Forum Signatures [merged]

Lonami.2987

Anyone has managed to unlock signatures yet? Any idea of how to? Anyone know how this worked in other forums using the same software?

Seems @Gaile Gray.6029 and @Regina Buenaobra.6193 are the only ones with a signature on the entire forum so far, and both are ArenaNet staff with special permissions and such.

If signatures are locked behind points or something like that, it would be good to know how many. Though ideally, everyone should have signatures. Maybe make them wait a few days to get them, for new accounts and such, but don't encourage people to farm karma just to get forum features.

Really want to start linking threads I open at my signature, to help give them visibility :'(.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As far as I know they haven't said. It's possible it is just a matter of waiting a few days, since this forum has only been open for 2 days so far.

The only other forum I've used which uses the same tech is the Elder Scrolls Online forum, and that allows everyone to have a signature, but I've been an admin on other forums (mainly phpBB or Simple Machines based ones) where admins had the option to allow everyone to have a sig, or no one, or only specific people and it could be tied to pretty much any attribute, such as number of posts, rank, time on the forum, or even manually assigned to individuals.

I think we'll just have to wait and see when and how someone unlocks it.

@Neural.1824 said:

@Danikat.8537 said:As far as I know they haven't said. It's possible it is just a matter of waiting a few days, since this forum has only been open for 2 days so far.

It's possible. There is at least one forum member who has had a signature since the new forums went up.

Who is that? Maybe he can tell us.

@Neural.1824 said:

@Danikat.8537 said:As far as I know they haven't said. It's possible it is just a matter of waiting a few days, since this forum has only been open for 2 days so far.

It's possible. There is at least one forum member who has had a signature since the new forums went up.

Or who made a fake signature and copy pastes after each post B)

Be careful what you ask for. ANet might give it to you.

@Just a flesh wound.3589 said:

@Neural.1824 said:

Kinda like what you did?

@Zeivu.3615 said:

@Neural.1824 said:

Kinda like what you did?

if ya can't go through then ya gotta go around.

@Michael.9403 said:Wow. Gone for 4 weeks and we get 2 hurricanes, an earthquake, and the forums sink into the ocean. Surely the apocalypse is upon us!

edit: I suppose I have to read something to learn what that animal is beside my post, and how to cook it.

You can click on the Gear Icon at the top of the forum, and choose Preferences, then scroll down to Change Picture, if you so desire.

Good luck.

@Dante.1763 said:Thats...what? really?

In another thread I saw a comment that they don't have this on the german forum. So i decided to check all other forums as well.You can check it too, at the top of the page the language selection brings you to the other forums, you can login into those with your account info and need to tick the Forum Code of Conduct. After that you can navigate to the signature option, same as in english one, so not that hard to find.

Edit: added link to thread.

@Gorla.8627 said:

@Dante.1763 said:Thats...what? really?

In another thread I saw a comment that they don't have this on the german forum. So i decided to check all other forums as well.You can check it too, at the top of the page the language selection brings you to the other forums, you can login into those with your account info and need to tick the Forum Code of Conduct. After that you can navigate to the signature option, same as in english one, so not that hard to find.

Then what on earth is the point of locking it on the English forum? that hurts my brain!

Or maybe ANet will never enable signatures for the community. On the whole, I can't see that it matters much. Most of the signatures on most forums scream for attention rather than provide any interesting insight to the poster.

There are plenty of other things I'd prefer to see ANet bring to the forums that would be more useful to us (e.g. making it easier to link to a post rather than a thread).

@Ubi.4136 said:So, I switched to german and checked the box. When I go to settings, it lets me put in a signature...but gives me an error that won't let me save it.

I am not sure what did you try, but there is a warning that you cannot use image or emoji, which is highlighted with red if you are trying to save.I tried plain and simple text and it lets me save.

I am also curious about the signatures. If Anet isn't going to unlock them in the English forums, they should give a statement as to why.

And why does this thread have a grey "Answered" button but I can't seem to figure out what the "answer" is upon reading the thread? Anyone know how that works?

• 3 weeks later...

Seems they are still disabled, or at least I have seen no one with a signature yet.

Does anyone know anything about this? Or are we still in the dark? :anguished:

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:Or maybe ANet will never enable signatures for the community. On the whole, I can't see that it matters much. Most of the signatures on most forums scream for attention rather than provide any interesting insight to the poster.

Well, give an option to disable signatures for those who don't like them. I find them very useful, since I can link to my ongoing threads so that they are still visible. Same for content like fanfics, that get buried between updates.

I wonder if they sigs will be unlocked after a month of forum participation and appropriate number of posts. A month since the new forum started would be Oct 12th I think??? To reach member rank to edit posts without a limit and send PMs was 72 hours and 5 posts. So maybe sigs will unlock after a month? Who knows? I was never a big signature person anyway but I am curious.

Archived