Stop calling 1000g weapon sets content — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home Living World

Stop calling 1000g weapon sets content

Jilora.9524Jilora.9524 Member ✭✭✭✭
edited November 18, 2020 in Living World

Like I have the gold but why would I dump 70+ gold each weapon plus the time gate to acquire the new lodestones. 50 orich ingots 10 ecto per lodestone.
I legit bought the mark and pact black lion entire sets for less then 1000g and you get 14 tickets back like 560g back and you then think hey complete the new set for 20 AP and 12 AGs is somehow worthy of our gold.
I know alot will do these but just another set I'll skip because you think making these new weapons expensive instead of shaft hilt 4g inscription 5 ectos or something reasonable adds to your game. Well it doesn't

WvW band wagoners ruin the game mode just like Karen's ruin these forums.

Comments

• Jilora.9524Jilora.9524 Member ✭✭✭✭

I might of did math wrong and triples the cost but hey don't do math in your head when annoyed

• Vavume.8065Vavume.8065 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 18, 2020

I heard that this set will be upgraded in the future, that maybe a better reason to make them.

• Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Jilora.9524 said:
    Like I have the gold but why would I dump 70+ gold each weapon plus the time gate to acquire the new lodestones.

If only the weapon set(s) looked any good, I would at least feel motivated to get the achievement. But the way they look (plus the things you already mentioned) only makes it an expensive chore and nothing else. :-/

• Vavume.8065Vavume.8065 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@Jilora.9524 said:
    Like I have the gold but why would I dump 70+ gold each weapon plus the time gate to acquire the new lodestones.

If only the weapon set(s) looked any good, I would at least feel motivated to get the achievement. But the way they look (plus the things you already mentioned) only makes it an expensive chore and nothing else. :-/

I agree they don't look good right now, other than the sword which is decent, however as I previously said, if they are upgraded in future they may look much better.

• @Jilora.9524 said:
    Like I have the gold but why would I dump 70+ gold each weapon plus the time gate to acquire the new lodestones. 50 orich ingots 10 ecto per lodestone.
    I legit bought the mark and pact black lion entire sets for less then 1000g and you get 14 tickets back like 560g back and you then think hey complete the new set for 20 AP and 12 AGs is somehow worthy of our gold.
    I know alot will do these but just another set I'll skip because you think making these new weapons expensive instead of shaft hilt 4g inscription 5 ectos or something reasonable adds to your game. Well it doesn't

well what would you use your gold for? goes up and up and no other good way to spend it :cry:

@Fangoth.4503 said:

@Jilora.9524 said:

well what would you use your gold for? goes up and up and no other good way to spend it :cry:

Yeah, and I usually do them until the stormcaller w/e one's were 1000g then I did the math right on this one but in my head was like you need 3 ingots and just was like 1000g again but it's not it's like 350g. I still think 10-12g per weapon or under 200g a set is fair but 350g or 1000g like stormcaller is just a pointless money sink. And I'm good at making gold so I imagine it's worse for others or newer players. I just think they need to tone down the gold sink on these but well see

• Swagger.1459Swagger.1459 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 18, 2020

@Jilora.9524 said:

This is what we call an optional material sink. Material sinks like these are necessary for the game.

• Fangoth.4503Fangoth.4503 Member ✭✭
    edited November 18, 2020

@Astralporing.1957 said:

@Swagger.1459 said:

@Jilora.9524 said:

This is what we call an optional material sink. Material sinks like these are necessary for the game.

It would be far more optional if there wasn't a mastery point locked behind it.

disclaimer: you don't need mastery point behind weapon collection to max masteries
    atm i have only the tengu and i think one in whisper in the dark and still i have 349 with 9 spare mastery point, 1point for party guardian, 7 more are coming through dragon mission and more as there will be some more story chapter/episode/whatever most likely new success too which will cover the 17 point i need to max the mastery

edited November 18, 2020

@Swagger.1459 said:

@Jilora.9524 said:

And the higher you price it more opt out which then asks why and on top most include a MP. These type of sinks bring nothing extra imo. Legendarys and certain things sure. Lets throw a new weapon set together and add massive time gates and material/gold sink. My point is if I who has little issue making gold is skipping these things then the price is just unrealistic for the value of the skins again imo.
    Everything is optional Swagger so that's an easy defense just no need to price out many players for no good reason

• lare.5129lare.5129 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Jilora.9524 said:

yes it not cheap and not for everyone as many other things.

