What should I be doing as a solo player?

Ajji.6031

I came back after a few years. I’ve been pretty on and off since launch. I literally just crafted my first Ascended piece this morning. That’s how casual I’ve been.

I came back 2 weeks ago, and immediately got PoF. Since then, I unlocked all of the mounts including Skyscale, finally picked a main (condi Renegade), and started crafting my first ascended set. I also got my ascended weapon achievement.

Since I’m time-gated in my ascended crafting, what else should I be doing with my time? I do my daily Winterberry farming with each profession, get a Charged Quartz, but these only take 30-40 minutes.

What else should I be doing as a solo player?

Unlock outfits, skins, maybe farm gold to fund all this.

I literally just realized I don’t NEED to craft Pahua armor to get Trailblazers stats... /facepalm. I’ll just craft exotic Trailblazers exotic armor so I don’t even need to worry about ascended armor for now.

I guess I’m mostly wondering what time-gated activities, crafting I should keep in mind, so I can do those on the side.

For me, my first goal was completing the story. So every time a new chapter comes out I go and do it soon as I can. Next was crafting full ascended gear. Then a legendary. Then a skyscale. Then Griffin. Now I kind of want to learn t4 fractals and raids, and am working on getting enough gold to get another equipment template tab thing. Just do what you feel like doing. =D

What yu CAN do :

• Map Metas for fun and for lootz.
  • World Bosses, for fun and for lootz.
  • Fractals dailies, for fun and for lootz.
  • WvW/PvP, for fun (try not to get too salty)
  • Strikes, for fun and for lootz.

What yu SHOULD do :

• If yu own all expansions, focus on clearing the story
  • make sure yur main character is up to date with the latest story so yu can jump into the next released chapter immediately.

Also, if there are seasonal events, make sure to take part in those too, but don't force yurself to do everything, just choose what yu wanna do and do it, this game isn't sub based, so yu can take yur own sweet time doing things without worrying bout a sub running out.

@"Ajji.6031" said:I literally just realized I don’t NEED to craft Pahua armor to get Trailblazers stats... /facepalm. I’ll just craft exotic Trailblazers exotic armor so I don’t even need to worry about ascended armor for now.

Either craft the Harrier's Warbeast exotics (buy the recipes from TP), which are actually not Harrier's but are stat-selectable (!), or go to Verdant Brink and do a T4 meta to get a Bladed Armor Box for a stat-selectable exotic chest armor, and buy the other pieces with airship parts from the VB vendor.

I guess I’m mostly wondering what time-gated activities, crafting I should keep in mind, so I can do those on the side.

Daily gated:

Do you key farm? (Needs a character slot, though!)

Once a week, you can play the Level 10 adventure on a new character and get a Black Lion chest key. If you are hardcore and want to get more than one key per week,you can rank the character up doing map completions, for a 1/4 chance of getting a key from each map fully explored, and you also can get keys from the beginning of the Level 40 story, and from the Level 60 story. Delete the character and start over for the next week.

You only have a rare chance of getting something seriously cool from the chest, but you get useful utility items and occasional wardrobe unlocks that may unlock gem store or Black Lion skins or other craftable weapons and armor for you. (Make sure you craft as much of the cheap stuff as you can, nothing less fun than using a rare wardrobe unlock and getting a steel dagger.) You also get Black Lion statuettes, which you can save up. They can be traded in for unlocks on all sorts of cool skins, unbreakable crafting tools, and many other good things. The items you can purchase in the statuette shop change pretty much whenever the contents of the Black Lion chest change.

Anyway, that's how I spend a lot of my game time. You may want to try roller beetle racing, too, at least until you unlock all the prizes.

I bought all of the living seasons and I’m working through those now.

I’m skipping over the ascended and decided to go straight for Astralaria since it seems to guide me through a lot of stuff in Tyria and HoT I haven’t seen before. I never knew there were so many jumping puzzles and secret rooms all over the place.

It really makes me appreciate the game more.

WvW and T1 fractals are also more fun than I expected.