Immobilize

Tashigi.3159

Can we please just remove this from the game? Or at least address how unbalanced it is when used on classes that rely on dodge to remove the damn condi or the fact that it can be re-applied almost immediately after removing? Or put it higher on priority for condi cleanse.Just do something about it 'cause unless you're playing a specific build/class to counter it, there is 0 fun had fighting against people who build around immobilize.

@CutesySylveon.8290 said:As much as I hate immobilize, the biggest issue are the archaic and buggy roots from Ranger that need to go.

Thats the biggest culprit, but it is specially powerful when you run into a team that can maximize it but also can spam other condis, makes it nearly impossible to get out of the AOE fest. There is minimal counter play in those instances, often times, none.

Immobilize + Cover condis is the single most infuriating thing in this game (to me). If I see a ranger on the enemy team, I will swap to escape runes 100% of the time so I don't get cheesed by Entangle from stealth or an immobilize from the pet.

Entangling Roots are also buggy and some weapons flat out cannot hit them. Condi necro gets destroyed by roots because staff can't hit them (autos miss. marks dont trigger), and scepter takes ages to kill them.

I wouldn't mind immobilize so much if skills that utilized it had better telegraphs, but instead it tends to either proc from traits, or it gets slapped on skills with tells far too light for how powerful the condition is.

Can we please remove posts asking for removal of more and more skills / runes / traits / mechs from pvp? Or at least address how unbalanced it is for players that rely on build diversity vs the fact that a new 'remove/nerf' thread can appear on the forum almost immediately? Give such threads a cooldown of 48 hours to be reapplied again. Just do something about!

@ollbirtan.2915 said:Can we please remove posts asking for removal of more and more skills / runes / traits / mechs from pvp? Or at least address how unbalanced it is for players that rely on build diversity vs the fact that a new 'remove/nerf' thread can appear on the forum almost immediately? Give such threads a cooldown of 48 hours to be reapplied again. Just do something about!

I haven't laughed that hard in a while. You get a thumbs up

@"ollbirtan.2915" said:Can we please remove posts asking for removal of more and more skills / runes / traits / mechs from pvp? Or at least address how unbalanced it is for players that rely on build diversity vs the fact that a new 'remove/nerf' thread can appear on the forum almost immediately? Give such threads a cooldown of 48 hours to be reapplied again. Just do something about!

OP has valid point and yet you come here white knighting it and complaining about people complaining about bad balance.Immobilize should last 1-2s max, unstackable with 4s interval between possible application, any skill that "roots" like Entangle should be deleted from the game, be it trait, rune or skill. It's too buggy, not every class is capable of removing it. On top of that, immobilize is much more potent on condi based builds with so many passive condi applications that can cover that, even more in team based games.

atm.. i think the only class that is really a trouble when comes to Immobilize is ranger..and frankly this is too much... and need addressing asap.. .. druid can Immobilize you for life time.. and you cant even clean it because it puts 5 of them 1 after anotherwith 1 skill.. ranger Immobilize must be nerefed.. infact there should be a big patch for cc .. because they removed stability but didnt touch cc.. cc is so cancer right now..necro fear? ranger Immobilize . tempest instant stun .. spell breaker ?

Immobilize on ranger (esp. druid) is so strong that you have to add every anti soft cc source you can get to be able to fight back. This is the opposite of build diversity. You can literally just play one specialized build to be able to deal with it.

An immob ranger in the opposing team forces me into 2 specific traitlines and 2 specific sigils. Other classes do also need a specific rune. And even then I am pinned down a good amount of the fight.

@"ollbirtan.2915" said:Can we please remove posts asking for removal of more and more skills / runes / traits / mechs from pvp? Or at least address how unbalanced it is for players that rely on build diversity vs the fact that a new 'remove/nerf' thread can appear on the forum almost immediately? Give such threads a cooldown of 48 hours to be reapplied again. Just do something about!

Ye, great build diversity, spam immobilize, roots, dodge, knockback, repeat xD. Can we please remove this kind of whiteknighting posts, or at least give em cooldown of 48h to be reapplied again? Just do something about!

Immobilize on most classes is fine, kinda annoying on tempest, but it is what it is. The problematic one is ranger, especially druid. This spec is so fucking stupid, so often ppl build it so that it does nothing except spamming immobilize. You can go and check eg. https://www.godsofpvp.net/builds/ranger and then read description on druid build:

Very effective in 1v1s and 1vX. Great sustain as well as massive access to immobilise this build is able to lock down players attempting to engage it and eventually cap the node.wow, AMAZING gameplay. Lb4, then immobilize and decap watching enemy burn CDs to get out of roots. Then he gets to the circle and you begin INCREDBILE matchup of immobilize and no damage, cuz u run mender amulet - so basically a draw. And you want gw2 to compete with other MMOs PvP modes xDDD

Ill give u an example of how to deal with things like this one (t=20s):

Tendril, roots enemy, cant be cleansed - you have to kill it (ofc in gw2 we can cleanse, but we all know how it works lol), it has lots of hp, small cooldown, pretty much disables meele classes.Rings a bell? I guess so. You know what big brother Bli$$ard did with it? First, they nerfed it because everyone knew it was ANNOYING. And then they deleted it from the game. And no, thats not because its different MMO, its because this kind of mechanic is just boosted. But I guess our community whiteknights see this as 'build diversity'. Ridiculous.

@Kuma.1503 said:Immobilize + Cover condis is the single most infuriating thing in this game (to me). If I see a ranger on the enemy team, I will swap to escape runes 100% of the time so I don't get cheesed by Entangle from stealth or an immobilize from the pet.

