WvW Banners — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home WvW

WvW Banners

Menzo.2185Menzo.2185 Member ✭✭✭
edited November 18, 2020 in WvW

"World vs. World
Tactic banners (Dragon Banner, Centaur Banner, Turtle Banner) are now restricted to the general area around the objective they are spawned in. Leaving the objective area while carrying a tactic banner will display a warning message, and failing to return to the objective area within the allocated time will destroy the banner."

Who came up with this dumb idea?
It is the worst idea you could have had. You could nerf the dmg, you could restrict the number of banners/BL, you could have reduced the time from 15 to 10min and you could even have rework all the banners skills. But restrict the usage to the general area around the objective they are spawned in to, is the worst idea of the worst ideas. Why dont u remove it from the game... something that has been around here for 8 years?

I HATE IT!!!!!! PLEASE, turn back this decision!

**For those who loved this !@#! idea, please go play other games. Stop whining!!! Just dodge! Block! Don't stand in red circle. And please stop trolling Anet by making them believe that the majority of WvW players really want this dumb changes. Mounts are great, Glider too, Desert BL its one of the best maps. I want flying mounts too. Make this possible, think outside the box.

Comments

• Fat Disgrace.4275Fat Disgrace.4275 Member ✭✭✭✭

Too many troll posts theres days.

• it was a pretty nice and overall healthy change. three-four thieves, warrior, revs etc stacking dragon banners that they ported in from all over the map can be really powering up a yet big group and generates a ton of kills and damage out of nowhere. we had in the past several battles, where you had to deal with 4 dragon banners at once, which simply gets pretty annoying if u are the smaller group that has to cleave through a several times sized enemy group, and additionally gets crossfired constantly not only by rangers, thieves and mesmers that can perfectly hide within those numbers, but also several rouge dragonbanners.

however, now the nerf on the banners dmg that happened before was completely unnecessary. they shoulda done this regionbind way earlier, we asked them on here for quite some time.

• Len.1879Len.1879 Member ✭✭✭

@Menzo.2185 said:
    "World vs. World
    Tactic banners (Dragon Banner, Centaur Banner, Turtle Banner) are now restricted to the general area around the objective they are spawned in. Leaving the objective area while carrying a tactic banner will display a warning message, and failing to return to the objective area within the allocated time will destroy the banner."

Who came up with this dumb idea?
    It is the worst idea you could have had. You could nerf the dmg, you could restrict the number of banners/BL, you could have reduced the time from 15 to 10min and you could even have rework all the banners skills. But restrict the usage to the general area around the objective they are spawned in to, is the worst idea of the worst ideas. Why dont u remove it from the game... something that has been around here for 8 years?

I HATE IT!!!!!! PLEASE, turn back this decision!

For those who loved this !@#! idea, please go play other games. Stop whining!!! Just dodge! Block! Don't stand in red circle. And please stop trolling Anet by making them believe that the majority of WvW players really want this dumb changes. Mounts are great, Glider too, Desert BL its one of the best maps. I want flying mounts too. Make this possible, think outside the box.

My sides.

• hahaha if dodge block dont run in red circles works why are u using it then its obvious they dont work. Nice try maybe its time u play ur class the real way. Good change.

• SweetPotato.7456SweetPotato.7456 Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 18, 2020

when I read the description for the nerf, I feel like
    Morning of battle, Commander said : Move out troops! banner person , too bad you got to stay., watch the lifestocck lol

I think the banner should be restricted to 1 of each type of banner can be on 1 map at anytime, and has a longer cooldown time. (if you really want to nerf it) but i dont think it needs nerf, It is kinda ridiculous you go out to battle and your banner guy cannot be there. Also banner is available for every server, it isn't like it is only for 1 server, so if the server does not know how to bring their banner to battle why you punish the server that wants to have fun or the player who remembers to bring them.

It is also my thought that in a fight you got to be able to identify the banner guy and snipe them! Cos once you down them the bearer, the banner is gone, same like if you snipe a commander, if they die, your troops has to return to base if you haven't a second in charge to take over.

