[Question] Legendary weapons aura/footprints — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home Guild Wars 2 Discussion

[Question] Legendary weapons aura/footprints

I've seen people suggest in the past that the auras and footprints from legendary weapons should be split from the weapons skins and be togglable effects once unlocked. I think this would be a great idea as it would motivate people like me to work towards getting legendry's for weapons we don't use very often as well as reduce the feeling of being locked into a specific weapon build or look after investing so much effort to acquire a particular legendary. It would also open up options for the people who don't like particle effects as they can toggle the effects off for their character and so be able to use the legendary skins if they like the weapons aesthetics. It could also possibly open up more gem store options for new footstep effects if arenanet wanted to. My question is does anyone know if a system like this would even be possible to implement with the current weapons or would it be similar to the situation around dyeing old backpacks where the games coding prevents it from being done?

Comments

• lokh.2695lokh.2695 Member ✭✭✭✭

@silverthorn.8415 said:
    My question is does anyone know if a system like this would even be possible to implement with the current weapons or would it be similar to the situation around dyeing old backpacks where the games coding prevents it from being done?

I doubt anyone who actually knows will reply on these forums. My guess would be that it's like with the old backpieces. Also, as you mentioned selling foorfalls/animations on the gemstore, this could very likely happen as it would sell, where looking back at existing content like legendaries does not create revenue, so why bother...

Why bother, just delete the official Forum.

• Silvia.9130Silvia.9130 Member ✭✭✭

@lokh.2695 said:

@silverthorn.8415 said:
    My question is does anyone know if a system like this would even be possible to implement with the current weapons or would it be similar to the situation around dyeing old backpacks where the games coding prevents it from being done?

I doubt anyone who actually knows will reply on these forums. My guess would be that it's like with the old backpieces. Also, as you mentioned selling foorfalls/animations on the gemstore, this could very likely happen as it would sell, where looking back at existing content like legendaries does not create revenue, so why bother...

It would probably sell, but it's the kind of things that'd risk causing an uproar, like when they added some fire effect to light human T3 gear (Flamekissed skins first look) and tried to sell it on the gem store. There was such a fuss that the devs had to change the skin entirely.

ѕιℓνια 🌙

• DeanBB.4268DeanBB.4268 Member ✭✭✭✭

If you don't like the look of a Legendary, just apply a new skin. Problem solved.

X__________________________
    (Signature Required)

• wolfyrik.2017wolfyrik.2017 Member ✭✭

I doubt it would happen but I'd love if they did. I have several characters who would benefit aesthetically from different legendary effects, but because of weapon restrictions, can't even equip the legendaries I have. I have a toon which can't use Lbows but would look great with Kudzu's flower effects.

• Veprovina.4876Veprovina.4876 Member ✭✭✭✭

@DeanBB.4268 said:
    If you don't like the look of a Legendary, just apply a new skin. Problem solved.

But what's the point then?
    I mean, other than the huge convenience.

You need some bragging rights to go along your legendary, why slap a skin on as soon as you make one? :tongue:

• Linken.6345Linken.6345 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Veprovina.4876 said:

@DeanBB.4268 said:

But what's the point then?
    I mean, other than the huge convenience.

You need some bragging rights to go along your legendary, why slap a skin on as soon as you make one? :tongue:

Because you dont like the skin and want the convenience most likely.