I'm a new player. I just got my 1st character to 80. Here are my best next steps as I understand them. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
It seems like if I do that, everything else will take care of itself.
1. Should I jump to HoT to unlock masteries (and get rid of that annoying popup)?
2. At what point should I look at joining a guild?
3. Is it worth joining a guild? I don't know if I'll ever do group content since I almost never have hours to play the game. I'm a self-employed 45-year-old with a family. Large blocks of uninterrupted free time are hard to come by.
4. Did I miss anything? Is there anything else I should be working on?
5. This is just my "learn the game" character. Should I wait until I have a keeper to join a guild?
5.1. If I should wait, what are the easiest group content characters to learn? The idea is to lower the learning curve on the character so I can focus on learning the group content.
Thanks for taking the time to read this. Any help is appreciated.