Elementalist Staff weapon is trash tier buff it plz

Zinzon.4081

At this point I'm inclined to think most of staff skills need a buff.Ele staff is trash, mesmer staff is trash, guardian staff is trash, soulbeast staff is trash [EDIT: I didn't really mean soulbeast but you know what I mean :(]. Daredevil staff is... sort of acceptable, the only ones good are revenant's and necro's.

It's a shame, because staff ele is the closest you get to a true "Mage" archetype in Gw2. It's just not worth using in any game mode except WvW... which is tough luck for me because my computer cannot handle zerg blobs, and even if it could zerging isn't fun for me personally.

@Terrorhuz.4695 said:At this point I'm inclined to think most of staff skills need a buff.Ele staff is trash, mesmer staff is trash, guardian staff is trash, soulbeast staff is trash. Daredevil staff is... sort of acceptable, the only ones good are revenant's and necro's.

Necro staff needs rework, so it should be on this list despite being used heavily

@"Zinzon.4081" said:Also auto misses all the time despite de animation clearly hitting them. It just says "miss" as long as they move even in constant direction...

i feel you.. reminds me of most warrior skills.. which is main reason why no one play warrior anymore only support warrior

@Terrorhuz.4695 said:At this point I'm inclined to think most of staff skills need a buff.Ele staff is trash, mesmer staff is trash, guardian staff is trash, soulbeast staff is trash. Daredevil staff is... sort of acceptable, the only ones good are revenant's and necro's.

This just reminds me of everyone wishing for Warrior Staff with the next elite spec... they have no idea how bad staff is on 60% of the classes, yet they expect its going to be the be all end all weapon that changes everything. Staff on all the classes to me is clunky, boring and ugly to use.

Ele staff could be amazing, casting big skills for big damage, yet we have this clunky weapon that has 0 damage on some skills and little to no utility. 100% believe at least the ele staff should get reworked (the class with the least weapons that is)

@Paradoxoglanis.1904 said:Ele staff is actually one of the best designed and balanced weapons. Its just fallen very far behind after 8 years of power creep.

It's not powercreep....every MMO will evolve during its life cycle.....new modes, weapons, skills and utilities get introduced with time.....the original content the one present from the start, must be kept on par with the evolving game, failure to do so will result in content being the opposite of what you state.

-Increased mobility-Increased dmg and sustain-New boons

.....Elementalist staff still follow the rules of 2012 GW2....the weapon is completely useless to say the truth even though staff with scepter and focus are the original main weapons of the elementalist since GW1 , any new player coming from GW1 or even other MMOs, would expect to play a class like eleementalist with a staff or scepter...no to be thrown at melee range with a set of daggers

@"Kuma.1503" said:It's a shame, because staff ele is the closest you get to a true "Mage" archetype in Gw2. It's just not worth using in any game mode except WvW... which is tough luck for me because my computer cannot handle zerg blobs, and even if it could zerging isn't fun for me personally.

Even with your glassiest set up...you won't break any enemy zerg currently : barrier/protection/heal spamm will pretty much nullify your dmg to negligible levels while a random revenant hammer can literally oneshot you at any time, the base dmg is really low for what the weapon is supposed to be

@Mini Crinny.6190 said:

@"Paradoxoglanis.1904" said:Ele staff is actually one of the best designed and balanced weapons. Its just fallen very far behind after 8 years of power creep.

You do realise by saying that it has fallen very far behind after 8 years, is that Staff is not balanced.

Nope, just like warrior it's at a good balance, u guys will have to wait out the many many years of unguaranteed nerfs to the roster until all other weapons get nerfed to ele staff levels of crap.I laugh everytime we talk about how ok it is on classes we dont play that their perceived bad state is only due to the op state of others and will be fine once the others are nerfed to their level, if it ever happens. But when our class is in the same situation it's not ok and we need buffs lol. Truth it with the frequency that anet makes significant balance changes I'd be far more healthy for the few "balanced classes and weapon skills be buffed to compete with current roster as it would be far less work and a higher probability than properly nerfing most the roster. If anet balanced often than the whole leave it unviable till the nerf on other classes hit would make sense but with anets current frequency it does not.

It's not that ele's staff is bad, it's that the gameplay it offer isn't adapted to sPvP "needs" and "mentality". It's design would work well in a siege war where you can actually hide behind walls or a line of meat shields (WvW in a nutshell).

I'd say that one of the thing that hurt the most elementalist's weapons is that most are designed to facilitate a gameplay that rely on fields and finishers, yet field/finisher combo has long been left into the dust by efficient traits and utility skills.

@"Dadnir.5038" said:It's not that ele's staff is bad, it's that the gameplay it offer isn't adapted to sPvP "needs" and "mentality". It's design would work well in a siege war where you can actually hide behind walls or a line of meat shields (WvW in a nutshell).

I'd say that one of the thing that hurt the most elementalist's weapons is that most are designed to facilitate a gameplay that rely on fields and finishers, yet field/finisher combo has long been left into the dust by efficient traits and utility skills.

Yep. Staff used to provide easy on demand water/fire fields for sustaining your group and providing might for pushes in wvw. Anet ruined the value of comboing fields while also nerfing damage. Staff is a weapon designed for wvw that no longer holds the value it once did. The weapon itself is fine. The entire existence of gw2, staff has never been in a meta ele build apart from some alternative support build options. Expecting an overhaul of a weapon to cater to your pvp dreams is unrealistic. I would rather it be overhauled to cater to my wvw dreams.