It all boils down to good commanding and play, so, back to the question of why was the banner nerf when it is not broken. Same like the inventory buttons, it wasn't broken, and it was some how changed, wasted time when these time can be manage better to do and work on something else.|

Edit: if you really really want to nerf the banner, it could also be done this way - only the Keep can have Dragon banner install , outer tower (south tower on boderland) turtle banner only, inner tower (north tower on borderland) Centaur Banner only, problem solved.

• Spartacus.3192Spartacus.3192 Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 18, 2020

@Menzo.2185 said:
    Mounts are great. Desert BL its one of the best maps.

LOL.....wish you had posted this at the top. Would have saved me having to read the entire post. LMAO

• Menzo.2185Menzo.2185 Member ✭✭✭

My irritation is not with the restriction itself, it is with the fact that Anet keep hears the whining of some and changes the design of an excellent game to please those who only know how to complain about new implementations. If we listen the whiners, we would not have the mounts, the glide, not even the desert map. Anet need to separate what needs to be done from what is just a child complaint.

• Dawdler.8521Dawdler.8521 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Menzo.2185 said:
    Anet need to separate what needs to be done from what is just a child complaint.

... so they restricted the area you can use the banner instead of deleting it...

gaggle - /ˈɡaɡ(ə)l/ - noun
    A disorderly group of Asura.
    "The gaggle of Asura tried to agree on whether a phase-shifted thermonuclear energy matrix was sufficiently powerful for a device capable of heating bread"

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@Menzo.2185 said:
    Anet need to separate what needs to be done from what is just a child complaint.

... so they restricted the area you can use the banner instead of deleting it...

Bad design. Nerfing its away better.

And the CharrCAR??? Restrict it to the area too, it would be a bad design, right? But why not?

• Balthazzarr.1349Balthazzarr.1349 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Menzo.2185 said:
    And the CharrCAR??? Restrict it to the area too, it would be a bad design, right? But why not?

The charr car is pretty much window dressing. A simple toy that’s easy to destroy and gives zero help to anything.

Multiple dragon banners in a group, on the other hand, is a pain. One is also really nothing to care about, but I’ve seen many times where there were 3 or 4 in an opposing group. Now THAT is called planning, and good on them for doing it. But it’s nasty to deal with.

I’m glad they are now restricted to the structure.

Just another WvW lifer who'll never say die... while dying again and again!

Where's ArcDPS from Anet? Where's a bigger n more visible target arrow in the middle of battles? Where's a bigger mouse cursor; not yolo mouse? Where's the restriction on all tactics to only people with a guild tag and/or some higher wvw rank? Where are Flying Mounts, Shield Dome over the Towers and Keeps, Flying Mounted Veterans Defending the area; all the new and good PvE implementations? Where are the new WvW maps, bigger n better; or at least 1 new per year? Why we still have POI n Vistas on WvW? Where the Guild Leaderboard Rank to encourage guilds to play PPK n PPT more? I only see dumb things being done, according to minorities or some streamers with personal and bad ideas of what its good to this game.

New World n Ashes of Creation is coming!!!! Make this game great again. PLEASE Anet!

A simple toy that’s easy to destroy and gives zero help to anything.

Hahahahaha... Like golems, right?

• Balthazzarr.1349Balthazzarr.1349 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 18, 2020

@Menzo.2185 said:

Golems can at least take down gates or walls decently. Although the car can do that too, its damage is tiny and slow. They are much easier to kill solo than golems... but I kill golems too.

Just another WvW lifer who'll never say die... while dying again and again!

• God.2708God.2708 Member ✭✭✭

@Balthazzarr.1349 said:

@Menzo.2185 said:

Golems can at least take down gates or walls decently. Although the car can do that too, its damage is tiny and slow. They are much easier to kill solo than golems... but I kill golems too.

I do actually recall a somewhat funny instance of up levels abusing certain stat increase mechanics (like empowered allies) on top of quickness and alacrity. It allowed the charr car to kill a t3 wall in less than a minute. I can't find the video right now though... unfortunate.

• ArchonWing.9480ArchonWing.9480 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Menzo.2185 said:
    My irritation is not with the restriction itself, it is with the fact that Anet keep hears the whining of some and changes the design of an excellent game to please those who only know how to complain about new implementations. If we listen the whiners, we would not have the mounts, the glide, not even the desert map. Anet need to separate what needs to be done from what is just a child complaint.

