Raid Loot

AoTsuki.8675

For the love of all that is holy can wings 5-7 get better loot chance?I swear if I kill Dhuum again and get exotic armor piece and a token box one more time I will spontaneously combust.I could go kill a quaggan and get same loot bar the token which is already pretty useless outside of pugging which you do not want to do for content like this anyway.Please make raid loot better, I am withering, I am not asking for anything outrageous, this is common sense.I can even excuse wings 1-4 because they are not that hard but 5-7 has no excuse.People simply don't want to do something hard for a bunch of unid gear, exotic armor piece and some token.I refuse the believe I am the only one who has a problem with that.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:If they’re rich then it certainly wasn’t from doing raids. The rewards in this game are inversely proportional to the challenge to obtain them. The most brain dead content in the game is the most rewarding while the most challenging content is the least rewarding.

Nah, apparently the theoretical gph of raids isn't bad at all.

• Confused 1

@"Ayrilana.1396" said:If they’re rich then it certainly wasn’t from doing raids. The rewards in this game are inversely proportional to the challenge to obtain them. The most brain dead content in the game is the most rewarding while the most challenging content is the least rewarding.

If it wouldn't be rewarding, nobody would do the weeklies. You can say that "yes they would" and maybe that is true for you, but for most it isn't. How can i tell? The endless howling for more and better rewards from raiders all across MMOs. It's true though that raids are the most brain dead content as you just do the same thing over and Over and OVer and OVEr and OVER an... I'm sure you get the gist.

@Veprovina.4876 said:

@Veprovina.4876 said:Aren't Raid people like, rich? What do you need more loot for?

Not at all, you can start raiding in exotic gear. Only weapons are a noticable difference.

So how much gold do you get per cleared raid wing? Loot and all.

Uhhh like 2 gold per boss, 4 if it's boosted this week for specific wing.so that's usually 6 gold + 3 trash exotics and standard 1 green 2 blues and a boss token that does nothing.On occasion if stars align you get some random ascended thing from this raid.So that's 6 (12 if specific raid wing is boosted that week) straight gold per whole wing + some trash and rare ascended chance. (30 karma too but who cares about that).Oh and of course some petty amount of raid currency that is capped 150 per week.You can get more gold doing literally anything else but raids if that's your bottom line.Best case scenario is around 52 gold for all raid wings in the game and assuming Bastion of the Penitent (has 4 bosses) has double bonus.

@AoTsuki.8675 said:

@Veprovina.4876 said:Aren't Raid people like, rich? What do you need more loot for?

Not at all, you can start raiding in exotic gear. Only weapons are a noticable difference.

Uhhh like 2 gold per boss, 4 if it's boosted this week for specific wing.so that's usually 6 gold + 3 trash exotics and standard 1 green 2 blues and a boss token that does nothing.On occasion if stars align you get some random ascended thing from this raid.So that's 6 (12 if specific raid wing is boosted that week) straight gold per whole wing + some trash and rare ascended chance. (30 karma too but who cares about that).Oh and of course some petty amount of raid currency that is capped 150 per week.You can get more gold doing literally anything else but raids if that's your bottom line.Best case scenario is around 36 gold for wings 1-5 for example.

That doesn't seem so bad. Especially since you can sell the Exotics and get more money for them, or salvage for ecto and balls. That's pretty neat and useful for making legendaries.That's i think less than Fractals per day? Depends i guess.Besides, isn't the point of raids to get legendary armor?

And don't you also get Magnetite Shards and Gaeting crystals that you can use to buy Ascended equipment without crafting the grandmaster marks? That's a pretty big value right there.You forgot to mention those, but those also count as loot you get because everywhere else, you're not handed ascended equipment. In Raids you can just buy it from Scholar Glenna for Magnetite shards and some cheapo gold. So if you factor that in to additional loot you get per boss, i think the overall gold value is significantly increased. Because you're factoring potential gold loss that you save from crafting asceneded (material loss and gold loss that you're not experiencing just by raiding).Sure, it takes a lot of those, but you're raiding anyway, i'm sure you have some, or will get enough of them eventually to just buy ascended equipment.

