We need that characteristic activated as soon as we get out from respawn, so we can not go across enemies.
This is very important as being able to go thru enemy models make some game mechanics totally redundant and following pain points:
- Teleport utilities from Thief, scourge and Mesmer are useless because you can go thru the enemy blob
- This forces squads to tend to meatball formation because the enemy can reach easily the backline, so the best strategy is to keep all close and spam utilities. There is no strategy involved in squad distribution, just keep all models together.
- This cause the game to have very bad performance spikes. As all players tend to stay in the same spot it causes the servers and your personal computers to handle much more information than it would if the squad would be better distributed in better defined roles.
- Warrior doesn't have any use in WvW because it can not perform the role of tank. It can not block enemies.
- It greatly reduces the number of roles in the squad. Because there is no zoning all there is no clear design for backline support or melee tank.
- No meaningful defense strategy can be built. The choke points lose all it's effectiveness as the enemy can just pass thru
- All this pain points only benefit the bigger groups exponentially making a waste of time to fight against a bigger group, tendency you can see in most blob fights and stacking servers.
To mitigate all this i propose :
- Activate Melee attack assists to all enemy models (including NPCs).
- Disable "F to Revive" while the player is in combat. Players can only revive allies using the skills and traits available for such tasks.
- Mounts can be used only when the player is at full hp and get a longer cooldown when dismounted (example 30 seconds) .
- All players enter and stay in combat as soon as they are leave from respawn area.
- Players can use uncontested Waypoints only while inside an uncontested structure.
This will improve the gamemode in the following points: