Can we please have more green infusions in the future?

Fenom.9457

I was just looking at the infusions in the game again, as people who have little to no chance of getting the higher ones like myself do lol, and I had the same though I've had before. We have plenty of blue or purple infusions, a number of fiery ones, several red, and so on, but very little green. I know a lot of people may not care but green is my favorite color and the color scheme for my main, so I'm really invested in seeing enough infusions come to the game that would actually match my character instead of making him look like he does now with blue fire, ice skin, ice/winter effects, etc (as cool as those infusions are, no pun intended). Mostly off the top of my head, here's some ideas;

green lightning sparking all over the player's body. Infusion stacking yields a more intense effect with more lightning - this is probably my favorite idea

green particles or 'energy magic' floating around (somewhat like the bauble infusions in intensity and general style, but not cubed to look like it's from a game)

green fire, could even be a recolored ghostly infusion

similarly, fire coming from the user's head? I may or may not be running out of ideas.

Another idea that would work well and satisfy a lot of people would be dyeable infusions. Or at least some of them, anet could pick and choose which like they do with gliders. I know some of them like the winter ones wouldn't work well as another color, but infusions like ghostly or peerless would benefit from this.

@"Smoosh.2718" said:Due to auto moderator removing my post, I'll post it again:

" Ugh... do I have to post this on every single one of these topics...

Give the players an option to disable infusion effects on other players before you add any more into the game!! "

Agreed. It doesn't bother me personally but it can't possibly hurt anyone to add it. Except for loss of ability to show prestige I guess, but it would only be some people turning off the most obnoxious effects, so prestige isn't a good argument

@Vavume.8065 said:I would like to see more infusions that have aura's rather than infusions that change your skin.

THIS, SO MUCH!! Seriously how many fricken skin auras are they gonna add? you can only use one, maybe two, depending on the ones you pick, before they become a garbled mess and you can't tell which ones they are any more. Whereas aura effects always work regardless of the other stuff you have on. I'd like to get as many different infusions as I can to fill all the slots, but there aren't enough aura ones to even do that, especially if you factor out the unattainable ones like chak and confetti. My greatest dream would be a green lightning infusion, but honestly I'll be happy with anything that's not a skin effect.

EDIT: I also wanna gripe a little about how when they finally did add more aura effects, they made them enrichments, which you can only have ONE of! The koda's warmth, otter's blessing, and birthday fireworks would all blend together excellently, but since they're all enrichments, we can never have that dream as a reality. Really bugs me to no end.

@Fenom.9457 said:

Give the players an option to disable infusion effects on other players before you add any more into the game!! "

Agreed. It doesn't bother me personally but it can't possibly hurt anyone to add it. Except for loss of ability to show prestige I guess, but it would only be some people turning off the most obnoxious effects, so prestige isn't a good argument

Nothing is prestige in swinging a credit card for a over expansif ugly glow fest :/

@Fenom.9457 said:

The image i posted, when people stack that very same infusion it creates a FPS drop in the game to anyone who looks at them. Not only is this obnoxious, ugly and blinding but actually impacts your games performance. Should users get the option to never see other users infusions? 100% yes.

Like for instance the poo blue stink lines that everyone and their gran seems to have, not only does this make your character look like it stinks and needs a wash but it begins to add to the visual noise in the game. Some characters you cant even see when they are doing animations due to the obnoxious infusions they stack together.

Then we have the Queen Bee, one of the more annoying audio wise. Infusions need an option to be seen or heard by other players. I'd rather not be blinded or irritated by the constant buzzing from infusions that players decided to put on their characters to intentionally attention seek or annoy other players. Infusions annoy me more than get me excited at 'how cool they are', they should have been subtle and never obnoxious, for instance I am totally fine with the Polysaturating Reverberating Infusion (Gray) which i do use, its really subtle but creates a 'bold' look without being in your face:Polysaturating_Reverberating_Infusion_%2

What I really want is an option to disable everyone elses infusions bar my own, then users can enjoy the game without having to see obnoxious blinding effects other players purposely put on with the intention of annoying others.

Will this change ever be made? probably in 3 years time perhapse.

The purple infusion with 9 agony resistance and 5 condition damage has basically ruined the look of my character. I can't turn it off and I'm not willing to give up the modest benefit so now I have a ridiculous character that just looks like a blue outline of an asura.

@Makuragee.3058 said:

Nothing is prestige in swinging a credit card for a over expansif ugly glow fest :/

I meant if you earn it, you'd have to spend thousands of dollars just to get a few of the high end ones, I doubt many people do that. Even if they do, the point that people get this stuff to show off still stands, but like I said it isn't valid enough to mean there shouldn't be an option to turn others' visuals off

@Fenom.9457 said:I meant if you earn it, you'd have to spend thousands of dollars just to get a few of the high end ones, I doubt many people do that. Even if they do, the point that people get this stuff to show off still stands, but like I said it isn't valid enough to mean there shouldn't be an option to turn others' visuals off

Sadly Prestiege means nothing anymore, since there are some market flippers and other players who have gained thousands of gold to buy up anything they want whenever they want.Some of the richest players have over 100,000 gold. To me the effects should have only been allowed on legendary weapons and armour and never this infusion thing.

If someone has a cool weapon or armour combination ( not outfits i never look at people with those on ) That I apreciate, a good armour combination is a thumbs up in my books, weapons too, to an extent. As for infusions, they always give me the same reaction as outfits 'ugh... another one'. But i guess people see 'the big thing' in different things.