Why we need to MAKE quests for everything in this game?!

kanemi.4903

Buy the Path of Fire expansion.Spend at least 1 World Ability Points in the Warclaw Mastery section.Complete the Warclaw Companion collection.All objectives may be completed in default WvW mapsThe camp capture objective cannot be completed in Edge of the MistsComplete the associated Warclaw Reward Track (necessary to complete the collection).Purchase from Elvie the Warclaw Tender for 8 Gold coin after using the Warclaw Certificate of Ownership.

Seriously. There are PvE elements inside of WvW.

Go cap a camp, cap a sentry, go kill the guards at the front of towers, then go sit at spawn for 10 minutes. Repeat. If you get ganked then respawn and go a different direction or a different borderland. With max reward track gain and max participation it should take you 4.5 hours to get your gift of battle. Most players can do that in a single evening or two. Map completion/ Expansion completion is a much bigger pain in the ass.

If you are patient, you can do easy WvW dailies, which reward potions to advance a reward track. Big Spender, Veteran creature, kill 5 guards, kill a guard/claim land, monument, take 2 camps - all easy to do, depending on how active WvW is. There are times when I go there and there are just enemy players everywhere, so I skip it.

If you are after legendaries, then use that reward track and skip the warbeast entirely. If you have any interest at all in WvW, then acquiring the warbeast simplifies things.

@Voltekka.2375 said:You can get gift of battle in eotm as well. You dont need the mount by any means. Just keep your participation up (wvw or eotm) , get maximum participation for maximum reward track points per tick, use boosters (exp booster, celebration booster) and cap a camp every 10 minutes, or follow a zerg.

Thank you, this was better than any tutorial in the game.

@kanemi.4903 said:

@Voltekka.2375 said:You can get gift of battle in eotm as well. You dont need the mount by any means. Just keep your participation up (wvw or eotm) , get maximum participation for maximum reward track points per tick, use boosters (exp booster, celebration booster) and cap a camp every 10 minutes, or follow a zerg.

Thank you, this was better than any tutorial in the game.

It takes around 8 hours without booster and around 6 with boosters in WvW. When I crafted my first legy 4.5 years ago I had no experience with WvW and PvP and didn't know what to expect. It ended up WvW consuming me for 2 months before I remembered I just needed GoB to finish crafting my leggy.

You just need a non crybaby attitude towards stuff and it very often turns out not to be that bad.

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:Seriously. There are PvE elements inside of WvW.

Go cap a camp, cap a sentry, go kill the guards at the front of towers, then go sit at spawn for 10 minutes. Repeat. If you get ganked then respawn and go a different direction or a different borderland. With max reward track gain and max participation it should take you 4.5 hours to get your gift of battle. Most players can do that in a single evening or two. Map completion/ Expansion completion is a much bigger pain in the kitten.

@DeanBB.4268 said:If you are patient, you can do easy WvW dailies, which reward potions to advance a reward track. Big Spender, Veteran creature, kill 5 guards, kill a guard/claim land, monument, take 2 camps - all easy to do, depending on how active WvW is. There are times when I go there and there are just enemy players everywhere, so I skip it.

If you are after legendaries, then use that reward track and skip the warbeast entirely. If you have any interest at all in WvW, then acquiring the warbeast simplifies things.

Thank you guys!

@kanemi.4903 said:

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:Seriously. There are PvE elements inside of WvW.

Go cap a camp, cap a sentry, go kill the guards at the front of towers, then go sit at spawn for 10 minutes. Repeat. If you get ganked then respawn and go a different direction or a different borderland. With max reward track gain and max participation it should take you 4.5 hours to get your gift of battle. Most players can do that in a single evening or two. Map completion/ Expansion completion is a much bigger pain in the kitten.

@DeanBB.4268 said:If you are patient, you can do easy WvW dailies, which reward potions to advance a reward track. Big Spender, Veteran creature, kill 5 guards, kill a guard/claim land, monument, take 2 camps - all easy to do, depending on how active WvW is. There are times when I go there and there are just enemy players everywhere, so I skip it.

Thank you guys!

No problem.

If you want to get your feet wet on actual fighting in WvW then find a commander to run with. It can be a lot of fun. But if you truly hate the game mode, but also really want the shiny things then WvW dailies and doing a supply camp circuit are your best options.

By circuit I mean go to a borderland, and cap the supply camps in a clockwise or counter clockwise order. Usually someone caps the first camp for their side by the time you finish and you can go cap it again, otherwise you get to sit at spawn and watch a tv show or something for 10 minutes, or manage your inventory, swap to an alt account and do dailies on it, or anything else that is chill.

I wish the daily wvw rewards potion was sellable. We'd make a killing off of folks like these.OP, just run with your server's zerg and bring a class that has decent AoE access. This actually requires fewer brain cells than most pve metas. Or do what the above posters suggest, tag NPCs at camps near your spawn and spend 90% of time your time watching Netflix whilst waiting for the progress bar on your gift of battle reward track to complete.

This game mode is substantially more welcoming to newcomers than fractals, spvp and (especially) raids.

~ Kovu

edit- basic gliding only costs 3 wxp levels, easily attained. Mounts aren't even hard required because of the speed buff that's granted to players close to other players who are mounted.

Getting the Gift of Battle is fairly easy - I actually have it already (done WvW dailies, done a few runs where commanders said it's fine to tag along) - and funnily enough the gift of battle and gift of exploration are so far the only things I have for a legendary. I can only advice to not stress about it - it's fairly relaxed, and can also be fun.

@Sleepwalker.1398 said:

@asterix.9614 said:Can't you get legendary armor in pve? Also warclaw isn't useful outside wvw.

I'm doing the weapons.

You can thank Anet for removing WvW map completion years back.Otherwise you'd be stuck here for much more than 8 hrs.

I remember at launch when server tiers were based on total server population not WvW population. IoJ had an emmense amount of pve players, but not wvw players. Stuck in red pjs for a long time... SMC was one of the last things I grabbed for world completion.

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

@asterix.9614 said:Can't you get legendary armor in pve? Also warclaw isn't useful outside wvw.

I'm doing the weapons.

You can thank Anet for removing WvW map completion years back.Otherwise you'd be stuck here for much more than 8 hrs.

I remember at launch when server tiers were based on total server population not WvW population. IoJ had an emmense amount of pve players, but not wvw players. Stuck in red pjs for a long time... SMC was one of the last things I grabbed for world completion.

Sneaking into an enemy garrison or the enemies EBG keep was nightmarish!!

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

I'm doing the weapons.

Sneaking into an enemy garrison or the enemies EBG keep was nightmarish!!

So much fun though. Felt like it had more meaning back then.

@Sleepwalker.1398 said:

I'm doing the weapons.

I honestly can't see how anyone can find doing core map completion over and over can be fun. HoT is at least just 4 maps.

I've used up both Gifts of Exploration, so no more core legendaries that I'll self craft.