[Vid] Power Mirage PvP + Portal Guide - Mes class is favored by bad players and they tend to lose

JazzXman.7018

Hi new vid up! Power Mirage PvP roaming (ranked, AT) incl. a detailed portal guide (starting at 9:53 mins in case you only wanna watch the guide).

Dont take the intro too serious even tho a bit of salt is included but its just for fun and the meme. sry cmc i coudnt resist :grimace:

I hope you can enjoy.

@Exzen.2976 @Anna.7845 big thx for your positive feedback, thats very appreciated! im happy you could enjoy it! \o/and yeah sadly gw2 community has a lot of those negative ppl. i mean he can have his opinion and when he cant get enough value out of portal he should just use another utility. but its about the way how you say stuff. it can be constructive and making me have fun in an intersting conversation or its just negative and devaluing and then i dont even care to go into it.

in case you both are interested in my opinion about portal:

i highly disagree that portal got less complex from the nerfs, i think its quite the opposite, now you cannot just put it on a side node and have low effort free pressure on a point for 60 secs (what is a lot of time). and when you dont use it you could just have it again 10 secs later, so prenerf it was a perma pressure tool for low effort (same as thief is today so to say). so getting at least some value out of portal got harder postnerf. using it at max potential is another story but i think also that got harder since the shorter duration forces you to already have a plan about what you wanna do with it and the plan needs to be realised by you and your team faster. so in all skill requirement aspects i think portal got more of it, more skill need, more complex, less newbie- and mistakefriendly, you need to know about rotations more and need to read the map better/ faster and the match quite well most of the time for max value portals. so i think its harder to get min just as max value post nerf. for me portal works quite fine tho but that is just my experience and my opinion, he can have another one and when he feels like it is useless its his right.

i agree at least that you need specific teamcomps for it in coordinated teamplay (just as for mesmer in general), it doesnt make sense to use portal or even mesmer itself in each teamcomp atm. and ofc you need a certain amount of dmg in the team to get kills in a decent amount of time and you would run a more roaming orientated comp.

also that even when specing for mirage your mobility is still not rly that high, makes it not that easy. anet rly needs to balance out mobility in this game. it cant be that i run the fastest mesmer spec with everything (like rune) built around mobility and a holo is like only one sec behind me with perma superspeed (if i cannot use any z-axis ports im even slower going from a to b with one dodge mirage) or a healbreaker or even a bunker necro than something is wrong in the game and then the shorter duration is rly an issue. also i think they over did it with the nerf for a few seconds. atm sword mirage with lynx is in my opinion the only mesmer spec even worth thinking about using portal with that duration. i think like 40 secs duration (so core and chrono can use it too) and take out at least a little bit of the stupidly high mobility from classes which are not pure roamers only (and yes even holo is atm too much of an allrounder, can even duel and def a cap in a lot of matchups, is insane in teamfights, has support, peel, good sustain and resustain and that all on top of op mobility, so perma superspeed needs to go in any case) and portal will be very viable again.

@Yoci.2481 said:Thank you for the video. Will you do videos with audio commentary in the future? That would be cool. :)

my pleasure, im happy you like it <3i have a few with audio, either from the team communication during at and i think one big rotation guide with voice explaining (which was months of work bc of the audio alone for barely any interest/ views tbh). the problem is, that my audio quality is pretty low (dunno why, already bought new headset and stuff) and also i rly like to have the music in my vids, so when i would talk, music would be in the background only and for that i would use different music, which only worth for background and not too distraction (what is like a limitation for the music choice and its quality). also for me i am not rly good at speaking english freely and im kinda shy and would talk a lot of ääähm uuhhm... :joy:so i would need to edit such kitten out what needs a lot of time. thats why i usually prefer to make text guides with just great music in front. but if you rly want audio commentary i will try to do one :) is there any guide topic you would like me to explain?

@JazzXman.7018 said:

@Yoci.2481 said:Thank you for the video. Will you do videos with audio commentary in the future? That would be cool. :)

my pleasure, im happy you like it <3i have a few with audio, either from the team communication during at and i think one big rotation guide with voice explaining (which was months of work bc of the audio alone for barely any interest/ views tbh). the problem is, that my audio quality is pretty low (dunno why, already bought new headset and stuff) and also i rly like to have the music in my vids, so when i would talk, music would be in the background only and for that i would use different music, which only worth for background and not too distraction (what is like a limitation for the music choice and its quality). also for me i am not rly good at speaking english freely and im kinda shy and would talk a lot of ääähm uuhhm... :joy:so i would need to edit such kitten out what needs a lot of time. thats why i usually prefer to make text guides with just great music in front. but if you rly want audio commentary i will try to do one :) is there any guide topic you would like me to explain?

Thank you, your videos are very educational and fun. I often find it hard to both read your explanation of what is going on and watching you do it, at the same time. So when I read what you are doing I have to then pause or go back a few seconds to watch you do it. And there is nothing wrong with that but it interrupts the flow and the music. I can of course ignore the text and just watch you play and enjoy the music or just watch the video a few times like I usually do. It's just a lot easier to listen to commentary instead of reading it while watching.

As far as ideas for a topic, well mostly anything that is fun to you. I generally prefer WvW over PvP in principle, and I hardly ever play PvP. So I know much less about it and most things PvP are interesting and useful to me.

I know it is a lot of work and you do it all for free in your spare time. So I am just telling you my ideas, you don't have to do anything I say.

