[Guide] The Pumpkin Carver's Guide to Tyria (gw2taco markers & maps) — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home Players Helping Players

[Guide] The Pumpkin Carver's Guide to Tyria (gw2taco markers & maps)

Tiscan.8345Tiscan.8345 Member ✭✭✭
edited October 22, 2017 in Players Helping Players

So, last year I spent way too much time looking for carving pumpkins all around tyria (yeah, I know - there are some maps around on Reddit, over at dulfy, gw2timer.com, etc. - but they pretty much only contain half of the pumpkins that are in the game - for example gw2timer lists 147 and I found roughly 250).

I created a marker file for gw2taco that you can find over on my website. I re-checked most (not all, didn't have that much time (and motivation) yet) of the coordinates and removed a few pumpkins that seem to have been removed since last year (for example it seems like the one near the lobster in LA is gone).

Some of the pumpkins seem to be appearing randomly - for example the one near the entrance to the Almuten Estates is sometimes missing and some in the Mad King's Labyrinth (for example the one south-east of the lich) are disappearing randomly, too.

If you aren't using gw2taco, you can find maps over at imgur: https://imgur.com/a/DJM7z

Maps included:

If you encounter any additional pumpkins (or find locations where pumpkins are missing) feel free to report them here in this thread and i'll add/delete them :smile:

(( If you're using my gw2taco-markers you might have to remove the pumpkin-markers that are included in the gw2taco-Download (the file is called POIs/Festival_Halloween_CarvingPumpkins.xml) or you might end up with some strange results :smiley: ))

Comments

• Alatar.7364Alatar.7364 Member ✭✭✭✭

I mean absolutely no Disrespect, the work is really great, but... wouldn't it be way easier to be just server-hoping Mad Kings Labyrinth? You can get 150 well below one hour this way.

~ I Aear cân ven na mar

• Yes, you can instance-hop on the labyrinth, but the mobs keep aggroing on you. I like Queensdale. Once you learn the route, its' quicker, just need enough chars. Thanks for this!

• Nicely done!

"For the Panini!" // NA (USA)/Ehmry Bay/[EBAY]
    Main characters: Passiflora Dionaea--Lvl 80 Female Sylvari Reaper, Runa Xandrill--Lvl 80 Female Human Dragonhunter

• The map also works if you're basically "done" with the Labyrinth and just want to go around Tyria for the sights. Well done, I say!

• Ayakaru.6583Ayakaru.6583 Member ✭✭✭✭

I found queensdale very nice. Start at the little farm north west, and follow the farms along the river, past the graveyard, to the barracks, until you end up in the lumberjack post.

I used to start at the lumberjack post but lately it seems to be under attack by skritt 24/7

To defeat the dragons, see the good in them.
    Zhaitan reunites lost ones, primordus creates fertile land, mordremoth spreads the green, and jormag..
    ..jormag? Who's that?

• Zhaid Zhem.6508Zhaid Zhem.6508 Member ✭✭✭✭

Old thread but I think it could help some people here.

• I'd like to roam and enjoy the scenery of the overworld to carve pumpkins for a change. Thanks for this!

• Tiscan.8345Tiscan.8345 Member ✭✭✭

Btw. I did a few quick checks and it seems like the maps are pretty much "up-to-date" and are still useable.

• Aerinndis.2730Aerinndis.2730 Member ✭✭✭

Thanks for the hard work! This is definitely helpful for folks.

• Ayrilana.1396Ayrilana.1396 Member ✭✭✭✭

I personally found doing 3-4 rounds of the lab to be the quickest. Just hop to another map instance once you’ve gotten all the ones in your current one. Takes maybe 30 min to complete at just a guesstimate as I wasn’t tracking time.

• Thanking you! Enjoying roaming with Intent!

• I dont normally necro anything but I feel this is a special case for any players that have had their fill of LAB atm.