So if you take that into account, i'd say you're getting pretty sick loot from raids, in addition to the gold you make per wing.

@Veprovina.4876 said:

Uhhh like 2 gold per boss, 4 if it's boosted this week for specific wing.so that's usually 6 gold + 3 trash exotics and standard 1 green 2 blues and a boss token that does nothing.On occasion if stars align you get some random ascended thing from this raid.So that's 6 (12 if specific raid wing is boosted that week) straight gold per whole wing + some trash and rare ascended chance. (30 karma too but who cares about that).Oh and of course some petty amount of raid currency that is capped 150 per week.You can get more gold doing literally anything else but raids if that's your bottom line.Best case scenario is around 36 gold for wings 1-5 for example.

That doesn't seem so bad. Especially since you can sell the Exotics and get more money for them, or salvage for ecto and balls. That's pretty neat and useful for making legendaries.That's i think less than Fractals per day? Depends i guess.Besides, isn't the point of raids to get legendary armor?

And don't you also get Magnetite Shards and Gaeting crystals that you can use to buy Ascended equipment without crafting the grandmaster marks? That's a pretty big value right there.You forgot to mention those, but those also count as loot you get because everywhere else, you're not handed ascended equipment. In Raids you can just buy it from Scholar Glenna for Magnetite shards and some cheapo gold. So if you factor that in to additional loot you get per boss, i think the overall gold value is significantly increased. Because you're factoring potential gold loss that you save from crafting asceneded (material loss and gold loss that you're not experiencing just by raiding).Sure, it takes a lot of those, but you're raiding anyway, i'm sure you have some, or will get enough of them eventually to just buy ascended equipment.

So if you take that into account, i'd say you're getting pretty sick loot from raids, in addition to the gold you make per wing.

I don't know man my soul is pretty crushed when we kill dhuum for 2+ hours and he drops an exotic and token box

@Sobx.1758 said:

@Ayrilana.1396 said:If they’re rich then it certainly wasn’t from doing raids. The rewards in this game are inversely proportional to the challenge to obtain them. The most brain dead content in the game is the most rewarding while the most challenging content is the least rewarding.

Yes and then you have to calculate that you can only do it 1 time a week not all day everyday and it goes down the shitter.

@Yggranya.5201 said:

@"Ayrilana.1396" said:If they’re rich then it certainly wasn’t from doing raids. The rewards in this game are inversely proportional to the challenge to obtain them. The most brain dead content in the game is the most rewarding while the most challenging content is the least rewarding.

If it wouldn't be rewarding, nobody would do the weeklies. You can say that "yes they would" and maybe that is true for you, but for most it isn't. How can i tell? The endless howling for more and better rewards from raiders all across MMOs. It's true though that raids are the most brain dead content as you just do the same thing over and Over and OVer and OVEr and OVER an... I'm sure you get the gist.

What do you think the g/hr for raids and what is that compared to SW and DF?

@Sobx.1758 said:

It's fairly bad compared to other things in PvE such as SW and DF.

Let me put this into some perspective. The liquid gold that you get is 2G per boss. If you do a full raid clear, this comes to 64G if the bonus wing has four encounters. You can add another 15G on average for selling the random exotics. If you can clear all 7 wings in 3 hours, that's 20G per hour. Also note in my post where I stated that the "rewards in this game are inversely proportional to the challenge to obtain them". With this being the most challenging content in the game, the rewards should be much higher than the rewards from the least challenging content (open world).

@AoTsuki.8675 said:

I don't know man my soul is pretty crushed when we kill dhuum for 2+ hours and he drops an exotic and token box

Sure, but still... The "invisible" rewards are far greater.

@Linken.6345 said:

Yes and then you have to calculate that you can only do it 1 time a week not all day everyday and it goes down the kitten.