I mean, if they wanted portal to be good, increasing its duration from 30s to 35s alone could make a huge difference. As is, most of its duration you spend walking, and you end up with 5s-10s of time to actually make use of it, it just puts unneeded pressure on the player itself. small buff would take it into 10s-15s which is huge difference IMO.but no effort at all is being made lulW

@Quadox.7834 said:you dropped this: \sry im not sure i understand what you mean with this

also i agree that smth like 40 sec would be good for portal. alternatively lower cd would also be fun.yep or that, even tho i think a little bit more duration helps more for slower specs to get value out of it

@Yoci.2481 you are right, i totally get you. i know its not easy to follow the footage and the writings at same time and ppl have to watch it like twice (good for baiting views i guess muhaha). but since for me the work with editing audio becomes very much more and my audio quality being low quality i would not do a voice commentary too often. but i would make one for you with a guide topic you would like. dunno what type of guide to do about wvw tho but maybe something about mesmer? you have free choice ;)

@Leonidrex.5649 yeah mesmer balance is a mess since a longer time now already and it doesnt feel like it will get much better soon :(

@JazzXman.7018 said:

@"Quadox.7834" said:you dropped this: \sry im not sure i understand what you mean with this

oh you did this smiley earlier ¯
(ツ)
/¯ but the left arm didn't appear because of formatting. It happens often so it has become a meme to say "you dropped this: \ "

also i agree that smth like 40 sec would be good for portal. alternatively lower cd would also be fun.yep or that, even tho i think a little bit more duration helps more for slower specs to get value out of it

@Yoci.2481 you are right, i totally get you. i know its not easy to follow the footage and the writings at same time and ppl have to watch it like twice (good for baiting views i guess muhaha). but since for me the work with editing audio becomes very much more and my audio quality being low quality i would not do a voice commentary too often. but i would make one for you with a guide topic you would like. dunno what type of guide to do about wvw tho but maybe something about mesmer? you have free choice ;)

@Leonidrex.5649 yeah mesmer balance is a mess since a longer time now already and it doesnt feel like it will get much better soon :(

they will prob buff mirage heal skill and nerf ecto, that's what the mesmer lobby (aka helseth misha and maybe some others) have been pushing for i believe.

@"Quadox.7834" said:

oh you did this smiley earlier ¯(ツ)/¯ but the left arm didn't appear because of formatting. It happens often so it has become a meme to say "you dropped this: \ "

wait i started a forum meme and dont know about it? :lol:

they will prob buff mirage heal skill and nerf ecto, that's what the mesmer lobby (aka helseth misha and maybe some others) have been pushing for i believe.

yeah heard about that and im not a fan of buffing mesmer heal to compensate the overnerf in dodges what lit means switching active defense (dodge) with more passive resustain (ofc the heal itself is not passive but the healbuff is just a passive stat buff, doesnt add any more skill requirement, the same click will just heal a bit more then). also i think mirage heal is fine as it is. and it will also not help vs the contradiction of the mechanics on power ih which didnt need the one dodge nerf in the first place and got dumbed down by that even. but sadly they all only care about condi mirage (and ofc condi ih we dont want to have back). they dont even see what a great, balanced, healthy, mostly active, skillful and with that very interesting trait ih is on power (and that you need a bit of freedom of choice in when and for what to use dodges to make the mechanic work active, otherwise you kill all the hard decision making and opportunitycosts in cd- and dodgemanagement with overlimiting the basic spec resource)and they think ih is a pure condi trait. holy cow... still dont know if i should laugh or cry about that part.

@JazzXman.7018 said:

@"Quadox.7834" said:

oh you did this smiley earlier ¯
(ツ)
/¯ but the left arm didn't appear because of formatting. It happens often so it has become a meme to say "you dropped this: \ "

wait i started a forum meme and dont know about it? :lol:No it happens on other forums as well, especially reddit, because the backslash character "\" is used for formatting so it disappears. See this bot:

god dammit explaining memes is so annoying

yeah heard about that and im not a fan of buffing mesmer heal to compensate the overnerf in dodges what lit means switching active defense (dodge) with more passive resustain (ofc the heal itself is not passive but the healbuff is just a passive stat buff, doesnt add any more skill requirement, the same click will just heal a bit more then). also i think mirage heal is fine as it is. and it will also not help vs the contradiction of the mechanics on power ih which didnt need the one dodge nerf in the first place and got dumbed down by that even. but sadly they all only care about condi mirage (and ofc condi ih we dont want to have back). they dont even see what a great, balanced, healthy, mostly active, skillful and with that very interesting trait ih is on power (and that you need a bit of freedom of choice in when and for what to use dodges to make the mechanic work active, otherwise you kill all the hard decision making and opportunitycosts in cd- and dodgemanagement with overlimiting the basic spec resource)and they think ih is a pure condi trait. holy cow... still dont know if i should laugh or cry about that part.

Yeah I kind of agree, I believe they have been saying that mirage healing is particularly bad but that is simply not true as it gives more heal per second (base) than mirror, ether feast (unless you have 2 or 3 clones out) and signet of ether, while also having 3/4 cast instead of 1 sec (which is big) and also giving vigor and a mirror. Though all mes heals are def worse than something like hide in shadows. The actual reason mirage has no resustain is because they nerfed stuff like renewing oasis (regen on dodge). That said, I could get behind buffing mirage heal if they also buff the other mesmer heals - well of eternity, ether feast, mantra, mirror. But more than that I'd want to lower sustain on some other classes (and inspiration mes).

• 4 weeks later...

Hi new vid up \o/ Power chrono wvw roaming. My usual christmas special. Ofc i love christmas and the intro is only for fun, so dont take it serious! . If you want to watch without long christmas intro start the vid @ 1:01.

I hope you all will have some nice christmas days and a happy new year also covid makes it harder. I added some good mood music you hopefully can enjoy!

Pls notice the vid description/ pinned comment under the vid as always.