I put 10 g for each and forget about it. After few years I will get it. Want asap ? pay more.

I know alot will do these but just another set I'll skip

it ok. It not needed do all if you don;t want.

Btu remember what 1000g weapon sets is content. Otherwise you should rethink you wait form mmo game at all??

want solid balance ? - play chess.

@Astralporing.1957 said:

@Swagger.1459 said:

@Jilora.9524 said:

Well, there will be lots of options for mastery points. Nobody has to get that one. And the weapons are optional as well... Self imposed issue here.

edited November 19, 2020

@Jilora.9524 said:

@Swagger.1459 said:

@Jilora.9524 said:

And the higher you price it more opt out which then asks why and on top most include a MP. These type of sinks bring nothing extra imo. Legendarys and certain things sure. Lets throw a new weapon set together and add massive time gates and material/gold sink. My point is if I who has little issue making gold is skipping these things then the price is just unrealistic for the value of the skins again imo.
    Everything is optional Swagger so that's an easy defense just no need to price out many players for no good reason

Well you don’t need the weapons. The mp is a just a bonus. There will be plenty of other mps available. Don’t stress out over mp and optional sinks.

What ways would make obtaining the weapons more reasonable for you?

@Swagger.1459 said:

@Jilora.9524 said:

@Swagger.1459 said:

@Jilora.9524 said:

Well you don’t need the weapons. The mp is a just a bonus. There will be plenty of other mps available. Don’t stress out over mp and optional sinks.

What ways would make obtaining the weapons more reasonable for you?

Closer in price to what the old exotic weapon sets. Like Mordant or the Bjora ones with etrite off the top of my head. 8 10 12g type exotics. Still expensive since we salvage of mf them but not this trend of insane mats needed like stormcaller or these w the timegate aren't so bad but still 20g each for exotics again. Then sometimes anet decides we cant mf a few sets that I had sitting in my bank. That's all reasonable gold wise or collection types would work not tied directly to mass amounts of liquid gold.

• Astralporing.1957Astralporing.1957 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Swagger.1459 said:

@Astralporing.1957 said:

@Swagger.1459 said:

Well, there will be lots of options for mastery points. Nobody has to get that one. And the weapons are optional as well... Self imposed issue here.

So far it's far less option than both HoT+LS3 and PoF+LS4 had at this point. IBS is just way, way, way more grindy. Honestly, i wouldn't expect the future LS chapters to suddenly change that.

The whole point of a social game is to play with the people you want to play with, not be forced to play with the people you don't.

• zealex.9410zealex.9410 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Astralporing.1957 said:

@Swagger.1459 said:

@Jilora.9524 said:

Hows the mastery economy now? Do you need all previous masteries in Ibs to max out the ibs trees?

• Manasa Devi.7958Manasa Devi.7958 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 19, 2020

I'm not interested in the dragon slayer weapons. I don’t care about the skins, and I don’t care about the AP for the collection. Yet the resources needed to craft them play a big part in the reward structure for the new chapter, which is a bit annoying. The prismaticite crystals serve no other purpose (so far), are account bound and have no merchant value. I'm looking forward to the day my material storage runs over and I have to decide whether or not to reserve storage space for the crystals, just in case. Potentially the next hatched chili.

• So it's something you've got to work for but isn't a requirement for anything. Hmmmm, what could be the solution for such problem? If you want to do it, do it, if you don't wanna do it, don't cry about it, forget about it and don't do it.

edited November 19, 2020

@zealex.9410 said:
    Hows the mastery economy now? Do you need all previous masteries in Ibs to max out the ibs trees?