That's kind of the tradeoff for being able tu buy ascended gear without needing to craft marks, isn't it?I mean, you need 20 Grandmaster marks for a full set in WvW and Fractals.Here's how much that costs approximately:https://gw2efficiency.com/crafting/calculator/a~0!b~1!c~0!d~20-80857

In raids, you can just "wait" a bit, and while you've cleared a raid for the week, you can go do other stuff and earn more gold that you won't be spending on crafting those marks, plus all the materials you get that again, you won't be spending crafting them.

Fractal and WvW people get less gold per week. Especially WvW players, and still need to craft all the stuff that's hard to obtain in WvW.

Honestly, the rewards from Raids seem pretty good to me, especially compared to other modes.You're basically given ascended armor and weapons for free. That's a huge potential gold value right there.

@Veprovina.4876 said:

Yes and then you have to calculate that you can only do it 1 time a week not all day everyday and it goes down the kitten.

That's kind of the tradeoff for being able tu buy ascended gear without needing to craft marks, isn't it?I mean, you need 20 Grandmaster marks for a full set in WvW and Fractals.Here's how much that costs approximately:

In raids, you can just "wait" a bit, and while you've cleared a raid for the week, you can go do other stuff and earn more gold that you won't be spending on crafting those marks, plus all the materials you get that again, you won't be spending crafting them.

Fractal and WvW people get less gold per week. Especially WvW players, and still need to craft all the stuff that's hard to obtain in WvW.

Honestly, the rewards from Raids seem pretty good to me, especially compared to other modes.You're basically given ascended armor and weapons for free. That's a huge potential gold value right there.

That's a non-monetary reward, which depending on the player, has a cap before it becomes useless. I've been tossing ascended drops and no longer open the chests.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

That's kind of the tradeoff for being able tu buy ascended gear without needing to craft marks, isn't it?I mean, you need 20 Grandmaster marks for a full set in WvW and Fractals.Here's how much that costs approximately:

That's a
non-monetary
reward, which depending on the player, has a cap before it becomes useless. I've been tossing ascended drops and no longer open the chests.

You're seriously dropping ascended gear? You know you can salvage that for pretty useful stuff.

Anyway - if you're at the point where you can afford dropping ascended like it's nothing, then you don't need any more rewards, you're done, just enjoy the content and maybe branch into other content idk...

Honestly, what can the game give you that you don't already have?

As for non-monetary reward, that's just as valuable as straight up gold.Because imagine someone that only has exotics and wants to gear up (and doesn't trhow away ascended like it's trash).For them, just doing raid content will in time grant them a full set of armor for as many characters as they want, and weapons.Then compare to someone who does WvW for example.

They need to do WvW for exotic precursors (armor example), then craft 20 marks valued roughly 250 gold in total (gold that they're NOT getting in WvW in large quantities might i add). This is 250 gold NOT spent when you're raiding, this is liquid gold getting stored in your inventory, wallet etc., that won't be spent on ascended.

Look, i'm not opposed to you guys getting better rewards, but if raids get them, everyone should get them. That's all i'm saying.Because otherwise, raids become the content to get anything done and other modes become gold loss.

@Veprovina.4876 said:

That's a
non-monetary
reward, which depending on the player, has a cap before it becomes useless. I've been tossing ascended drops and no longer open the chests.

You're seriously dropping ascended gear? You know you can salvage that for pretty useful stuff.

Like what? I'd be spending 1G per salvage.

Anyway - if you're at the point where you can afford dropping ascended like it's nothing, then you don't need any more rewards, you're done, just enjoy the content and maybe branch into other content idk...

Would you say the same about every other area of the game? If they have all of the existing rewards then they're done, should just enjoy the content, and maybe branch out to other content.

Gold. You know, the type of reward that is given so much more freely in other areas of the game which can be used to purchase a huge amount of items in the game.

As for non-monetary reward, that's just as valuable as straight up gold.

So all those people that have no use for ascended gear value that ascended gear the same as they would as if they had received gold?

Look, i'm not opposed to you guys getting better rewards, but if raids get them, everyone should get them. That's all i'm saying.

Other areas of the game already get better rewards. There's no reason for those other areas to be buffed.

Because otherwise, raids become the content to get anything done and other modes become gold loss.