They make like 3 changes every few months. There's no "hearing".

• Strider Pj.2193Strider Pj.2193 Member ✭✭✭✭

@ArchonWing.9480 said:

@Menzo.2185 said:

They make like 3 changes every few months. There's no "hearing".

So., you are ‘averaging’ right? 🥴

Thank You for the {MEME}

• kamikharzeeh.8016kamikharzeeh.8016 Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 18, 2020

@Menzo.2185 said:
    Where's ArcDPS from Anet? Where's a bigger n more visible target arrow in the middle of battles? Where's a bigger mouse cursor; not yolo mouse? Where's the restriction on all tactics to only people with a guild tag and/or some higher wvw rank? Where are Flying Mounts, Shield Dome over the Towers and Keeps, Flying Mounted Veterans Defending the area; all the new and good PvE implementations? Where are the new WvW maps, bigger n better; or at least 1 new per year? Why we still have POI n Vistas on WvW? Where the Guild Leaderboard Rank to encourage guilds to play PPK n PPT more? I only see dumb things being done, according to minorities or some streamers with personal and bad ideas of what its good to this game.

New World n Ashes of Creation is coming!!!! Make this game great again. PLEASE Anet!

man u mix up so much stuff in disorder...

• the FPS and lags and disconnects are yet big enough for many people. having a built in-arcDps would make the game likely go fully pepega during battles.

• u cannot restrict guild only (u technically can with unboxing no global activation, but i am not telling you that u can do that) activation or high ranks really. can be a new account of a older player and who decides about the rank really? also there is enough trolls that are not on a new char, ergo having the needed rank likely.

• shield dome over towers is technically an okayish idea

• but flying veterans isn't that nice, the npc-guards would need to get cut to 1/3 of their current numbers if u make them stronger, i think they'd distrub players otherwise too much. also classes like ranger, thief, mesmer, engi with stealth/invisiblilty can abuse stronger mobs with non-better ai too much.

• flying mounts are absolute crazy, impossible for Wvw. people would find too many ways to cheese jumping into objectives with that, even if it'd be just a useless glide-kind of flying mount. it's yet not great that we have mounts, but last thing i'd want to see is more of them..

guilds or fighting performance isn't encouraged, leaderbords exist at gw2mists .de for example yet...

also, while u are technically correct that u CAN dodge banners often: it gets really hard when there's more then 2 banner roads within a limited space area. also, just because you can, doesn't mean the other 20 ppl next to you can. no idea why, but many people completely miss the roadfields for several seconds and by then it is too late.

• allshallperish.4620allshallperish.4620 Member ✭✭
    edited November 19, 2020

nice troll OP, u nearly had me. p.s great change to the banners took them long enough to make this happen, the damage on centaur/dragon still needs toning down other than that much better. They should never of implemented them in the first place, GG CMC though an actual god

• aspirine.6852aspirine.6852 Member ✭✭✭✭

Was a pretty good change to the banners... They were made for defending structures after all..

• Henrik.7560Henrik.7560 Member ✭✭✭

Yes a broken mechanic, that can be stacked and spammed and can do half or more of the squads damage is fair and we should just dodge or block it.

Let us know when you're capable of rolling your face on the keyboard to play scourge, because you seem to be lacking the IQ to even do that.

[eA] Sakura | Anvil Rock

• phreeak.1023phreeak.1023 Member ✭✭✭

Great changes. No more WSR/SFR thiefs coming with 3 banners to a scrim position

• Dawdler.8521Dawdler.8521 Member ✭✭✭✭

@phreeak.1023 said:
    Great changes. No more WSR/SFR thiefs coming with 3 banners to a scrim position

kitten I dont think Anet even thought about that!

Now they need to add at least 3 banner tactivators to the scrim position, they can link it to the camp or something.

gaggle - /ˈɡaɡ(ə)l/ - noun
    A disorderly group of Asura.
    "The gaggle of Asura tried to agree on whether a phase-shifted thermonuclear energy matrix was sufficiently powerful for a device capable of heating bread"