Currently, the purely mathematical situation is like this:
    zone, mastery points required/mastery points available
    Core, 49/83
    HoT, 144/198
    PoF, 110/130
    IBS, 63/58 (although it's actually 46/58 at the moment, since the last 17 points of the newest mastery track are currently locked)

At this moment though we're still 3 episodes short on IBS. The last episode supplied 6 total mastery points (4 easy ones, one locked behind the weapon collection, one behind a challenge that may be problematic for many). if the next 3 chapters all add 6 points each, and no new mastery tracks/tiers, IBS would end at 63/76. Which would put it at a margin comparable to PoF, but worse than for HoT and Core

That is pure math though. It doesn't include things like how easy to get/grindy each mastery point is. In that regard, previous cases had a lot more of low hanging fruit masteries. In IBS the emphasis was shifted far more towards heavy grind/costly/heavily time consuming ones.

Last chapter added more easy masteries though, so hopefully if they will keep it up, this may help. Still, in all previous cases i never really felt the need to wait for new, easy mastery points from future chapters. IBS is the first time i feel that.

And it's due to this that locking mastery points after the 1000g weapon collection feels especially jarring.

The whole point of a social game is to play with the people you want to play with, not be forced to play with the people you don't.

• Friday.7864Friday.7864 Member ✭✭✭

Agreed, this is not content.

• lare.5129lare.5129 Member ✭✭✭✭

may be people who think what 1000-5000g weapon collection it not content make wrong choose when start play mmo games?
    currently play parallel few another mmo projects, and yes, the 1000g weapon collections is a true mmo game content.
    One difference here we get +20 AP, on more games from that collections we have +20 stats, but "mind line" the same as should.

want solid balance ? - play chess.

• Jong.5937Jong.5937 Member ✭✭
    edited November 19, 2020

@Astralporing.1957 said:

@Swagger.1459 said:

@Jilora.9524 said:

@zealex.9410 said:

And it's due to this that locking mastery points after the 1000g weapon collection feels especially jarring.

It seems to me the MP is locked behind crazy RNG or, right now, buying weapons at a total cost, of ~2700g on the TP!

The Dragon Slayer weapons, that I think the OP was talking about, only award 20AP! better to ignore the weapons and keep the (decent) rewards for unlocking the recipes!

• knite.1542knite.1542 Member ✭✭✭

It's not not content. Just not the content that you (and maybe a lot of people) want.

If your team wins it's because of everyone else. If your team loses, blame the thief.
    ranger is OP but holo is more OP so its fine
    Why do this matter at all, you have people asking you why play so bad as fractal god?
    If they would pull that kitten on me, i would sue instantly. And i have enough time and money to finish that.
    Balance? More like a bunch of random nerfs done by interns.

edited November 19, 2020

@Jong.5937 said:

@Astralporing.1957 said:

@Swagger.1459 said:

@Jilora.9524 said:

@zealex.9410 said:

It seems to me the MP is locked behind crazy RNG or, right now, buying weapons at a total cost, right now, of ~2700g on the TP!

The Dragon Slayer weapons, that I think the OP was talking about, only award 20AP! better to ignore the weapons and keep the (decent) rewards for unlocking the recipes!

You are 100 percent correct. The MP is locked behind you getting the volcanic stormcaller weapon box 16 times and seems very rare. I would imagine prices will go down as more drop but some 220g buy orders up there and makes that MP even more illogical being attached to that

• Jong.5937Jong.5937 Member ✭✭
    edited November 19, 2020

Yes, I'm sure the price for those weapons will drop over time. Still, one of the most bonkers ways of handing out mastery points so far! If the weapons box was guaranteed and you needed to do 16 missions (or even if you got 'shards' from each mission and you needed 2x or 3x for a weapon box). But low chance RNG. or the option of straight up buying a 'mastery' point is not good!

edited November 19, 2020

@Astralporing.1957 said:

@zealex.9410 said:

Core, 49/83
    HoT, 144/198
    PoF, 110/130
    IBS, 63/58 (although it's actually 46/58 at the moment, since the last 17 points of the newest mastery track are currently locked)

At this moment though we're still 3 episodes short on IBS. The last episode supplied 6 total mastery points (4 easy ones, one locked behind the weapon collection, one behind a challenge that may be problematic for many). if the next 3 chapters all add 6 points each, and no new mastery tracks/tiers, IBS would end at 63/76. Which would put it at a margin comparable to PoF, but worse than for HoT and Core

That is pure math though. It doesn't include things like how easy to get/grindy each mastery point is. In that regard, previous cases had a lot more of low hanging fruit masteries. In IBS the emphasis was shifted far more towards heavy grind/costly/heavily time consuming ones.

Last chapter added more easy masteries though, so hopefully if they will keep it up, this may help. Still, in all previous cases i never really felt the need to wait for new, easy mastery points from future chapters. IBS is the first time i feel that.

your math is wrong i'm afraid there is 1 mastery point in every single dragon mission so 7 are coming. you can see them but not take them untill the dragon mission is released. Same goes for the point you will earn by completing story line when more is released. Don't forget to include locked mastery poin if you want to compare to locked masteries. Don't let not released content become a tarir 2.0, just chill and wait for it to be released before panicking

• Pifil.5193Pifil.5193 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Vavume.8065 said:
    I heard that this set will be upgraded in the future, that maybe a better reason to make them.

Is that a better reason though?

I mean, for one thing, we've had so many of these upgrade-able sets recently htat for me they've completely lost any value. For another thing, even if they can be upgraded it's quite likely that the upgraded version won't actually require you to craft these. I mean, the Illuminated Boreal Weapons weapons required the earlier Boreal Weapons as one of their components but the Charged Stormcaller ones didn't require the Stormcaller weapons.

If anything the possibility that they'll bring out "better" versions in the future is a good reason to not craft these right now.

edited November 19, 2020

@Fangoth.4503 said:
    your math is wrong i'm afraid there is 1 mastery point in every single dragon mission so 7 are coming. you can see them but not take them untill the dragon mission is released. Same goes for the point you will earn by completing story line when more is released. Don't forget to include locked mastery poin if you want to compare to locked masteries. Don't let not released content become a tarir 2.0, just chill and wait for it to be released before panicking

Fair enough, I sort of assumed those missions will come with later chapters, i forgot we're now on delayed release mode. Still, my point still stands - on all the previous expansions/LS-es i have never felt the need to wait for future releases in order to max out on currently available masteries. I was always able to max out on them before the next content hit (with the only exception being the raid mastery track, but that was not due to the lack of mastery points), and at every single point since ls3 started i was always several mastery points ahead of the available mastery tracks. In IBS i am way, way behind, and so far i have been unable to catch up not even once. That's because the nature of the mastery point achievements changed, there's far less easy ones, and far more grindy/timegated/costly ones. There's already way too much of those kinds of mastery achievements in IBS. We really don't need any more.

• Linken.6345Linken.6345 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Fangoth.4503 said:

@Astralporing.1957 said:

@zealex.9410 said:

Core, 49/83
    HoT, 144/198
    PoF, 110/130

Untrue gandarran field got 2 one insight and one for Shooting Stars achiv.

So its quite possible that later dragon response missions get more then 1 mastery point in them

edited November 20, 2020

so one + success

• LSD.4673LSD.4673 Member ✭✭

Always find it funny people claiming GW2 is special because of the "horizontal progression" instead of the "grind" of other MMOs.
    Yet they seem to keep implementing grindy, progression-less junk like this. Is it just to try and devour a fraction of a fraction of the rampant gold in the economy? Or is this what they think players want? Evidently it's not the latter.

• DKRathalos.9625DKRathalos.9625 Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 22, 2020

@lare.5129 said:
    may be people who think what 1000-5000g weapon collection it not content make wrong choose when start play mmo games?
    currently play parallel few another mmo projects, and yes, the 1000g weapon collections is a true mmo game content.
    One difference here we get +20 AP, on more games from that collections we have +20 stats, but "mind line" the same as should.

