Snowden Drifts Mastery Point available (?) — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Snowden Drifts Mastery Point available (?)

Hi all.
Does anybody know about a mastery point that shows up in the map, but once you get to the location, it's not there? It's at the top of the boat by the Owl Spirit (near the Owl Waypoint).

Comments

• Loosmaster.8263Loosmaster.8263 Member ✭✭✭✭

It may be part of the new LW Champions that hasn't been released. The current ones are instanced but they still show up in the OW version but you can't interact with it.

Playing the PvE scene because WvW is just "BAD"...

• kharmin.7683kharmin.7683 Member ✭✭✭✭

I am a very casual player.
    Very.
    Casual.

• Fueki.4753Fueki.4753 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 19, 2020

I've seen that mastery point today as well.
    But I just assumed it marked the Owl Spirit, as I was doing that Mastery Point Achievement for the Owl Shaman when I was there.

Arenanet should just make those points available in Open World, if they can't have the symbols appear exclusively in the missions.

• I found another of these visible but unusable mastery points just outside of the CoF dungeon in Fire Hearth Rise.

• Linken.6345Linken.6345 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Moira Shalaar.5620 said:
    I found another of these visible but unusable mastery points just outside of the CoF dungeon in Fire Hearth Rise.

Same here its a yet to be released dragon response mission that will have that mastery of insight.

• Galleron Kurn.7490Galleron Kurn.7490 Member ✭✭
    edited November 20, 2020

I'm well aware of using the search engine, in which I did use and nothing came up. Your link doesn't fully answer my inquiry. Thanks though.

As for the others, thanks for the info. Just seems weird they would release an icon for something we have no access to. Oh well.

• Super Hayes.6890Super Hayes.6890 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Fueki.4753 said:
    I've seen that mastery point today as well.
    But I just assumed it marked the Owl Spirit, as I was doing that Mastery Point Achievement for the Owl Shaman when I was there.

Arenanet should just make those points available in Open World, if they can't have the symbols appear exclusively in the missions.

I think the reason they don't show up in the open world is because they are IBS mastery points. They cannot be made available to FTP accounts. If anything they shouldn't be visible on the core maps at all outside of the instances.

The next time you get angry at someone try walking a mile in their shoes. After that, who cares! You're a mile away and you have their shoes! -Someone with more awesome quotes than me