What do you normally wear? — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home Guild Wars 2 Discussion

What do you normally wear?

Do a barrel roll

What do you normally wear? 105 votes

Outfits
14%
Game of Bones.8975Wrong Device.3014Deifact.3095Chichimec.9364choon.6308Aracz.4702Kiof.5710Brycar.2651Doughnuthole.2403Hoover.6394SexyMofo.8923Josiah.2967Solanum.6983arielqueen.6587gilhar.3718 15 votes
Armor
85%
Ariurotl.3718nottsgman.8206Haishao.6851Stormcrow.7513Linken.6345khorren.3702jonatanen.1568Danikat.8537Khailyn.6248Reynarth.4819Karmapolice.4193Uden Reavstone.3426kharmin.7683Ayrilana.1396Ashen.2907Zephire.8049kurfu.5623Caska.4367Raknar.4735Super Hayes.6890 90 votes

Comments

• Ashen.2907Ashen.2907 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Armor

Armor for my main but outfits on a few of my alts.

• knite.1542knite.1542 Member ✭✭✭

Other
    For heavy classes I normally wear armor.
    For medium I typically use an outfit because I think most of the chest armor skins suck.
    For light I normally wear outfits because I think most of the leg armor skins suck.

If your team wins it's because of everyone else. If your team loses, blame the thief.
    ranger is OP but holo is more OP so its fine
    Why do this matter at all, you have people asking you why play so bad as fractal god?
    If they would pull that kitten on me, i would sue instantly. And i have enough time and money to finish that.
    Balance? More like a bunch of random nerfs done by interns.

• Armor

mostly armor, but for some outfits because buttcapes/trenchcoats get tedious after a while

70 'mains' and waiting for more slots
    | 62 Asura | 5 Charr | 1 Norn | 1 Human | 1 Sylvari |

• Both. x

• Veprovina.4876Veprovina.4876 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Armor

I like to mix and match. Outfits are all or nothing, i don't really like that.
    Plus, some armor skins look really cool, while most outfits are "meh" at best.

• DeanBB.4268DeanBB.4268 Member ✭✭✭✭

Both. Outfits are nice when a change is needed. Armor is best.

X__________________________
    (Signature Required)

• Wolfb.7025Wolfb.7025 Member ✭✭✭
    Armor

Rarely use outfits, its a really cheap and boring way to "look good"

Years just pass like trains
    I wave but they don't sloow dooown~ don't slow doown~♪

• Other. There should almost always be an "other" option for polls, this poll being a definite example.

Hate Is Fuel.

• Outfits

I wear outfits because I like to change what my character is wearing depending on what kind of climate they are in. I'd use more armor skins if I dind't have to use transmutation charges.

• Dawdler.8521Dawdler.8521 Member ✭✭✭✭

This is GW2.

I wear a skirt.

gaggle - /ˈɡaɡ(ə)l/ - noun
    A disorderly group of Asura.
    "The gaggle of Asura tried to agree on whether a phase-shifted thermonuclear energy matrix was sufficiently powerful for a device capable of heating bread"

• kharmin.7683kharmin.7683 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Armor

Rarely do I use outfits. I only have a few. There really aren't many at all that I find appealing. At least, not appealing enough to use on a regular basis. I mainly use outfits when leveling up a new character.

I am a very casual player.
    Very.
    Casual.

• Armor

Pajamas. I stay at home a lot now.

• Raknar.4735Raknar.4735 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 21, 2020
    Armor

I never wear outfits, mix and match is superior.

You have a heart of gold. Don't let them take it from you.

• coso.9173coso.9173 Member ✭✭✭✭

I would say 50/50 between town clothes outfit and regular armor.

• Solanum.6983Solanum.6983 Member ✭✭✭
    Outfits

My Main has Medium armor so I stick to Outfits.

• Armor

Jeans and a nice shirt. Or pajamas

PvP? What's that? Never heard of it.

• I didn't vote because there's no option for "Depends/Both". I wear both, even on the same character. If I'm still figuring out an armor look that I like, and if there's an outfit I like for that character, I'll wear the outfit until I complete the armor look. Sometimes I prefer an outfit to any other armor, and in that case, I'll wear the outfit. Sometimes I like both an outfit and an armor look, and I'll alternate between the two.
    I honestly don't care if my characters wear an outfit or armor, what matters to me is the aesthetics, and that the looks fit the characters :)

• Armor

I mainly wear armor, I like to mix.

I sometimes use outfits too, cause medium armor are complete garbage.

• Teratus.2859Teratus.2859 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Armor

Armour, I use outfits mostly for keyfarming as I like to make ridiculous joke characters when doing this.

• Danikat.8537Danikat.8537 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Armor

Both, but I probably spend more time using armour.

I use outfits for situations where armour looks out of place - formal meetings in the personal story, down-time in towns, switching to the arctic explorer outfit when it's cold etc. I really like having a selection of outfits to switch to when I want them, and that it doesn't cost transmutation charges or take a bunch of clicks to change it over, but I still spend more time wearing armour.

Danielle Aurorel, Desolation EU. Mini Collector

"You can run like a river, Till you end up in the sea
    And you run till night is black, And keep on going in your dreams
    And you know all the long while, It's the journey that you seek
    It's the miles of moving forward, With the wind beneath your wings"

• Randulf.7614Randulf.7614 Member ✭✭✭✭

Option 3: Both

What sleep is here? What dreams there are in the unctuous coiling of the snakes mortal shuffling. weapon in my hand. My hand the arcing deathblow at the end of all things. The horror. The horror. I embrace it. . .

• Both... depends on the toon (male or female) and whether I like the armor for the class. So I can't pick either of these answers. Only one I could make a firm pick would be any of my Medium armor wearing toons... they are 100% outfits cause medium armors in this game suck

• Fueki.4753Fueki.4753 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Armor

I wear armour on all characters, except for my Mesmer.

• Silvia.9130Silvia.9130 Member ✭✭✭
    Armor

I bought many outfits and in a way or another, I always regret it. I rarely use them, they feel too boring and it really burns me that Winterspresence can't show on outfits due to being a shoulder, although it's basically an aura...

ѕιℓνια 🌙

• notebene.3190notebene.3190 Member ✭✭✭✭

There is really largely only one set of armor I wear for light and leather, and a few for heavy, depending on race, but recently picking an outfit for heavy. Wish there were more options I was interested in, but I am 1 of many.

In the event I don't get a chance, thank you all for the company and help when I needed it from time to time.

• Armor

I continue to buy outfits looking at how cool they are,
    And I continue to never wear them because not having any customization on them is lame.

• FrizzFreston.5290FrizzFreston.5290 Member ✭✭✭✭

I always wear my outfit over my armour...

• sorudo.9054sorudo.9054 Member ✭✭✭✭

both, you need a third option.

the truth is harsh, my opinions are too.

• otto.5684otto.5684 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Armor

Armor. I do have some outfits, but they grow old very fast. And most outfits I like just a part of it. And since you cannot mix and match, it is not fun.

• Virdo.1540Virdo.1540 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Armor

Mostly armor, except fat & shiny characters are distracting in some situations... then outfit

• Yggranya.5201Yggranya.5201 Member ✭✭✭
    Armor

I got only one outfit unlocked and that is only because i got it for free from somewhere. I never accepted those ugly t-shirts though. I have never used it, but it's there.