it is one button push to more than one skill, it is against the TOS.

make a macro to perform a macro xD, macroception

btw macro with just one function is key binding, macro itself means several tasks..... the ToS is not rigth IMO, and there no way to control it..

@Blodeuyn.2751 said:Anet's policy:https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/352/policy-third-party-programs-multi-boxing-macros#latest

... and if you don't think they can tell, check out that CoherentUI_Host.exe process that runs when you're playing GW2:"CoherentUI_Host.exe is able to record keyboard and mouse inputs, monitor applications and manipulate other programs. "

@Reaper Alim.4176 said:

@Jeknar.6184 said:

@Sobx.1758 said:

Nope I posted a youtube video, of the individual in the act. He was clearly speed and teleport script hacking in Ranked PvP.

Well, making a video and sending it directly at exploits@arena.net is encouraged and will not result in anything negative for you. Uploading the video to youtube or another platform and naming and shaming the person in public though is against the ToS and will be punished. The same goes for calling out names on the forum, Reddit or elsewhere.

In a sense ANet is the only one who can judge these cases. If you play judge and take some petty revenge by shaming people in public you have to bear the consequences.

@BunjiKugashira.9754 said:

@Jeknar.6184 said:

@Sobx.1758 said:

Well, making a video and sending it directly at exploits@arena.net is encouraged and will not result in anything negative for you. Uploading the video to youtube or another platform and naming and shaming the person in public though is against the ToS and will be punished. The same goes for calling out names on the forum, Reddit or elsewhere.

In a sense ANet is the only one who can judge these cases. If you play judge and take some petty revenge by shaming people in public you have to bear the consequences.

But I didn't play judge. I allowed for others to play judge. By informing them of my match in Ranked PvP. I didn't even have my mic on in this youtube video.

@Jeknar.6184 said:You can be punished for "False Reporting" if they don't find anything on the offender.

That's not what "false reporting" is, not even close. You cannot get punished for reporting someone you suspect of botting.

False reporting is when you deliberately grief someone by reporting them and encouraging others to do so.

If you suspect macros or script use or any sort of "botting", then report. If you think you have more evidence than ANet is unlikely to see without your help, file a support ticket. And then, move on. ANet might act in a visible way (suspending the account) or invisibly (send them a warning and give them dishonor). They might choose to do nothing immediately and observe, trying to find other people using the same hax. Or they might see it's not someone using a macro, it's just someone who is a lot faster executing rotations than you expect.

Archived