For those that can already do raids, yes, those other modes would be a "loss". Keep in mind that raids are a weekly thing and any increase in the liquid gold regards would have practically zero impact on other areas of the game.

@Veprovina.4876 said:

That's a
non-monetary

As for
non-monetary
reward, that's just as valuable as straight up gold.Because imagine someone that only has exotics and wants to gear up (and doesn't trhow away ascended like it's trash).For them, just doing raid content will in time grant them a full set of armor for as many characters as they want, and weapons.Then compare to someone who does WvW for example.

They need to do WvW for exotic precursors (armor example), then craft 20 marks valued roughly 250 gold in total (gold that they're NOT getting in WvW in large quantities might i add). This is 250 gold NOT spent when you're raiding, this is liquid gold getting stored in your inventory, wallet etc., that won't be spent on ascended.

Look, i'm not opposed to you guys getting better rewards, but if raids get them, everyone should get them. That's all i'm saying.Because otherwise, raids become
the
content to get anything done and other modes become gold loss.

Ìf they do wvw they get marks for free in their reward track, I know since I got afew of them when grabing the silver pip chest for weeks when I wanted the armor skin there.

EditHighest tier fractal people earn more then raiders since theirs are locked to once a day.and drop ascended aswell.I do agree that wvw could use some more love, with achievements giving ascended boxes of weapons and armors.

@Linken.6345 said:

That's a
non-monetary

As for
non-monetary
reward, that's just as valuable as straight up gold.Because imagine someone that only has exotics and wants to gear up (and doesn't trhow away ascended like it's trash).For them, just doing raid content will in time grant them a full set of armor for as many characters as they want, and weapons.Then compare to someone who does WvW for example.

Look, i'm not opposed to you guys getting better rewards, but if raids get them, everyone should get them. That's all i'm saying.Because otherwise, raids become
the

Ìf they do wvw they get marks for free in their reward track, I know since I got afew of them when grabing the silver pip chest for weeks when I wanted the armor skin there.

EditHighest tier fractal people earn more then raiders since theirs are locked to once a day.and drop ascended aswell.I do agree that wvw could use some more love, with achievements giving ascended boxes of weapons and armors.

Oh that's right! Forgot about those!They added that since i've been away from the game.

Idk, like i said, i'm not opposed to anyone getting better loot, just make sure it's not the only place to get good loot.And yeah, Fractals pay well, but you need to get to T4, and get all ascended + agony resistance. Only then does it pay really well. T1 and T2 are not as lucrative, but they're still fine gold for not much time.

EDIT: Just to add... Honestly, there's so much gold to be made in the game now as opposed to when i started playing it's ridiculous. But they've spread that over more content now, so there's not one place you can grind and get all you need. That seems to be the generaly philosophy in the game so far - you want a legendary, you'll do most game modes to get it - you want gold, you'll do a lot of metas to get it etc. So it seems they want people to play diverse content, and i appreciate that. Rather than everyone spending all time at one place, you can now go to any map and find people to play with there. Maybe that's the point, idk...

@Veprovina.4876 said:

That's a
non-monetary

As for
non-monetary

the

Oh that's right! Forgot about those!They added that since i've been away from the game.

Idk, like i said, i'm not opposed to anyone getting better loot, just make sure it's not the
only
place to get good loot.And yeah, Fractals pay well, but you need to get to T4, and get all ascended + agony resistance. Only then does it pay really well. T1 and T2 are not as lucrative, but they're still fine gold for not much time.

EDIT: Just to add... Honestly, there's so much gold to be made in the game now as opposed to when i started playing it's ridiculous. But they've spread that over more content now, so there's not
one
place you can grind and get all you need. That seems to be the generaly philosophy in the game so far - you want a legendary, you'll do most game modes to get it - you want gold, you'll do a lot of metas to get it etc. So it seems they want people to play diverse content, and i appreciate that. Rather than everyone spending all time at one place, you can now go to any map and find people to play with there. Maybe that's the point, idk...