IMO it's not the 1000g [weapon collections] I'd say it's 1000g [skin collection] because let's be honest here you are not even gonna use the weapon just take the skin, some of the weapon stat is locked besides Ascended weapon is not that hard to get/craft.

If that amount of money needed that high I might as well just go progressing legendary stuffs which can actually be used, plus comfiness because you can swap rune/sigil/infusion/stat as you like.

@Fangoth.4503 said:

It seems that i probably wasn't wrong after all, and those remaining 7 dragon response missions will be released only with the new chapters of the story.

edited November 25, 2020

@Astralporing.1957 said:

@Fangoth.4503 said:

It seems that i probably wasn't wrong after all, and those remaining 7 dragon response missions will be released only with the new chapters of the story.

same goes for the masteries.
    no IBS, 63/58 is still wrong as you don't take in account how many mastery point will be released whenever the masteries 3 onward are released.
    for the currently available i was able to unlock all with 9 spare mastery points so no need to do weapon collection :)

• @Fueki.4753 said:
    The main problem I have with these collections is that Arenanet locked another mastery point behind these stupidly grindy collections.
    That's just another mastery point I will never get.

That's, actually, the most disappointing thing. The HoT masteries was the best, imo, since they were more about accomplishing. Those ones in Saga are just about "I know how to use TP for making gold, and I also have no other way to spend those money, yay".

edited November 25, 2020

@Fangoth.4503 said:

@Astralporing.1957 said:

@Fangoth.4503 said:

same goes for the masteries.
    no IBS, 63/58 is still wrong as you don't take in account how many mastery point will be released whenever the masteries 3 onward are released.
    for the currently available i was able to unlock all with 9 spare mastery points so no need to do weapon collection :)

I did say that it was at this point, with 3 last episodes (well, in reality 3/4th of the last episode) still unreleased.

To quote again what i said then:

At this moment though we're still 3 episodes short on IBS. The last episode supplied 6 total mastery points (4 easy ones, one locked behind the weapon collection, one behind a challenge that may be problematic for many). if the next 3 chapters all add 6 points each, and no new mastery tracks/tiers, IBS would end at 63/76. Which would put it at a margin comparable to PoF, but worse than for HoT and Core.

Marked the relevant parts for better readability

So, again, currently it is 63/58 (with 17 points out of 63 locked), and, if the last 3 "parts" of the Champions episode also add 6 mastery points each (and there would be no new masteries added), we'll end at 63/76. I don't see where i was wrong with that

• Zok.4956Zok.4956 Member ✭✭✭

@LSD.4673 said:
    Always find it funny people claiming GW2 is special because of the "horizontal progression" instead of the "grind" of other MMOs.
    Yet they seem to keep implementing grindy, progression-less junk like this. Is it just to try and devour a fraction of a fraction of the rampant gold in the economy? Or is this what they think players want? Evidently it's not the latter.

GW2 is special because of the "horizontal progression". Players can be sure that the max level never will be increased and that your "old" gear will never be useless/invalidated.

In a "vertical progression" system, an expansion etc. usually increases the max level and you have to grind for new gear with the higher level stats to be able to success in the new content with the higher max level.

However, every "progression" in an MMO does also mean some kind of "grind" or "challenge" else it would not feel as "progression".

GW2 has a lot of grind, just not for gear with BiS (best in slot) stats.

https://www.gw2gh.com/ - A GW2-Guild-Hall.
    Register and check your guild leaderboard to see who is the best in your guild and who finished achievements first.

• zealex.9410zealex.9410 Member ✭✭✭✭

They added a longterm grind goal with the icebrood infusion last patch. De we really need another one so soon after?

The milking is strong with this one it seems.

• The only thing I feel like is worth adding here is that the Volcanic weapon set currently costs between 2500-3000g. This is content from now on.