It doesn't matter if we talk about nerfing meta builds or buffing non-meta builds but we definitely need a change where unwanted classes can be used in roles which aren't the commonly used.
- Why can't a Holosmith replace the role of the reaper/warrior as melee powerhorse. It is almost there, it just need better sustain for short times depending in the number of allies in an small radius (An idea: a trait which provided pulsing protection while the photon forge is active, but greatly increases the speed of the overheat . The overheat speed is decreased for each ally around the holosmith)
- Wouldn't it be fun to see Druid to fill the role of the support scourge (without the corruptions but more support) with heals and ranged AoE spirit actives? (an Idea: Druid has a trait (minor or otherwise) to make spirits to follow the druid, Spirits have ranged AoE actives which release them and the skill goes into CD)
- Would be very amazing to have a build for the Medic Thief, an hybrid dps/support build with access to share venoms and other specific buffs from thief and single target BIG heals. Preparations was a good step but wasn't pushed enough, the portal is the idea which should have been pushed further(an Idea: Preparations which provide life leach while the allies are in the AOE, A very small preparation which provides a big heal to the ally over it , Portal was a great design, preparations to work like supportive static AOEs so the thief activate the preparation when the ally if over the area )
- I have already voiced my desire for the soulbeast to be an alternative to guardian. No need to repeat how it could be done.
- I think it would be great for the mesmer to have to different roles: One for chronomancer as alternative for core necro with wells which can rip boons at range and apply ranged CC, other for mirage as an alternative for spellbreaker with boon rip (or corruption) in an AoE around the mirage.
I think those possibilities could be possible to add without many changes and it would increase greatly the squad variety and even some of those meta classes can be replaced.
What do you think? What other roles could be designed for all those specializations or classes which aren't wanted in WvW (like weaver for example)?