Deleting collection item prior to unlocking the collection

Luthan.5236

This is not about a skin (which is stored permanently in the wardrobe). But while cleaning up my bank storage I deleted/salvaged an amulet gotten from an achievement. And that amulet later is used in another achievement (collection) - according to wiki. (Abbadon's Cowl - for the Warmaster's Pack.)

No other way to obtain it.

Is it safe to assume that the unlock already got tracked - even though I haven't unlocked that collection? (And it will appear later when I unlock the collection. I mean the system should know that I did the achievement needed for this.)

Just curious since I could not find anything about this in the wiki. And I am not planning to unlock the collection soon. (Maybe next year when I put different chars through the older story steps.)

Check that achievement in your achievements panel. and if that item is unlocked there, then it's probably safe.But also triple check you don't need it in some mystic forge recipe or something.Sometimes they're used for that.

But i feel your pain and confusion, i also never know what to delete and what not.It would be nice to have a vendor that tracks all our achievements and has achievement items available for "re-purchase" for free, in case some get lost or whatever.Only the unlocked achievement items and not the achievement rewards.

Yeah. Some stuff unlocks for re-purchasing with laurels. After you did the achievements. (And for the "Warclaw" book it seems they made it into a free vendor item as well. While previous stuff where you collected and got some lore book ... is not available anymore. But there the wiki is enough for me to read the text. Since it isn't needed for other stuff.)

I usually check before. But with that many stuff. (I had tons of ascended rings.) ... hard to check up on everything. For most special stuff I know when it might be needed for mystic forge recipes. (And a lot of other stuff is based on unlocking the skin. If it is weapons where you can buy the next tier after unlocking the basik skin ... like with some festival stuff.)

Here the problem was: Achievement where I received the item ... is marked as completed.Collection where it is needed (and I can't re-purchase it from any other source) is still "locked" until I get that previous item from some story step by doing the story (HoT some chapter) with a 2nd char. Maybe I will try that soon - just to check. (After unlocking that collection it should show all the items ... and hopefully the stuff obtained before "unlocking" the collection.)

Been trying to get the new adventurer achievements for a few years now, deleted the novice gloves before equipping them. I've done over 50 heart missions in low level zones. (<10) No luck, support wouldn't help. But good luck with your issue, it sounds more likely to get help than mine, cause the gloves are supposed to still drop... supposed to...

@Loboling.5293 said:Been trying to get the new adventurer achievements for a few years now, deleted the novice gloves before equipping them. I've done over 50 heart missions in low level zones. (<10) No luck, support wouldn't help. But good luck with your issue, it sounds more likely to get help than mine, cause the gloves are supposed to still drop... supposed to...

You have to do low level hearts on low level toons.... Make a new alt and look for it before level 10ish.

@Loboling.5293 said:Been trying to get the new adventurer achievements for a few years now, deleted the novice gloves before equipping them. I've done over 50 heart missions in low level zones. (<10) No luck, support wouldn't help. But good luck with your issue, it sounds more likely to get help than mine, cause the gloves are supposed to still drop... supposed to...

You can get it on an 80 you just have to be deleveled under 10 I think. You can't kill level 10 mobs cause you like 12. Go kill level 4 or 5 mobs but it's still rng drop and took a while as I didn't equip 3 and deleted so I killed bandits in queensdale or start a new character as suggested