Essence of Speed Bugged?

Gotejjeken.1267

I've tried this every way I can think of and it isn't working for me. What I did was go into WvW and slot live fast and essence of speed to see if essence of speed increases quickness as well or just other boons affecting you. It seems to do neither? Use a beast skill to get quickness, doesn't increase the quickness you get from the skill (for me it's 3s with food), nor does it increase the fury uptime (i.e. other boon). Use beast skill to get quickness then cast say protect me, no increases. Cast protect me then use beast skill, nothing.

So....how does this work? Does it work?

@Gotejjeken.1267 said:I've tried this every way I can think of and it isn't working for me. What I did was go into WvW and slot live fast and essence of speed to see if essence of speed increases quickness as well or just other boons affecting you. It seems to do neither? Use a beast skill to get quickness, doesn't increase the quickness you get from the skill (for me it's 3s with food), nor does it increase the fury uptime (i.e. other boon). Use beast skill to get quickness then cast say protect me, no increases. Cast protect me then use beast skill, nothing.

So....how does this work? Does it work?

It does not increase quickness, the trait does not take into account the new applied boons but the already existing on the ranger. Check it out with some might on then cast the F3 and you will see how might is extended for 2 seconds.The only way you can extend Quickness with this trait is to have a previous long quickness (longer than 5s) active.

As such i think this trait can be removed fromt he game, it is not usable in it's current state, it needs the ICD removed at least to make it playable.

@Eurantien.4632 said:Live Fast with Essence of Speed does increase the duration of the Fury from Live Fast by 2 seconds. Works the same way for similar applications such as Zephyr's Speed and Unstoppable Union giving 2s extra of protection and vigor (but not quickness).

Then i'm sure i'm mistaken and the skill is bugged. Please open a thread in the Bugs subforum ato see if Anet fix it. That trait makes sense if it can trigger with quickness as well, otherwise it does not make sense.

@anduriell.6280 said:

@Eurantien.4632 said:Live Fast with Essence of Speed does increase the duration of the Fury from Live Fast by 2 seconds. Works the same way for similar applications such as Zephyr's Speed and Unstoppable Union giving 2s extra of protection and vigor (but not quickness).

Then i'm sure i'm mistaken and the skill is bugged. Please open a thread in the Bugs subforum ato see if Anet fix it. That trait makes sense if it can trigger with quickness as well, otherwise it does not make sense.

I think you were partially right before, it only works for boons you already have. BUT it also works on other boons you get at the same time as quickness - just not the quickness itself.