Camp Greatsword

GreenZap.1352

Hi,

I've seen this question posted on the forum before but not exactly found the answers I'm looking for.

So, I had some luck while farming the Glorious skins in PVP.I had a Ascended Weapon Box drop after a match and I choose Zojja's Greatsword as weapons of choice from the box.

What I'm wondering is if it's possible to camp greatsword (not swap) with if either Reaper or Mirage/Chronomancer for: Open-World, Events, Casual Content (not raids/high-fractals)?I understand that I will make myself less efficient trying to camp one weapon but, I was never a fan of weapon-swap from the beginning in either GW2 or ESO, have anyone tried this with either Chrono/Mirage or Reaper? .

Any tips and tricks? :D

@Hesione.9412 said:GS for reaper is melee (apart from 5, which draws enemies to you), whereas it is a distance weapon for mesmer. Chrono GS is a great way of farming events. Player's choice and have fun with it!

I have both of the classes.

Reaper I used to play during my first Path of Fire.Loved it but more interested in Mesmer (non-death-theme).

I'm just don't know how strong Mesmer is compared to Reaper; taking on champion mobs etc.

If you chose Zojja's then that's great for PvE open world. For power builds of course.I can't speak for necro, but GS is a great ranged weapon for Chrono IF you use it as a support profession.

If you want to solo them, then maybe not because GS does more damage the farther away you are from the enemy. So if other players are ganging up on a veteran or a champion, and you use it from range while giving wells to the melee players it's great. Just u se it from range when you're low on health, then go in with a sword, drop some wells for Alacrity, then back out when they end and GS the champion while others keep him busy.

If you want to solo a champion, there's far better choices, and Chronomancer wouldn't be my first pick for those because they're pretty weak compared to all other classes. Even Mirage is better, but then again, no GS, use Axe/Pistol or Torch and Staff (since they're all condi based and GS is power based). Mirage has more synergy with condition damage and Chrono has more synergy with power.

Necro can get a great deal of incoming healing running minions with Blood Magic traits so I would say absolutely possible to camp GS on some builds.Specially if you add some defensive stats to your build (toughness and/or vitality) Soldiers, Marauders stats are probably the best picks to combine in with your other stats.

You can of course go full in with stats like Soldiers if you want something absurdly tanky and near unkillable in PvE.Unless you're planning on trying to solo really powerful PvE creatures though it's not needed.

Marauders stats with maybe.. Blood Magic, Spite and Reaper is probably enough for you to camp Gs and deal enough damage to feel like your doing your part.Just make sure you use Rise! it's basically a free long duration protection buff :)

@"GreenZap.1352" said:What I'm wondering is if it's possible to camp greatsword (not swap) with if either Reaper or Mirage/Chronomancer for: Open-World, Events, Casual Content (not raids/high-fractals)?

In general:Anything is viable for open world, events and casual content.

What you want to ideally have is a weapon which is good at "tagging" enemies, aka get participation and loot from stuff. Mesmer greatsword works rather well, especially on Mirage.Meanwhile Reaper with greatsword works very well too, but would lack the range component. You still be a quite beefy melee range build given how neromancer and minion builds are the easiest way to get a durable PvE open world build going.

For the only issue with camping GS - on Reaper, Warrior, Guardian, Mesmer, or Ranger - is handicapping yourself with respect to CC's. Warrior has no CC on GS, Reaper has 1, Guard had 1, and Mesmer has 1, Ranger is the odd man out with 1 and a chance for a 2nd one. When I run Berserker in HoT, I'm running 5 CC's and 3 of them come from mace/shield on my 2nd weapons set (I still primary GS on my Berserker despite axe/axe being better DPS). So, camping GS means that I'm giving up vital CC's and that can mean the difference between breaking a defiance bar or not.

I camp GS on my Reaper, Viper/Trailblazer mix, extremely tanky though it takes time for damage to ramp up. You can still go in and out of Reaper Shroud to trigger on-swap traits and sigils, too, so Reaper doesn't lose that functionality when camping a weapon.

Keep in mind you won't reach max DPS without weaponswap due to cooldowns.