Entangling Roots are also buggy and some weapons flat out cannot hit them. Condi necro gets destroyed by roots because staff can't hit them (autos miss. marks dont trigger), and scepter takes ages to kill them.

I wouldn't mind immobilize so much if skills that utilized it had better telegraphs, but instead it tends to either proc from traits, or it gets slapped on skills with tells far too light for how powerful the condition is.

Are we talking about the same condi core fear cancer spam that can send condis back?

@Arheundel.6451 said:

@Kuma.1503 said:Immobilize + Cover condis is the single most infuriating thing in this game (to me). If I see a ranger on the enemy team, I will swap to escape runes 100% of the time so I don't get cheesed by Entangle from stealth or an immobilize from the pet.

Are we talking about the same condi core fear cancer spam that can send condis back?

this is the worst. im a main necro my self.. and im saying condi necro and its fear must be nerfed !omg.. this endless fear .. and the fear does sooooo much damage !

@noiwk.2760 said:

this is the worst. im a main necro my self.. and im saying condi necro and its fear must be nerfed !omg.. this endless fear .. and the fear does sooooo much damage !

The fear chain is certainly in the same ballpark of annoyance of immobilize chain

@Arheundel.6451 said:

The fear chain is certainly in the same ballpark of annoyance of immobilize chain

and the fear does damage like burning with that stupid trait hahah..i think they just need to remove that curse trait that make fear do damage over time.. and replace it with some power based trait .in my opinion the main issue is that the fear really does alot of damage.. i think with all the increases and stuff it can tick like 1500 life per second and they got alot of fear.they can use staff 5 for 1.5 seconds aoe fear and then shroud 3 for fking 3 seconds of fear . then spectral ring? ..these over 5 seconds already are like 7.5k damage alone while you cant do anything.. if thats not enough they also transfer conditions to you and shroud 5 while you are on fear.. and if they use the burnign on shroud 1 they got 3 seconds to put free 3 burnings on you . frankly if your stun breaks are on CD you can die before you even get out of fear.. i think its not ok.. i would love to see core necro power based gap closing on the condi

@noiwk.2760 said:

@"Kuma.1503" said:Immobilize + Cover condis is the single most infuriating thing in this game (to me). If I see a ranger on the enemy team, I will swap to escape runes 100% of the time so I don't get cheesed by Entangle from stealth or an immobilize from the pet.

and the fear does damage like burning with that stupid trait hahah..Enlighten me!

We are talking about the 500 dps, the terror trait does while the target is feared? This means 2k damage in 20 seconds, right? You say that is broken for a master trait, right?

Is this some kind of "I don't know sh*t about what kills me, but blame whatever" here?

@KrHome.1920 said:

@"Kuma.1503" said:Immobilize + Cover condis is the single most infuriating thing in this game (to me). If I see a ranger on the enemy team, I will swap to escape runes 100% of the time so I don't get cheesed by Entangle from stealth or an immobilize from the pet.

and the fear does damage like burning with that stupid trait hahah..Enlighten me!

We are talking about the 500 dps, the terror trait does while the target is feared? This means 2k damage in 20 seconds, right? You say that is broken for a master trait, right?

Is this some kind of "I don't know kitten about what kills me, but blame whatever" here?

its not 500 :) its base 500 and it scale off condi

@KrHome.1920 said:

Is this some kind of "I don't know kitten about what kills me, but blame whatever" here?

C'mon, we already know you have a strange conception of the damage necromancers can deal ;-)

@noiwk.2760 said:

its not 500 :) its base 500 and it scale off condiCorrect, my bad! It's roughly 1000 dps with carrion amulet. So it's 4k in 20 seconds.

Still only worth mentioning, if you eat a 4 second fear. And who does that? That requires a huge setup from the necro and a target without stability, cleanses or a stunbreak and all the fear-skills he applies (shroud3, staff5, spectral ring, corruptions) don't deal damage themself.

@KrHome.1920 said:

A few questions for everyonehow many traits do you need to make fear do 2k damage (the answer is 2 from 2 different lines)how many traits do you need to make entangle do good damage (a single 1 that says bleeding is more dangerous +33% damage)

For fear to do roughly 1k per second (you might even need a few might stacks) you need fairly high condition damage something between 900-1300 if im not mistakenThe thing is most fears only last 1s at their base duration. The only long fear is the core shroud fear and that one now has a cast time meaning its strong but you can react to it and it cant come out while cc'ed.

It takes 1 trait to make the fears do damage (in curses)IT takes a 2nd trait to extend fear duration by 50% turning 1s fears into 1.5s fears and the core shroud 2s fear into a 3s fear. (this trait has already been nerfed from100% duration down to 50% duration this year and had its life force gain nerfed from 15% to 7%)

The only reason cmc is ok with fear doing damage is because it effectively takes a commitment to 2 whole traitlines to make it work.Thats a lot of investment for damage on fairly high cooldown skills. Just about any condi necro biuld has 3 fears at most in its kit so you are looking between 3k for the base shroud fear, 2k for the staff 5, and another 2k to 2.2k for spectral ring assuming you only hit the ring once and assuming all these fears run the full duration without being broken. Thats about 7 to 7.5 k damage over 7 to 7.5 seconds in which you had to break stun or condi clear. In comparison it wont take condi thieff or burn guardian or even a condi weaver to erase that much of your hp with their burst setups right... so really i fail to understand how people cry over fear. In truth if you ate that many full duration fears you probably did something wrong.

Just saying ?

Skills should not be deleted from the game just because we can't handle them properly with every build. This is like asking for rock to beat both paper and scissors. There should always be something that beats something that beats something in a circle of some kind. Obviously with 18 unique elite specs to play there will be some overlap, but it's up to you as the player to find what you're comfortable with and play that to the best of your ability and accept the rest of the results.