Debt of Gratitude to ArenaNet and Company

Truth.5279

To ArenaNet Staff,Thanks so much for continuing to produce the game during these perilous and frightening hours. As an avid and longtime player who enjoys Guild Wars 2 very much, and contributes monetarily here and there, and I owe you my appreciation and gratitude. Many of you could probably have walked away a long time ago and not have seriously suffered for it, but your passion drove you forward and now we are seeing unparalleled greatness in Guild Wars 2 storytelling. Please know that whatever the future holds for the game I was there and I stand by your decisions. With Covid19 threatening the ways we work and play, it seems life always finds a way, and so have you. From my heart to yours, thank you.

Well... the pandemic is... everywhere. So..? Anet is not the only gaming company dealing with this. And arguably the gaming industry is benefiting from the pandemic. SPvP was trashed. Limited class balance changes for PvE. The saga, so far, is the worst LW.

I still occasionally play GW2, but no longer sPvP and mostly old content. So, no, Anet gets an F for 2020 performance. The pandemic does not give them a pass or even some credit.

@otto.5684 said:Well... the pandemic is... everywhere. So..? Anet is not the only gaming company dealing with this. And arguably the gaming industry is benefiting from the pandemic. SPvP was trashed. Limited class balance changes for PvE. The saga, so far, is the worst LW.

I still occasionally play GW2, but no longer sPvP and mostly old content. So, no, Anet gets an F for 2020 performance. The pandemic does not give them a pass or even some credit.I kinda feel confused that they dropped everything when there will be the most butts in front of PCs, and I don't think there will be another opportunity like this for free mulla, I get that they are making the expansion but come on man, they are missing out on allot. The Steam release was a good call but they pulled out, probably because of WoW and Cyberpunk, and if they wait to release it after the expansion instead after the hype dies for both games would be a big mistake, since getting your game on the front page of Steam during a pandemic is printing money. Also they don't have Game director, no one is steering the ship, it is kinda amazing what they are pulling off now but it will soon start to unravel.

@Vancho.8750 said:

@otto.5684 said:Well... the pandemic is... everywhere. So..? Anet is not the only gaming company dealing with this. And arguably the gaming industry is benefiting from the pandemic. SPvP was trashed. Limited class balance changes for PvE. The saga, so far, is the worst LW.

I still occasionally play GW2, but no longer sPvP and mostly old content. So, no, Anet gets an F for 2020 performance. The pandemic does not give them a pass or even some credit.I kinda feel confused that they dropped everything when there will be the most butts in front of PCs, and I don't think there will be another opportunity like this for free mulla, I get that they are making the expansion but come on man, they are missing out on allot. The Steam release was a good call but they pulled out, probably because of WoW and Cyberpunk, and if they wait to release it after the expansion instead after the hype dies for both games would be a big mistake, since getting your game on the front page of Steam during a pandemic is printing money. Also they don't have Game director, no one is steering the ship, it is kinda amazing what they are pulling off now but it will soon start to unravel.

I agree that Anet management is performing poorly. But, isn’t that the problem? As a customer I primarily care about quality content. Anet having a game director or not is Anet, not players, issue. They do not get any credit for that. And we clearly are not getting quality content. If there was a hiccup of 2-3 month due to people transitioning to work from home, I get it. But this has been an issue since the layoffs early last year.

They do not get credit for pandemic or lack of game director. And they need to get their act together, otherwise the revenue stream will fall beyond recovery.

Earlier game development was masterful. GW2, as a whole, is one of the best designed open worlds and has great combat, animations and character designs. It would be a shame to waste all the good work done over years cuz the current team lacks vision and leadership.