There is one place open world get all the things ( or gold enough to buy what dont drop there)

@Linken.6345 said:

That's a
non-monetary

As for
non-monetary

the

Idk, like i said, i'm not opposed to anyone getting better loot, just make sure it's not the
only
place to get good loot.And yeah, Fractals pay well, but you need to get to T4, and get all ascended + agony resistance. Only then does it pay really well. T1 and T2 are not as lucrative, but they're still fine gold for not much time.

EDIT: Just to add... Honestly, there's so much gold to be made in the game now as opposed to when i started playing it's ridiculous. But they've spread that over more content now, so there's not
one
place you can grind and get all you need. That seems to be the generaly philosophy in the game so far - you want a legendary, you'll do most game modes to get it - you want gold, you'll do a lot of metas to get it etc. So it seems they want people to play diverse content, and i appreciate that. Rather than everyone spending all time at one place, you can now go to any map and find people to play with there. Maybe that's the point, idk...

There is one place open world get all the things ( or gold enough to buy what dont drop there)

I meant more like, you can't just grind one open world map and get legendary armor etc...Maybe you can but gw2 has kind of diminishing returns thing going on.

Oh well...

Good luck with the loot increase, hopefully WvW and PvP get some more love as well in the process. :tongue:

@Linken.6345 said:Yes and then you have to calculate that you can only do it 1 time a week not all day everyday and it goes down the kitten.It does not, really. Remember, that to get a similar weekly total you would need to run fractals every single day. Raiders get all their stuff upfront, and then they can just use the rest of the week for other things. You can say you can only do it once per week, but it can also be said that you have to do it only once per week.

That saying, i would not be opposed to adding more rewards to Raids... as long as some of the stuff from Raids gets available through other PvE avenues. Alternate legendary armor sets for Fractals, and for OW (the last one with similar mode of acquisition as gen1 legendary weapons) would be a good idea. Especially since raids are semi-officially abandoned already anyway.

@Astralporing.1957 said:

@Linken.6345 said:Yes and then you have to calculate that you can only do it 1 time a week not all day everyday and it goes down the kitten.It does not, really. Remember, that to get a similar weekly total you would need to run fractals every single day. Raiders get all their stuff upfront, and then they can just use the rest of the week for other things. You can say you can only do it once per week, but it can also be said that you have to do it
only
once per week.

That saying, i would not be opposed to adding more rewards to Raids... as long as some of the stuff from Raids gets available through other PvE avenues. Alternate legendary armor sets for Fractals, and for OW (the last one with similar mode of acquisition as gen1 legendary weapons) would be a good idea. Especially since raids are semi-officially abandoned already anyway.

Fractals give me up to 50-60g/h and are farmable. The dailies are sometimes 40g alone. Raids have almost no gold value. Even reached 30g/h in drizzlewood. Doing fractals for 3h gives you way better rewards than raids.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

Let me put this into some perspective. The liquid gold that you get is 2G per boss. If you do a full raid clear, this comes to 64G if the bonus wing has four encounters. You can add another 15G on average for selling the random exotics. If you can clear all 7 wings in 3 hours, that's 20G per hour. Also note in my post where I stated that the "rewards in this game are inversely proportional to the challenge to obtain them". With this being the most challenging content in the game, the rewards should be much higher than the rewards from the least challenging content (open world).

That's very generous and could be expected only of the best groups, I'd say average would be 9 hours for all wings and that already accounts for group being above average (it's not unheard of to be stumped on dhuum and quadim).3 hours for all wings is possible only for the best of players.

@AoTsuki.8675 said:

That's very generous and could be expected only of the best groups, I'd say average would be 9 hours for all wings and that already accounts for group being above average (it's not unheard of to be stumped on dhuum and quadim).3 hours for all wings is possible only for the best of players.

Yep. I was using three hours as more of a best case scenario to show that even the g/hr at that rate was lower than other gold farms.

What I find surprising is that there are still those who believe that the liquid rewards in raids are comparable to elsewhere in the game. It’s as if they didn’t even bother to calculate how much is earned and are blindly making an assumption.