What makes a good team? — Guild Wars 2 Forums

What makes a good team?

Besides the regular communication and jolly cooperation, I never really understood what to look for when pairing up with another person or going for a full 5 man team.
Bunkers, supports, and damage dealers are good, but is there more to it? Who initiates? Which class spec should hold the line? I hope these questions aren't redundant to just having class knowledge, but when I watch 5v5 vids I have a hard time learning a teams order of operations.
Thanks in advance.

Best Answers

Answers

• FaboBabo.3581FaboBabo.3581 Member ✭✭✭

Harmony between Players , general mind-setup. Flexibility. Self reflection
    Class knowledge is a big thing. Buffs/boons , key abilitys. For competetive gaming it's probably good to have a set 5 man team with 2 professions on each player. Know the strengths and weak-spots of ur members and especially on URSELF. Find a way to work and improve as a team with those issues.

League of legends talking says ; Grops with flamers loose 30% more then groups with nice advicing. (something like that).

Have a Plan. -> Use the 1 minute pregame time.

Happyness -> loosing 5 games in a row happens. It's nothing to rage about -> seek mistakes, try improving.

Mirage since Day 1 - It got better!

• I was hoping for some advice involving the meta, like if guardians compliment rangers well and such. I've played plenty of solo games and duels but never had a duo partner. If the classes all compliment each other in general, then that's cool. I would like to hear what people are running with in duo teams at least.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.